Atorva 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Atorva tablet is a lipid-lowering medicine. It contains atorvastatin as an active ingredient, commonly known as 'Statins'. Atorvastatin in Atorva 10 decreases the synthesis of cholesterol in the body. This medicine inhibits the enzymes responsible for the formation of cholesterol. You should take Atorva as advised by your doctor in the prescribed doses, at a fixed time to gain optimum benefits. Take the medicine before going to bed. Avoid consuming high fat, fried and junk meals and maintain a healthy and active lifestyle to gain the most benefits along with Atorva 10 tablet....
|You Save||₹16.63 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||Headache, increase in blood sugar level, constipation, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Atorvastatin(10.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Atorva 10mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Uses of Atorva 10 MG
It is used to lower cholesterol levels, triglyceride levels (like fat in the blood) and prevent heart problems like a heart attack.
Contraindications of Atorva 10 MG
- If you are allergic to atorvastatin or other components of Atorva tablet.
- If you have or had liver disease, abnormality in liver function test.
- If you are using medicines for hepatitis C like glecaprevir/pibrentasvir.
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Atorva 10 MG
- Muscle, joint pains
- Raise in blood sugar level
Precautions and Warnings of Atorva 10 MG
Can I take the Atorva tablet during pregnancy?
Avoid during pregnancy, as this is a lipid-lowering medicine that harms the foetus. For a woman of childbearing age, discuss with the physician the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby. If you are pregnant or might become pregnant, discontinue the treatment and seek a safer alternative.
Can I take Atorva tablet while breastfeeding?
Inform the doctor if you are breastfeeding, as there is little information available on the use of Atorva tablet during breastfeeding. Avoid unless prescribed after considering it to be essential and safe by the doctor.
Can I drive after consuming Atorva tablet?
There is little information available on the ability to drive or use machines. If you observe or experience side effects, avoid driving or using machines. Contact the doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol while taking Atorva tablet?
Drinking too much alcohol raises the levels of fats in the blood. Avoid consuming alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any underlying medical condition like diabetes, liver or kidney disease, thyroid problems, respiratory problems, muscle-related problems.
- You have a history of stroke with bleeding inside the brain.
- You have repeated muscle pains or a history of muscle-related problems
- You have recently or in the last 7 days, taken medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury.
- You are an alcoholic.
- You are elderly, above 70 years of age.
- You are already taking any other medicines for health conditions.
Mode of Action of Atorva 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is made by the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Atorva tablet inhibits the enzyme and lowers bad cholesterol levels (LDL levels), triglyceride levels and other lipids or fats in the blood. It increases the good cholesterol levels known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels....
Directions for Use of Atorva 10 MG
Swallow as a whole with a glass of water at a fixed time to gain optimal benefits. It must not be broken, crushed or chewed. Take it at night before going to bed.
Interactions of Atorva 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines affect the way Atorva tablet works or Atorva 10mg tablet affects the action of certain medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking other cholesterol-lowering medicines, anticoagulants like warfarin, blood pressure-lowering medicines, painkillers like phenazone, anti-infectives, anti-HIV medicines like ritonavir, medicines used to treat hepatitis C like telaprevir, antacids etc....
Interactions with food items
Avoid or limit consuming grapefruit juice during the prescription of the medicine to avoid side effects.
Storage and disposal of Atorva 10 MG
- Store below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Check for the expiry date before starting the treatment.
Dosage of Atorva 10 MG
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the forgotten dose and continue with the regular dose schedule. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What must I inform my healthcare provider before starting Atorva?
A: Inform regarding the medical history to the doctor, including the usage of all prescribed, non-prescribed and herbal medications. Inform if you have or had a history of liver or kidney disease or if you are pregnant.
Q: What home remedies help the treatment process?
A: Avoid fried and junk food. Avoid carbonated drinks. Exercise daily. Have the last meal of the day 3-4 hours before bedtime.
Q: Can I refer Atorva tablet to people with a similar condition?
A: No, you must not be advised to anyone even if their condition is similar to yours. The medication must be used with a valid doctor's prescription.
Q: How long should I take the medicine?
A: You must continue taking the medicine until the doctor advises you to stop.
Q: Is Atorva tablet a blood thinner?
A: No, Atorva 10 tablet is not a blood thinner. Atorvastatin in the medicine has a lipid-lowering action.
Q: Is Atorva tablet good for cholesterol?
A: Yes, Atorva tablet is used to lower the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) and improve the levels of good cholesterol (HDL) in the blood. It lowers the raised cholesterol.
Q: Can I take Atorva tablet with food?
A: Atorva tablet can be taken with or without food.
Q: Can Atorva tablet be given to children?
A: Atorva tablet is for adults and older people whose cholesterol does not come down enough with exercise and a low-fat diet alone. You must consult a doctor before giving this medicine to children.
Q: What is the dose of Atorva 10?
A: The doctor will decide the specific dose for a specific duration depending upon the severity of the condition. Do not take it endlessly on your own without consulting a doctor.
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film Coated tablet - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 11 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 April 2022]
- Why You Shouldn’t Mix Grapefruit and Statins [Internet]. Healthline. 2022 [cited 11 April 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.