Asthalin 4mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
By CIPLA LIMITED
30 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Asthalin 4 MG Description
Asthalin 4mg tablet is used to provide relief from symptoms like breathlessness, wheezing sound, chest tightness, coughing, etc. associated with asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD
). It contains Salbutamol as its active ingredient. This medicine acts as a bronchodilator and works by relaxing the muscles of the airway, thus widening the passage and easing breathing. You should not increase the dose or stop taking this medicine on your own as it can alter the effectiveness of the treatment. Discuss with your doctor if you have any underlying medical conditions and currently taking any other medicine.
|You Save||₹0.96 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Salbutamol / Albuterol(4.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Asthma and COPD|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, irregular heartbeat, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Salbutamol / Albuterol(4.0 Mg)
Uses of Asthalin 4 MG
Asthalin 4mg tablet is indicated for the management and treating of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Contraindications of Asthalin 4 MG
- If you are allergic to salbutamol or any of the constituents of the Asthalin 4mg tablet.
- If you have a history of miscarriage.
- If you are already taking medicines for high blood pressure.
Side effects of Asthalin 4 MG
- Irregular heartbeats
- Muscular cramps
- Low potassium level (that leads to muscle spasm, weakness)
Precautions and Warnings of Asthalin 4 MG
Can I take Asthalin 4mg tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of Asthalin 4mg tablet during pregnancy. However, your doctor may prescribe you this medicine if it has more advantages than risks. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I take Asthalin 4mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Asthalin 4mg tablet is secreted in breastmilk therefore its use in breastfeeding mothers requires careful consideration. Therefore, a breastfeeding mother should take this medicine only under the doctor's recommendation.
Can I drive if I have consumed Asthalin 4mg tablet?
Asthalin 4mg tablet does not impair your ability to drive. However, if you develop side effects such as dizziness, muscle cramps or tremors, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Asthalin 4mg tablet?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and medicine. However, intake of alcoholic beverages or tobacco while on treatment with salbutamol may increase the side effects. Smoking should be avoided strictly since it is known to worsen breathing disorders.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have underlying medical conditions such as overactive thyroid, a heart-related disorder, etc.
- You have diabetes because your blood sugar level may rise and continuous monitoring is required.
- You may experience chest pain or breathing problem during the treatment. You should consult your doctor immediately, it can be an underlying heart disorder.
- You feel that Asthalin 4mg tablet is less effective and not able to give you relief, but you should not increase the dose on your own. Seek medical help immediately.
- You experience allergic reactions like hives, itching, swelling, etc. during the treatment.
Mode of Action of Asthalin 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Asthalin 4mg tablet acts by widening the airways in asthma and COPD. It works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widening airways, thereby making it easier to breathe.
Directions for Use of Asthalin 4 MG
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Never stop the medicine on your own.
- Complete the entire course of the medicine, do not stop the medicine halfway, if you feel better.
Interactions of Asthalin 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Sometimes Asthalin 4mg tablet may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how this medicine works if taken at the same time. Especially, if you are taking antihypertensives like water pills, medicines used for brain-related disorders, medicines for heart-related problems like digoxin, etc. ...
- Concomitant use with anti-asthmatic medicines like theophylline and steroids along with Asthalin 4mg tablet can cause a low level of potassium in the blood.
Storage and disposal of Asthalin 4 MG
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children.
- Store it below 25°C in a dry place.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date which is mentioned in the medicine.
Dosage of Asthalin 4 MG
Asthalin 4mg tablet overdose can be serious. Symptoms of an overdose may lead to a low level of potassium which may cause muscle spasm and weakness, nausea, vomiting, fast heartbeat, fits, etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine and notice such symptoms, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose, take it as soon as you recall it. However, if the next dose is imminent, then skip the missed dose and continue with the next dose. Do not take an extra dose to compensate for the missed dose....
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I smoke if I have been prescribed Asthalin 4mg tablet?
A: No, you should not smoke while taking the medicine. Smoking irritates the lungs, leading to harmful effects. In the case of asthma, the patients experience serious difficulty in breathing. Consult your doctor if it is hard for you to avoid smoking.
Q: How quickly does Asthalin 4mg tablet work?
A: Asthalin 4mg Tablet is a bronchodilator. It causes the muscles of the airways to relax into the lungs, which makes it easier to breathe. Its effects occur within 15 minutes and last for about 14 hours. The result varies in each individual depending on their condition and its severity.
Q: Is it safe to take Asthalin 4mg tablet if I have heart problems?
A: It will depend on the severity of your heart problems. Your doctor needs to be consulted. If you experience severe chest pain after taking the medicine, seek medical attention right away.
Q: Should I use this medication on an empty stomach, before food or after food?
A: You can use this medication before or after food. The better time will be one hour before food or one hour after food.
Q: Can Asthalin 4mg tablet be stopped immediately?
A: In some cases, it always advisable to stop the intake of some medicines gradually because of the rebound effect of the medicine. It is wise to get in touch with your doctor as a professional advice is needed in this case regarding your health, medications and further recommendation to give you a stable health condition.
Q: Can Asthalin be taken for cough?
A: Asthalin 4mg tablet is used to provide relief and for maintenance of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD) symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, and breathlessness. If the coughing is due to some bacterial infection or any other reason, this medicine cannot be used. It is necessary to know the exact reason for cough for better treatment. Do not self-medicate.
Q: When should I take Asthalin 4?
A: You can take Asthalin at any time of the day with or without food, as advised by the doctor. But it's important to take it regularly for maximum effectiveness.
Q: What are the side effects of Asthallin?
A: Headache, dizziness, irregular heartbeat, nausea are a few side effects of Asthalin. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own. Also, everyone doesn't have to experience the same.
- Salbutamol 4 mg Tablets BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 31 March 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 31 March 2022]
- Salbutamol 4 mg Tablets BP - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 31 March 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- ASTHALIN 100MCG BOX OF 200MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- ASTHALIN 2.5MG 2.5ML PACKET OF 5 RESPULES
- ASTHALIN 200MCG BOX OF 60 ROTACAPS
- ASTHALIN SYRUP 100ML
- ASTHALIN RESPIRATOR SOLU 15ML
- ASTHALIN 4MG STRIP OF 45 TABLETS
- ASTHALIN 2MG STRIP OF 45 TABLETS
- ASTHALIN AX SUGAR FREE BOTTLE OF 100ML SYRUP
- ASTHALIN 2MG STRIP OF 30 TABLETS
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed