Ascoril Sf Expt
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
100ml Suspension in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ascoril SF expectorant is a combination medicine that is used in the management of wet cough due to asthma and infection of airways, lungs and throat such as bronchitis. The wet cough is usually accompanied by chest tightness, spasms, mucous build-up, wheezing and difficulty in expelling out the cough. It is a combination medicine containing - Bromhexine, Guaifenesin and Terbutaline. Bromhexine is a mucolytic agent, Guaifenesin is an expectorant, and Terbutaline is a bronchodilator. Ascoril SF expectorant works by thinning, liquefying, and loosening the mucus and makes the expulsion easy. It also relaxes the airways and makes breathing easier. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed....
|You Save||₹22.32 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Bromhexine(2.0 Mg),Terbutaline(1.25 Mg),Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(50.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, irregular or fast heartbeat, muscle spasm, low potassium level|
|Classification||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Bromhexine(2.0 Mg) + Terbutaline(1.25 Mg) + Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Ascoril Sf Expt
The Ascoril SF expectorant is used to manage wet cough associated with bronchial asthma, infection or inflammation in the lungs, throat and airways.
Contraindications of Ascoril Sf Expt
- If you are allergic to guaifenesin, terbutaline, bromhexine or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have heart-related problems like high blood pressure.
- If you have diabetes or an overactive thyroid gland.
- If you have a liver or kidney function problem.
- If you are pregnant or are a breastfeeding women.
- If you have seizures and tremors.
Side effects of Ascoril Sf Expt
- Irregular or fast heartbeat
- Muscle spasm
- Low potassium level
Precautions and Warnings of Ascoril Sf Expt
Can I take Ascoril SF expectorant during pregnancy?
There is no information available about the safety of this medicine during pregnancy. Hence it is recommended not to use it, unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Ascoril SF expectorant while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment as it may harm the newborn baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ascoril SF expectorant?
It can cause dizziness or drowsiness. Be cautious while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Ascoril SF expectorant?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine. So it is important to consult your physician if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any allergies after taking this syrup.
- You have a history of asthma, peptic ulcers, liver or kidney disorder.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You have any heart problems like irregular heartbeat.
- You have a history of fits, seizures or tremors.
- You have diabetes, overactive thyroid gland.
- You have a low potassium level in your blood.
- You are already taking any other medicines for cough.
- This medicine should not be given to the children.
Mode of Action of Ascoril Sf Expt
How Does It Work?
- Terbutaline has bronchodilator properties. It relaxes the muscles of the airways and inhibits the release of inflammation-causing chemical substances. Thereby, it improves airflow to the lungs and makes breathing easier....
- Guaifenesin is an expectorant that helps in thinning the mucous in the airways and makes it easier to cough out and clear the airways.
- Bromhexine helps in reducing the mucous by boosting the production of phlegm in the respiratory tract and aids to make the mucous thinner and less sticky. Therefore, it makes the expulsion of cough easier....
Directions for Use of Ascoril Sf Expt
- Take Ascoril SF expectorant as prescribed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Carefully measure the dose using a special measuring cup or spoon.
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Ascoril Sf Expt
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ascoril SF expectorant works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Ascoril SF expectorant along with Theophylline used to treat asthma and anti-hypertensive medicines like propranolol, atenolol, acetazolamide (used to prevent altitude sickness) etc. is not advised. Caution is advised....
- Ascoril SF expectorant should not be combined with cough suppressants as it may alter the action of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Ascoril Sf Expt
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Ascoril Sf Expt
The symptoms of an overdose of Ascoril SF expectorant include abdominal pain, nausea, dry mouth, fits, fast heartbeat and drowsiness. In case of an overdose, reach out to your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the next dose at the scheduled time. Do not take a double dosage to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Ascoril SF expectorant for dry cough?
A: This syrup is generally used for wet cough only. It helps in loosening up the mucus (phlegm), increasing airway secretions and relaxing the airways so that the mucus is released, liquefy and expelled from the airways easily through coughing. Consult your doctor for more information on which medicine/syrup to be taken for dry cough.
Q: Can we give Ascoril SF expectorant to elderly patients?
A: Elderly patients are more prone to the side effects of this medicine. Also, conditions like glaucoma, prostate problems, liver and kidney diseases are more prevalent in the elderly population, aggravating the side effects of this medicine. Therefore, always consult a doctor before giving it to elderly patients.
- Trump A [Internet]. Alkemlabs.com. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- Terbutaline Bromhexine & Guaiphenesin Syrup Manufacturer & Supplier India | Buy Online [Internet]. https://wellonapharma.com/. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Respiratory System Drugs: 218-233.
- TERBUTALINE SYRUP [Internet]. Quest3plus.bpfk.gov.my. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- Bromhexine.com - The official site for Bromhexine information [Internet]. Bromhexine. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- Benylin Chesty Cough & Cold Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.