Atorec F Tablet
Atorec F Tablet Description
Atorec F Tablet is used to lower the increased cholesterol and triglyceride in the blood along with a low-fat diet and lifestyle changes. It is a combination medicine containing atorvastatin and feno
fibrate as active substances. Atorvastatin works by lowering bad cholesterol and fenofibrate works by breaking down triglyceride fat present in the blood. This reduces the risk of heart diseases and prevents strokes and heart attacks. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding. Also inform about all the medicines and supplements you take and your medical history before starting Atorec F Tablet.
|You Save||₹37.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Fenofibrates(160.0 Mg) + Atorvastatin(10.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, indigestion, diarrhoea, joint pain|
- Atrocord F Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Helios Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 177.00₹ 123.9042.4% CHEAPER₹ 12.39/Tablet
- Biovas Tg TabletBy Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 111.45₹ 72.4466.34% CHEAPER₹ 7.24/Tablet
- Tonact Tg 10mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 438.70₹ 372.89₹ 24.86/Tablet
- Zivast F Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Fdc Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 94.00₹ 82.7261.55% CHEAPER₹ 8.27/Tablet
- Lipikind F TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 89.90₹ 76.4164.48% CHEAPER₹ 7.64/Tablet
- Atorsave F TabletBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 194.84₹ 165.6123.01% CHEAPER₹ 16.56/Tablet
- Atorfen 10mg TabletBy Zuventus Health Care Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 97.65₹ 83.0061.41% CHEAPER₹ 8.3/Tablet
- Orvas Ft TabletBy Systopic Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 76.00₹ 64.6069.97% CHEAPER₹ 6.46/Tablet
- Lipicard Av TabletBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 233.35₹ 198.357.76% CHEAPER₹ 19.84/Tablet
- Atormac Tg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 221.00₹ 187.8512.65% CHEAPER₹ 18.79/Tablet
Uses of Atorec F Tablet
Contraindications of Atorec F Tablet
- If you are allergic to atorvastatin, fenofibrate, or any other ingredient of Atorec F Tablet.
- If you have kidney disease or liver disease.
- If you have gallbladder disease.
- If you are pregnant or a lactating mother.
Side effects of Atorec F Tablet
- Loose motion
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Atorec F Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have a recent history of stroke.
- You have liver disease or had liver problems after taking this medicine.
- You have kidney problems due to muscle injury caused due to this medicine.
- You have muscle pain or muscle weakness with or without a fever after taking this medicine.
- You have diabetes or underactive thyroid.
- You have gallstone after taking this medicine.
- You have allergy or swelling of lips, face, throat, tongue after taking this medicine.
- You have a fever or rash after taking Atorec F Tablet.
Mode of Action of Atorec F Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Atorec F Tablet contains atorvastatin and fenofibrate as active substances.
- Atorvastatin works by lowering bad cholesterol.
- Fenofibrate works by the breakdown of triglyceride fat present in blood.
Directions for Use of Atorec F Tablet
- Take Atorec F Tablet as directed by your doctor.
- It should be swallowed whole with a glass of water. Do not break, cut or chew it.
- Take at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Atorec F Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Atorec F Tablet works or Atorec F Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Atorec F Tablet with medicines such as niacin, clarithromycin, itraconazole, and ritonavir can cause muscle problems.
- Concomitant use of Atorec F Tablet with blood thinner medicines such as warfarin increases the action of warfarin.
- Medicines such as clarithromycin, erythromycin, diltiazem, itraconazole, glecaprevir, and pibrentasvir or can cause an increase in the blood level of Atorec F Tablet when taken together.
- Medicines such as efavirenz and rifampin can cause a decrease in the blood level of Atorec F Tablet when used concomitantly.
- Concomitant use of Atorec F Tablet with medicines such as cyclosporine and tacrolimus can cause kidney problems.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Atorec F Tablet
- Store Atorec F Tablets below 25°C in a cool and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Atorec F Tablet
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When should I take Atorec F Tablet?
Q: What is the composition of Atorec F Tablet?
Q: What is Atorec F Tablet used for?
- Ciplamed - Atorlip-F [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Atorvastatin 10 mg Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Fenofibrate 200 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Fenofibrate 200 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]