Atormac Cv 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Atormac Cv Capsule is a combination medicine containing atorvastatin and clopidogrel. It is used to lower the lipid or cholesterol in the blood along with a low-fat diet and lifestyle changes. It is also used to reduce the risk of blood clot formation thus aids in preventing a heart attack, stroke, etc. Atorvastatin works by lowering bad cholesterol levels thus reducing the risk of heart diseases and preventing strokes and heart attacks. Clopidogrel works by preventing platelets from sticking together and thus inhibiting blood clot formation. It helps in keeping the blood flow smoothly in your body. Nausea, indigestion, sleeplessness, joint pain or muscle pain are some of the side effects of using Atormac Cv Capsule....
|You Save||₹51.82 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clopidogrel(75.0 Mg),Atorvastatin(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High cholesterol and prevent heart attack|
|Side effects||Nausea, indigestion, sleeplessness, joint or muscle pain, loose motions|
|Classification||ANTI-PLATELET AND HYPOLIPIDEMIC DRUGS|
Check more medicines with composition as Clopidogrel(75.0 Mg) + Atorvastatin(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Atormac Cv 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- To lower the lipid or cholesterol in the blood along with a low-fat diet and lifestyle changes.
- To reduce the risk of blood clot formation thus aids in preventing a heart attack, stroke, etc.
Contraindications of Atormac Cv 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to atorvastatin, clopidogrel or any other ingredients of Atormac Cv Capsule.
- If you have any liver disease.
- If you have bleeding due to an ulcer in your bowel or bleeding in your brain.
- If you are pregnant or may become pregnant.
- If you are a lactating mother.
Side effects of Atormac Cv 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Joint or muscle pain
- Loose motions
- Increase bleeding tendency
Precautions and Warnings of Atormac Cv 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take Atormac Cv Capsule during pregnancy?
Components of this medicine can cause harm to unborn babies if taken by pregnant women. This medicine should not be taken by pregnant women.
Can I take Atormac Cv Capsule while breastfeeding?
Components of this medicine are not known to pass into breastmilk. This medicine should not be taken by a lactating mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Atormac Cv Capsule?
Limited information is available for the effect of this medicine on driving. It is recommended to avoid driving if you experience dizziness or you are unable to stay alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Atormac Cv Capsule?
Consuming alcohol while on this medicine can cause bleeding from the stomach or can cause liver problems. Avoid consuming alcohol while on this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney disease.
- You have muscle pain or muscle weakness after taking this medicine.
- You have diabetes or any lung diseases.
- You have a recent history of stroke.
- You have any scheduled surgery.
- You have a fever or your blood platelet level decreases after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Atormac Cv 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- Atorvastatin works by lowering bad cholesterol thus reduces the risk of heart diseases and prevents stroke and heart attacks.
- Clopidogrel works by preventing platelets from sticking together and thus inhibiting blood clot formation. It helps in keeping the blood flow smoothly in your body.
Directions for Use of Atormac Cv 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Take Atormac Cv Capsule with or without food as prescribed by your doctor.
- You should take this medicine regularly, at the same time and without fail as directed by your doctor.
- You should not consume it more than the stated recommended daily dose.
Interactions of Atormac Cv 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Atormac Cv Capsule with other medicines such as Omeprazole, Esomeprazole, Fluoxetine, Fluconazole, Carbamazepine, Efavirenz can decrease the action of clopidogrel present in this medicine....
- Concomitant use of Atormac Cv Capsule with other medicines such as Niacin, Cyclosporine, Clarithromycin, Gemfibrozil, Itraconazole or medicines from protease inhibitor group of medicine can cause muscle problems....
- Concomitant use of this capsule with medicines such as Ritonavir, Lopinavir, Indinavir, Ketoconazole, Clarithromycin can increase the blood level of Atorvastatin.
- Concomitant use of Atormac Cv Capsule-CV with medicines such as Efavirenz, Rifampin can decrease the blood level of Atorvastatin.
- Concomitant use of Atormac Cv Capsule-CV with medicines from the NSAID group of medicines used in pain management can increase risks of stomach or bowel bleeding.
- Atormac Cv Capsule should be used cautiously with oral contraceptives.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Interactions with food items
Consumption of excessive grapefruit juice (more than 1.2 lit/ day) along with this medicine can increase the blood level of atorvastatin.
Storage and disposal of Atormac Cv 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store it below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use Atormac Cv Capsule after the expiry date.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice that the pack is damaged or shows signs of tampering.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour them into the drain. You need to properly discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Atormac Cv 20mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Symptoms of an overdose include increased bleeding tendency. If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Atormac Cv Capsule then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Atormac Cv Capsule a blood thinner?
A: Atormac Cv Capsule is a combination of two active components, clopidogrel and atorvastatin (acts as a cholesterol-lowering agent). Clopidogrel acts as a blood-thinning agent, which prevents the platelets from sticking together and decreases the formation of harmful blood clots.
Q: When should I take Atormac Cv Capsule?
A: You can take Atormac Cv Capsule with or without food, as advised by the doctor. But it is advised to take it at the same time every day for better results.
Q: What are the contents present in Atormac Cv Capsule?
A: The contents present in Atormac Cv Capsule are atorvastatin and clopidogrel, as its active ingredients.
Q: What are the side effects of Atormac Cv Capsule?
A: Nausea, indigestion, sleeplessness, joint or muscle pain, etc., are a few side effects of Atormac Cv Capsule. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on their own.
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.