Ascoril Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Ascoril Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant Description
Ascoril SF expectorant is a combination medicine that is used in the management of wet cough due to asthma and infection of airways, lungs and throat such as bronchitis. The wet cough is usually acco
mpanied by chest tightness, spasms, mucous build-up, wheezing and difficulty in expelling out the cough. It is a combination medicine containing - Bromhexine, Guaifenesin and Terbutaline. Bromhexine is a mucolytic agent, Guaifenesin is an expectorant, and Terbutaline is a bronchodilator. Ascoril SF expectorant works by thinning, liquefying, and loosening the mucus and makes the expulsion easy. It also relaxes the airways and makes breathing easier. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed.
|₹20.65 (14% on MRP)
|Bromhexine(2.0 Mg/5ml) + Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(50.0 Mg/5ml) + Terbutaline(1.25 Mg/5ml)
|Headache, irregular or fast heartbeat, muscle spasm, low potassium level
|COUGH COLD PREPARATION
Uses of Ascoril Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Contraindications of Ascoril Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
- If you are allergic to guaifenesin, terbutaline, bromhexine or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have heart-related problems like high blood pressure.
- If you have diabetes or an overactive thyroid gland.
- If you have a liver or kidney function problem.
- If you are pregnant or are a breastfeeding women.
- If you have seizures and tremors.
Side effects of Ascoril Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
- Irregular or fast heartbeat
- Muscle spasm
- Low potassium level
Precautions and Warnings of Ascoril Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Other General Warnings
- You experience any allergies after taking this syrup.
- You have a history of asthma, peptic ulcers, liver or kidney disorder.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You have any heart problems like irregular heartbeat.
- You have a history of fits, seizures or tremors.
- You have diabetes, overactive thyroid gland.
- You have a low potassium level in your blood.
- You are already taking any other medicines for cough.
- This medicine should not be given to the children.
Mode of Action of Ascoril Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
How Does It Work?
- Terbutaline has bronchodilator properties. It relaxes the muscles of the airways and inhibits the release of inflammation-causing chemical substances. Thereby, it improves airflow to the lungs and makes breathing easier....
- Guaifenesin is an expectorant that helps in thinning the mucous in the airways and makes it easier to cough out and clear the airways.
- Bromhexine helps in reducing the mucous by boosting the production of phlegm in the respiratory tract and aids to make the mucous thinner and less sticky. Therefore, it makes the expulsion of cough easier....
Directions for Use of Ascoril Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
- Take Ascoril SF expectorant as prescribed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Carefully measure the dose using a special measuring cup or spoon.
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Ascoril Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ascoril SF expectorant works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Ascoril SF expectorant along with Theophylline used to treat asthma and anti-hypertensive medicines like propranolol, atenolol, acetazolamide (used to prevent altitude sickness) etc. is not advised. Caution is advised....
- Ascoril SF expectorant should not be combined with cough suppressants as it may alter the action of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Ascoril Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
- Store this medicine below 25°C
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Ascoril Sf Bottle Of 100ml Expectorant
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Ascoril SF expectorant for dry cough?
Q: Can we give Ascoril SF expectorant to elderly patients?
- Trump A [Internet]. Alkemlabs.com. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- Terbutaline Bromhexine & Guaiphenesin Syrup Manufacturer & Supplier India | Buy Online [Internet]. https://wellonapharma.com/. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Respiratory System Drugs: 218-233.
- TERBUTALINE SYRUP [Internet]. Quest3plus.bpfk.gov.my. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- Bromhexine.com - The official site for Bromhexine information [Internet]. Bromhexine. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
- Benylin Chesty Cough & Cold Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
- ASCORIL LS BOTTLE OF 100ML EXPECTORANT
- ASCORIL PLUS BOTTLE OF 200ML EXPECTORANT
- ASCORIL LS JUNIOR BOTTLE OF 60ML EXPECTORANT
- ASCORIL PLUS BOTTLE OF 120ML EXPECTORANT
- ASCORIL LS JUNIOR BOTTLE OF 100ML EXPECTORANT
- ASCORIL PLUS GINGER LEMON FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 120ML EXPECTORANT
- ASCORIL PLUS HONEY ROSE FLAVOUR BOTTLE OF 120ML EXPECTORANT
- ASCORIL FLU SYRUP 60ML
- ASCORIL PLUS STRIP OF 15 TABLETS