Bactafuz Tube Of 5gm Cream
Bactafuz 20 MG Description
Bactafuz cream is a topical antibiotic medicine containing fusidic acid as its main component. It is used in treating skin infections (like eczema or dermatitis) caused by microorganisms like bacteri
a. It is not effective against fungal and viral infections. Do not use this medicine to treat any other skin conditions other than that prescribed by your doctor. Bactafuz cream is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen. Also inform your doctor, if you do not notice any improvement in your condition after applying this medicine for 7 days.
|You Save||₹11.07 (20% on MRP)|
|Contains||Fusidic Acid(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Bacterial skin infections|
|Side effects||Application site reactions|
Uses of Bactafuz 20 MG
- Bactafuz cream is used as a local treatment for treating skin bacterial infections like sycosis barbae, impetigo, nail infection and folliculitis.
- It is also beneficial in treating grazes, infected dermatitis, spots and cuts.
Contraindications of Bactafuz 20 MG
Side effects of Bactafuz 20 MG
- Irritation at the site of application.
- Itching, rashes or hives.
- Pain or burning sensation at the area of application.
- Skin blistering, swelling, reddening and stinging sensation.
Precautions and Warnings of Bactafuz 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You develop any skin reaction or do not notice any improvement after using the Bactafuz cream.
- Bactafuz cream is meant for external applications only.
- Be careful while applying the ointment on your face as it gets inside your mouth or eyes.
- Apply the ointment only for the prescribed time. Do not use it after the infection has been cured.
- Use only small amounts of the Bactafuz, a large amount of ointment is not recommended to the application.
Mode of Action of Bactafuz 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Bactafuz 20 MG
- Before applying the Bactafuz cream, make sure your hands are washed clean.
- Take a little bit of the cream on your clean hand and apply it to the affected area gently. Spread the cream all over the area evenly in a thin layer.
- Rewash your hands after applying the cream, so that you don't spread the infection to other areas of the body.
Interactions of Bactafuz 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Since the Bactafuz cream is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions. ...
- Especially, any other topical creams or ointments.
Storage and disposal of Bactafuz 20 MG
- Store the Bactafuz cream at room temperature below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine out of children's reach.
Dosage of Bactafuz 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Bactafuz cream be used for the elderly and children?
Q: What information do I need to share with my healthcare provider before I start using the Bactafuz cream?
- Inform your healthcare provider about any allergies or reactions you might have with any medication or with Bactafuz cream.
- Also, give a complete medical history to the doctor and let them know about any surgeries you had in the past. Tell them about any herbal or medical supplements you may be taking presently.
Q: I noticed a rash on my child's skin and I am unsure of the type of the rash. Can I use Bactafuz cream to treat it?
- Bactafuz 20 mg/g cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 November 2021]
- Bactafuz 20 mg/g cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 17 November 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 17 November 2021]