Attentrol 10mg Capsule
Attentrol 10 MG Description
Attentrol Capsule is a prescription medicine used for the management of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Its active ingredient is Atomoxetine. Mode of action of Attentrol Capsule is b
y increasing the levels of norepinephrine, a natural substance in the brain that controls the behaviour. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a psychological condition that is characterised by difficulty in sustaining attention, impulsive behaviour and hyperactivity. It can happen due to genetics, environment, food additives, alcohol abuse or smoking during pregnancy, etc. Attentrol Capsule helps increase attention and provide a calming effect. You can take Attentrol Capsule with or without food. Try to follow your doctor's instructions precisely regarding dosage and duration. Do not change or stop this medicine without consulting your doctor. It can alleviate the symptoms and worsen the condition. This medicine does not cause any withdrawal symptoms when suddenly stopped. It also does not have a tendency to cause dependency.
|You Save||₹14.37 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Attention Deficit Hyperkinetic/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)|
|Side effects||Heartburn, dizziness, constipation, loss of appetite, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, sweating, fatigue, chest pain, urinary retention, decreased heart rate, increased blood pressure, jaundice|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER|
Uses of Attentrol 10 MG
- As per CDSCO, Attentrol Capsule is used in the management of Attention Deficit Hyperkinetic/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Patients requiring long term therapy should be monitored & consideration should be given to interrupting therapy in patients who are not growing or gaining weight....
Contraindications of Attentrol 10 MG
- If you have any allergic reaction to Atomoxetine and to the ingredients of Attentrol Capsule
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma, an eye condition that causes increased pressure inside the eye
- If you are currently using other antidepressant medicines
- If you have been diagnosed with an adrenal gland tumour called pheochromocytoma
- If you have a heart disease
- Do not take this medicine if you have an aneurysm or any blood vessel condition
- If you have any urinary retention problems
Side effects of Attentrol 10 MG
- Loss of appetite
- Excessive fatigue
Precautions and Warnings of Attentrol 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are experiencing mood changes, suicidal or self-harming thoughts
- You have a severe liver condition
- You are an elderly patient, the side effects of Attentrol Capsule can be severe due to slow metabolism
- You are currently using ayurvedic or herbal medicine and supplements. Some of them may cause side effects with this medicine.
- You have a history of stroke, heart condition, and epilepsy
- Do not use it in children younger than 5 years of age. The information on safety is not clearly established
Mode of Action of Attentrol 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Attentrol 10 MG
- Take the Attentrol Capsule exactly as prescribed by the doctor
- Do not increase the dosage of Attentrol capsule, even if you cannot feel its effects
- You can take this capsule with or without consuming food
- Try not to open the capsule and remove the contents of it. Take it as a whole with a glass of water
- Do not take Attentrol capsule with other medications without informing your doctor
Interactions of Attentrol 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- If you are using antidepressants already, Attentrol capsule can cause increased adverse reactions
- Using Attentrol capsule with other medications like blood pressure medicines, anti-seizure medicines, some cough and cold medicine, antipsychotics, etc., can change its effectiveness
- If you use heart medicine, malarial medicine, or some antibiotics with Attentrol Capsule, it can cause an abnormal heart rhythm
Interactions with food items
- Try to avoid grapefruit and its juice, as it can increase the Attentrol Capsule’s levels in the blood and effect the medicine.
Storage and disposal of Attentrol 10 MG
Dosage of Attentrol 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can the Attentrol Capsule cause addictive behaviour in me?
Q: Can I stop taking the Attentrol Capsule if I feel better?
Q: How long does the Attentrol Capsule take to start showing its effects?
- Atomoxetine 10 mg hard capsules [Internet]. Atomoxetine 10 mg hard capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc). [cited 2022 Feb 21]. Available from:
- GM; G-JKPK. Atomoxetine: A review of its use in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents [Internet]. Paediatric drugs. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 21]. Available from:
- Atomoxetine [Internet]. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. U.S. National Library of Medicine; 2021 [cited 2022 Feb 21]. Available from:
- Bro SP, Kjaersgaard MIS, Parner ET, Sørensen MJ, Olsen J, Bech BH, et al. Adverse pregnancy outcomes after exposure to methylphenidate or atomoxetine during pregnancy [Internet]. Clinical epidemiology. Dove Medical Press; 2015 [cited 2022 Feb 21]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 21 Feb 2022] -