Avastin 20mg Tablet
By ROCHE LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The composition of Avastin 20mg Tab includes atorvastatin, which belongs to statin (hypolipidemic) group of medicines. They are used to decrease bad cholesterol, also known as low-density lipoprotein (LDL) in the body.
Uses of Avastin 20mg Tab
- High cholesterol
- Triglyceride levels
- Heart disease
Contraindications of Avastin 20mg Tab
- Any liver disease such as hepatitis or jaundice.
- Abnormal liver tests
- Pregnancy or planning pregnancy
- Allergic to this medication
- If you are being treated with medicines form hepatitis like glecaprevir/pibrentasvir
Side effects of Avastin 20mg Tab
- Nausea, constipation, diarrhoea
- Joint pain, muscle pain and back pain
- Blood tests abnormalities like liver function, creatine kinase. Previously existing liver disease can worsen. Hence liver function test needs to be performed regularly
- Throat pain, nose bleed
- Rare side effects include:
- Lack of appetite
- Allergic reactions
- Nightmares, inability to sleep
- Dizziness, numbness or tingling in the fingers
- Rash and itching
- Feeling unwell/tired
- Serious side effects include:
- Abnormal muscle breakdown (rhabdomyolysis): It is a condition with severe muscle pain, soreness and may be associated with fever. This can be serious as it is associated with breakdown of muscles leading to acute kidney failure. Promptly report to your doctor if you find dark colored urine, fever, muscle painread less
- Serious illness with peeling, swelling, blistering of the skin, mouth, eyes, genitals and fever. Skin rash especially on palms of hands or soles of feet which may blister
Precautions and Warnings of Avastin 20mg Tab
Can I take Avastin 20mg Tab during pregnancy?
Do not take Atorvastatin if you are pregnant or are planning to get pregnant.
Can I take Avastin 20mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Do not take this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Avastin 20mg Tab?
Yes, as this medicine does not affect one's ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Avastin 20mg Tab?
Avoid consuming too much alcohol while taking this medicine, as chances of liver damage may increase.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Discuss with your doctor before starting this medication:
- If you are taking or have taken in the last 7 days a medicine called fusidic acid, (a medicine for bacterial infection). Fusidic acid and this medicine should not be taken together as they lead to serious muscle problemsread less
- If you have kidney problems
- If you have muscle aches or pains, or any family history of muscle problems
- If in the past, you have had muscular problems during treatment with other cholesterol-lowering medicines
- If you regularly consume a large amount of alcohol
Mode of Action of Avastin 20mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Avastin 20mg Tab inhibits this enzyme thus lowering cholesterol and bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. It also increases the good cholesterol also known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels.
Directions for Use of Avastin 20mg Tab
Take Avastin 20mg Tab dosage as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Avastin 20mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can change the effect of this medicine or their effect may be changed by it too
- Increased risk of muscle breakdown when used with other cholesterol-lowering medicines, for example, gemfibrozil, colestipol, ezetimibe
- This medicine should not be taken along with Fusidic acid or within seven days of stopping Fusidic acid, as it will lead to serious side effect of muscle breakdown (rhabdomylosis)
- Monitor lipid levels to ensure that the lowest necessary dose of this medicine is used when given along with amiodarone, diltiazem, or verapamil
- Some medicines can increase the concentration of this medicine in your blood and lead to serious side effects. These medicines include itraconazole, voriconazole, clarithromycin, ciclosporin, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin, ritonavir, lopinavir, atazanavir, indinavir, darunavir, tipranavir/ritonavirread less
- You should not take hepatitis C medicines i.e glecaprevir/pibrentasvir along with this medicine
Interactions with food items
Consume a limited amount of grapefruit juice.
Other general Interactions
Not much is known about it.
Storage and disposal of Avastin 20mg Tab
Store at room temperature between 20-25°C. Store away from heat, moisture and light.
Dosage of Avastin 20mg Tab
Inform your doctor immediately incase of overdose.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose take it as soon as you remember. However, skip the missed dose if it is almost time for the next dose. Do not take a double dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should be taken while on Avastin 20mg Tab?
A: This medicine is a part of a comprehensive program to reduce the cholesterol levels. Avoid eating foods with high fat content and exercise regularly to get the utmost benefit out of this medicine.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking my medicine?
A: Try to take your medicine at the same time every day. Try connecting your medicine with something you do every day, such as brushing your teeth at night or having your dinner. This may help you remember to take it on a daily basis. Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go off at the time you need to take your medicine.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Avastin 20mg Tab?
A: Tell the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Also inform if you have any liver/kidney ailment.
Q: When and how should I take Avastin 20mg Tab?
A: This medicine is to be taken at a fixed time each day with water. It can be taken with or without food.
Q: How long is this medicine to be taken?
A: This medicine should be taken for as long as prescribed by your doctor.
- PubChem. Compound Summary: Atorvastatin.
- MedlinePlus. Atorvastatin.
- DailyMed. LABEL: ATORVASTATIN CALCIUM - atorvastatin calcium tablet.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Avastin 25mg/ml concentrate for solution for infusion.
- PeaceHealth. Bevacizumab - Drug Information.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Package Leaflet: Information For The User. ATORVASTATIN 10 mg film-coated tablets.
- Bethesda (MD). Atorvastatin. 2006.
- Bethesda (MD). Atorvastatin. 2006.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved