Avas 20mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
Avas 20 MG Description
Avas Tablet is a lipid-lowering medicine containing Atorvastatin as its active moiety. It is also known as 'Statins' or 'HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors'. Atorvastatin in Avas Tablet decreases the synth
esis of cholesterol in the body by inhibiting the enzymes responsible for cholesterol formation. You should take this medicine preferably before going to bed to gain optimum benefits. You should avoid consuming a high fat, fried and junk meals and also maintain a healthy and active lifestyle to gain optimum benefits along with Avas Tablet.
- Atortrue 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 149.00₹ 114.744.02% CHEAPER₹ 11.47/Tablet
- Lipvas 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 140.56₹ 119.49₹ 11.95/Tablet
- Atocor 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 188.10₹ 159.8810.79% CHEAPER₹ 10.66/Tablet
Uses of Avas 20 MG
Contraindications of Avas 20 MG
- If you are allergic to Atorvastatin or any other components of Avas Tablet.
- If you have or ever had any liver disease, any abnormality in the liver function test.
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like glecaprevir/pibrentasvir.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Avas 20 MG
- Body pain (joint, back, throat, muscle)
- Swelling of nasal passages and bleeding from the nose
- An abnormal liver function test and increased creatinine level
Precautions and Warnings of Avas 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver or kidney diseases.
- You experienced any muscle problems after taking other lipid-lowering medicines.
- You are taking medicines for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury.
- You have respiratory failure.
- You are addicted to alcohol.
- You have any thyroid problems.
- You have an inability to digest lactose (lactose intolerance).
Mode of Action of Avas 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Avas 20 MG
Interactions of Avas 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- HIV medications such as ritonavir with Avas Tablet can result in severe side effects.
- Erythromycin (antibiotic) taken with Avas Tablet can result in increased side effects.
- It should be ensured that fusidic acid is taken in a proper gap with this medicine, a minimum gap of seven days is advised.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Avas 20 MG
- Store it at a temperature below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Check its expiry date before starting the treatment.