Atocor 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Atocor 40mg Tab 15`S is classified under the statin group of medicines and is used for decreasing the bad cholesterol levels known as low-density lipoproteins (LDL) in the body. The generic name of this medicine is atorvastatin.
Uses of Atocor 40mg Tab 15`S
The primary use of this medicine is regulate and control the elevated levels of cholesterol and triglycerides. The medicine is also used to manage the long-term heart problems such as heart attack, stroke, chest pain, etc.
Contraindications of Atocor 40mg Tab 15`S
- Allergic reactions to this medication or other statin group medicines
- Liver-related problems such as jaundice/hepatitis (inflammation of the liver)
- Abnormal liver tests
- Breastfeeding/pregnancy/planning pregnancy
Side effects of Atocor 40mg Tab 15`S
- The normal side effects associated with Atocor 40mg Tab 15`S are stomach pain, heartburn, dizziness, headache, nausea and constipation
- Serious critical side effects of this medication are fever, blood in the urine along with muscle pain muscle ache, lethargy, jaundice and abnormal liver enzymes
- One rare and severe side effect of this medicine is rhabdomyolysis (abnormal muscle breakdown)
Precautions and Warnings of Atocor 40mg Tab 15`S
Can I consume Atocor 40mg Tab 15`S during pregnancy?
Do not take the this medicine during pregnancy or if you are planning pregnancy as this medicine is known to cause harm to the foetus.
Can I take Atocor 40mg Tab 15`S while breastfeeding?
This medicine is not safe to be administered in the period of breastfeeding. Kindly seek alternate treatment options for your condition during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed this tablet?
Yes, one can consume this medicine as it does not affect one's driving ability.
Can I drink alcohol with this medicine?
There are chances of liver damage if alcohol is consumed during the administration this medicine; hence, Alcohol intake should be avoided or quit altogether
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or liver problems
- You have a family history of muscle problems such as muscle pain/aches of if you have encountered muscle-related issues with the administration of statin medicines
- You are a regular drinker of alcohol
- You are getting treatment of hepatitis
Mode of Action of Atocor 40mg Tab 15`S
How Does It Work?
The composition of Atocor 40mg Tab 15`S obstructs the working of enzyme HMG-CoA reductase, which produces cholesterol, thus lowering its levels. Simultaneously, it increases the levels of high-density lipoproteins (HDL).
Directions for Use of Atocor 40mg Tab 15`S
The medicine can be consumed with or without food in the same amount instructed by the doctor.
Interactions of Atocor 40mg Tab 15`S
Interactions with other medicines
- Fusidic acid (or within seven days of stopping fusidic acid as it can cause abnormal muscle breakdown)
- The risk of myopathy is increased when other lipid-lowering agents are taken along with this medicine
- Medicines like warfarin, oral contraceptive pills, cyclosporine, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin, itraconazole, ketoconazole and HIV protease inhibitors have negative interactions with this medicineread less
- If you are on the prescription of medicines like amiodarone, diltiazem or verapamil, then you are advised to take the lowest possible dose of this medication
- Antacids (like aluminium hydroxide) must not be administered within two hours of taking this medicine
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice, including its derivatives and extracts, should not be taken with this medicine. A low-fat diet is strongly advised for achieving the desired levels of cholesterol along with this medicine.
Other general Interactions
If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorders, muscle-related problems or if you are pregnant and breastfeeding, you must not take this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Atocor 40mg Tab 15`S
This medicine should be stored below 25°C, while protecting it from light, moisture and heat. This medicine must be discarded by following the standard waste management procedures.
Dosage of Atocor 40mg Tab 15`S
An overdose (deliberate or accidental) of this medicine can lead to muscular breakdown or pain accompanied with an increase in the side effects of Atocor 40mg Tab 15`S. Therefore, you should be cautious in avoiding overdose, and you must immediately report it to the physician.
Missed a Dose
The missed dose has to be taken as soon as you recall it. Do not take the forgotten dose if it is time for the next dose. The extra doses should not be taken in any case.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is this tablet also a blood thinner?
A: No, this medication is only used to lower the production of bad cholesterol in the body.
Q: For how long should I take this medicine? Is it safe for a long-term consumption?
A: One might have to take this medication for a long period of time (based on his/her condition and doctor's prescription). Do not change or stop the use of this medicine without asking your doctor because it may again lead to an increase in the cholesterol levels. It is safe to be administered for a longer time period, which is prescribed by your doctor, as this medicine has few side effects.
Q: Does the consumption of this tablet lead to weight loss?
A: No, this tablet has not been reported to cause a loss of weight.
Q: What should I do if I keep forgetting my medicine?
A: Try to associate the administration of this medicine with any of your daily activities (having meal, brushing your teeth,). This will help you remember the dose. Also, keeping a daily reminder on your phone will also be helpful.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC). Package leaflet: Information for the user. Atorvastatin 10 mg film-coated tablets. Atorvastatin 20 mg film-coated tablets. Atorvastatin 40 mg film-coated tablets. Atorvastatin 80 mg film-coated tablets. Atorvastatin.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Atorvastatin.
Other Products from this Brand
- Atocor 10 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Atocor 10 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 40 Mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 20 Mg Tablet 15 S
- Atocor 10 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Atocor 5 Mg Tablet
- Atocor 20 Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 80 Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Atocor 20 Mg Tablet
- Atocor 10 Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Atocor 40 Mg Tab 10 S
- Atocor 40 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Atocor 20 Mg Tab 30 S
- Atocor Activ 10 Mg Tab
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Up to Rs.500 cashback By Bank of Baroda + Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved