Attera 10mg Tablets
Attera 10 MG Description
Attera 10 mg tablet is a prescription medicine given to children and adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). It refers to impulsiveness, restlessness and lack of concentration in
a person. Attera tablet has Atomoxetine as the active ingredient. Atomoxetine is a selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) that works by regulating certain chemicals in the brain. It helps to relieve the symptoms and improves concentration. Attera tablets can exhibit various side effects like heartburn, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, weight loss, stomach pain, mood swings, etc. The tablet must be consumed according to the recommended dosage and should be taken regularly. It might lead to suicidal thoughts and seizures. Inform the doctor if you notice any unusual symptoms. Kindly report complete medical history to the doctor to avoid any complications.
|You Save||₹11.55 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Attention Deficit Hyperactive Syndrome (ADHD)|
|Side effects||Heartburn, Nausea, Vomiting, Loss of appetite, Weight loss, Stomach pain, Mood swings, Tiredness|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER|
Uses of Attera 10 MG
- Attera tablet is prescribed to children and adults suffering from Attention Deficit Hyperactive Syndrome (ADHD)
Contraindications of Attera 10 MG
- It is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you are hypersensitive or allergic to Atomoxetine
- If you are taking or have taken Monoamine Oxidase(MAO) Inhibitors with 14 days of taking Attera tablet
- If you have a history of severe heart disorder
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma (an eye disorder)
- If you have pheochromocytoma (tumour of the adrenal gland)
Side effects of Attera 10 MG
- Side effects of Attera tablet include:
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Stomach pain
- Mood swings
- Decreased sex drive
- Unusual dreams
Precautions and Warnings of Attera 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of kidney, liver, and respiratory disorders
- You or your family member has a history of any sort of mental illness like depression
- You have suicidal thoughts after having Attera tablet
- You are having any symptoms of cardiovascular disorder
- You have psychotic symptoms like hallucinations, mania
- You have symptoms of allergy like rashes, swelling
- You have seizures after taking the tablet
- You are at present consuming any type of medicine, vitamins or supplements even if it is ayurvedic or any other category
- You want to drive or operate any heavy machinery
- You want to stop or alter the dose of the Attera tablet. Do not stop the medicine haphazardly without consulting your doctor, it can worsen the situation
Mode of Action of Attera 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Attera 10 MG
- Take Attera tablet as advised by the doctor. It is generally prescribed for a longer duration and must be taken every day.
- Maintain a strict routine and timings of taking the tablet. Take it once in the morning and twice a day only if advised by the doctor. The next dose is usually consumed in the late afternoon.
- Attera tablets can be taken with or without food as per your choice.
- Attera tablets should be consumed orally with water. Do not crush, chew or break the tablet.
Interactions of Attera 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Attera tablet can interact with the following various medicines:
- Amiodarone (heart medicine), Fluoxetine (anti-depressant), Cimetidine (anti-allergic), Ketoconazole (antifungal) can interact with Attera tablet. The metabolism of Amiodarone can decrease if combined with Attera tablet...
- Aceclofenac (painkiller) can increase the blood pressure if taken with Attera
- Acetazolamide (medicine for glaucoma) can increase the excretion rate of Atomoxetine
- Haloperidol (antipsychotic) can cause heart defects
- Carbamazepine (anti-epilepsy, Acyclovir (antiviral), Clonazepam (antianxiety) can increase the concentration of Attera in the body
- Ephedrine (medicine for nasal congestion) can increase the risk of high blood if taken with Attera
- Enalapril (medicine for blood pressure) efficacy can reduce if taken with Attera
- Linezolid (antibiotic), Phenelzine (anti-depressant), when combined with Attera, can increase the severity of side effects
Interactions with food items
- Attera tablet is not known to interact with any particular food item.