Assixime 100mg Tablets
Assixime 100 MG Description
Assixime Tablet is an antibiotic medicine containing cefixime as its active ingredient. It is used in treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract, lungs, throat, airways, tonsils, middle ear a
nd cervical/urethral infections. It is also used to treat typhoid fever. It works by interfering with the synthesis of the cell wall of bacteria, this leads to the death of the bacteria responsible for the infection. Assixime Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not miss any doses or stop taking this medicine on your own. You must complete the course of antibiotics, discontinuing the treatment on your own, leads to antibiotic resistance and the recurrence of infection makes this medicine less effective for future infections.
Uses of Assixime 100 MG
- Assixime Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the ear, nose or sinuses (such as sinusitis), urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections), throat infections (such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis) and lungs (such as bronchitis, pneumonia)....
- It is also effective for typhoid (enteric) fever and gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Assixime 100 MG
- If you are allergic to cefixime or any other ingredients of Assixime Tablet.
- If you are allergic to any similar antibiotics, including Penicillin.
Side effects of Assixime 100 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Assixime 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- You experience skin reactions after taking Assixime Tablet.
- You have or had encephalopathy (damage or disease that affects the brain and alters the way the brain works).
- You are suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
- You develop any allergic reaction after using Assixime Tablet.
Mode of Action of Assixime 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Assixime 100 MG
- Assixime Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine and do not discontinue on your own.
Interactions of Assixime 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Assixime Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking Carbamazepine (a medicine used to treat seizures) and blood thinners such as Warfarin.
- Assixime Tablet may alter the clotting parameters and there is a risk of unusual bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Assixime 100 MG
- Store Assixime Tablet below 25°C, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Assixime 100 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Assixime Tablet for fever and cold?
Q: Can I stop taking Assixime Tablet if I feel better?
Q: Can I take Assixime Tablet if I have flu?
Q: Why do I experience diarrhoea after taking Assixime Tablet?
- DailyMed - Cefixime Capsule [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ziprax Dispersible Tablets / Dry Syrup (Cefixime) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefixime [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]