Arpizol 15mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Arpizol Tablet uses include treatment of symptoms of Schizophrenia. It is also used to treat irritability due to autism. Arpizol tab is also part of the treatment for Tourette’s syndrome. Tourette’s syndrome causes unchecked repetitive movements or undesirable noises. Arpizol may be used along with other medicines to treat these disorders. Arpizol Tab contains Aripiprazole as the main ingredient. It has a distinct pharmacological profile. Arpizol Tab falls under the category of atypical antipsychotics or second-generation antipsychotics (SGA). Arpizol Tab side effects may include headache, nervousness, weight gain and fatigue. If you have diabetes, you will have to regularly monitor your sugar levels while consuming Arpizol. Your doctor will conduct regular blood tests while treating you with Arpizol Tab. Take this medicine only as prescribed by your physician...
|You Save||₹34.52 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Schizophrenia, Autistic disorder, Tourette’s syndrome|
|Side effects||Appetite changes, Pain in joints, Stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Aripiprazole(15.0 Mg)
Uses of Arpizol 15 MG
- Treatment of schizophrenia
- Treatment of symptoms of mania and depression
- Treatment of irritability due to autism
- Treatment of Tourette’s disorder in children
Contraindications of Arpizol 15 MG
If you are allergic to Aripiprazole. If you have a history of cardiac disorders. If you are a senior citizen with dementia.
Side effects of Arpizol 15 MG
- Increased saliva production
Precautions and Warnings of Arpizol 15 MG
Can I take Arpizol Tablet during pregnancy?
Arpizol Tab should not be used during pregnancy. If pregnant women consume the Arpizol tab in their last trimester, then it may make their newborns vulnerable to problems like abnormal muscle movement and withdrawal symptoms.
Can I take an Arpizol Tablet while breastfeeding?
Arpizol Tab passes in the breast milk. Lactating mothers consuming Arpazol Tab should monitor their infants for symptoms like lethargy, insomnia, appetite changes or irritability.
Can I drive if I have taken Arpizol Tablet?
Arpizol Tab may cause drowsiness. It is better to avoid activities like driving that require mental concentration after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Arpizol Tablet?
No. Alcohol can increase the drowsiness experienced after taking Arpizol Tab. Consuming alcohol with Arpizol Tab may also increase your risk of liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are scheduled for any surgery.
- You are consuming any ayurvedic or homoeopathic medicines.
- You are planning any vigorous physical activity. Aripiprazole may make it difficult for your body to cool down.
- You get thoughts of self-harm or suicide while taking Arpizol Tab.
- You have ever had a problem due to low white blood cell count.
- You have suffered from dehydration in the past.
- You’re consuming vitamins, supplements and other medicines.
- Don’t miss your appointments with your doctor, as regular monitoring is necessary while taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Arpizol 15 MG
How Does It Work?
Arpizol contains Aripiprazole that rebalances dopamine and serotonin(substances are responsible for your mood and feeling of well-being). This improves your mood, behaviour and thinking. This also provides relief from symptoms of schizophrenia-like hallucinations, delusions and lack of motivation....
Directions for Use of Arpizol 15 MG
- Your doctor will start with a mild dose of Arpizol Tablet.
- The dose will be adjusted depending on your response to the medicine.
- Older adults will be given a lower dose of Arpizol Tab.
- You can take this tablet before or after food.
- Swallow Arpizol Tab whole with water.
- Do not crush it or add it to food or drinks.
Interactions of Arpizol 15 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Antidepressants: Arpizol may react with antidepressants like Fluoxetine, Paroxetine and Nefazodone to raise the blood levels and side effects. You become more likely to develop side effects like drowsiness, low blood pressure and seizures....
- Antifungals: Combining Arpizol with antifungals like Fluconazole, Ketoconazole and Itraconazole can reduce the metabolism of Aripiprazole.
- Antiarrhythmic agents: Consuming Quinidine with Arpizol will increase aripiprazole in your blood.
- HIV medicines like protease inhibitors:
- Indinavir - Indinavir can reduce the metabolism of Aripiprazole when taken together.
- Ritonavir - Ritonavir can increase the concentration of aripiprazole in blood when taken with Arpizol Tab.
- Saquinavir - Saquinavir may decrease the metabolism of Aripiprazole if taken together.
- Anti-seizure medicines like:
- Carbamazepine - Combining Arpizol Tab with Carbamazepine results in a reduction in the concentration of aripiprazole in the blood.
- Tuberculosis medicines: Medicines like Rifampicin and Rifabutin may reduce the effects of Aripiprazole.
Interactions with food items
- Seek your doctor’s advice before consuming grapefruit juice.
- Drink plenty of water while taking Arpizol Tab.
Storage and disposal of Arpizol 15 MG
Store Arpizol Tab in a clean and dry place that is inaccessible to children and pets. Arpizol Tab can be stored at room temperature. Shield Arpizol tab from moisture, high heat and direct sunlight. Throw away unused tablets after your treatment is stopped....
Dosage of Arpizol 15 MG
Contact your doctor immediately if you have taken an overdose of Arpizol Tab. You could experience problems like sleepiness, tremors and vomiting if you have consumed an extra dose of the medicine
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of Arpizol Tab, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose of Arpizol Tab, then skip the missed dose. Avoid missing doses as it will reduce the effectiveness of Arpizol Tab. Taking it at the same time daily will make it easier to follow the schedule. Put an alarm on your phone to avoid missing doses....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have been consuming Arpizol for the past few days. I have not seen any improvement in my condition. Why?
A: Arpizol Tab may need a few weeks to start showing its effect. The period in which maximum efficacy can be seen may vary from individual to individual.
Q: Will I have to take Arpizol Tab for a long period?
A: That depends on your reasons for using Arpizol Tab. If you are taking Arpizol Tab for treatment of schizophrenia symptoms, then you may need to take it for a long duration. It also depends on how your body responds to the medicine.
Q: I have started gaining weight after taking Arpizol Tab? Should I stop taking this medicine?
A: Arpizol Tab may cause weight gain in some patients. Talk to your doctor about it. Never discontinue Arpizol Tab without a doctor's advice, or you may experience withdrawal symptoms like uncontrolled speech, uncontrolled shaking or facial tics
- Fleischhacker WW. Aripiprazole. Expert Opin Pharmacother [Internet]. 2005 [cited 2022 Feb 18];6(12):2091–101
- Aripiprazole (Abilify) [Internet]. Nami.org. [cited 2022 Feb 18].
- University of Illinois. Aripiprazole, oral tablet [Internet]. Healthline. 2021 [cited 2022 Feb 18]
- Aripiprazole (oral route) [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. [cited 2022 Feb 18].
- Aripiprazole 5mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Org.uk. [cited 2022 Feb 18]
- Org.uk. [cited 2022 Feb 18].
- Aripiprazole: Macular skin rashes: case report. React Wkly [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2022 Feb 18];1539(1):48–48.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.