Aqsusten 25mg Ampoule Of 1ml Injection
By SUN PHARMA
1ml Injection in Ampoule
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Aqsusten 25 MG Description
Aqsusten 25mg Ampoule Of 1ml Injection contains Progesterone, a natural female hormone.
|You Save||₹17.10 (15% on MRP)|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR FEMALE INFERTILITY|
Check more medicines with composition as Progesterone(25.0 Mg)
1 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Aqsusten 25mg Ampoule Of 1ml Injection
- Naturogest Aq 25mg Ampoule Of 1ml InjectionBy Zydus Healthcare Limited1ml Injection in AmpouleMRP 96.30₹ 81.8515.53% CHEAPER₹ 81.85/Millilitre
Uses of Aqsusten 25 MG
Menstrual irregularities or abnormal bleeding caused by hormonal imbalance.
Contraindications of Aqsusten 25 MG
- If you have an allergy to Progesterone or any of the ingredients of the medicine
- If you have or ever had breast or uterine cancer
- If you experience vaginal bleeding
- If you are suffering from heart disease or clots in blood vessels
- If you are suffering from porphyria (inherited or acquired disorders of certain enzymes)
- If you have bleeding in your brain or stroke
- If you have liver disease
- If you are breastfeeding
Side effects of Aqsusten 25 MG
- Spotting a change in body weight
- Pain, redness at site of injection
- Breast tenderness
- Joint pain
- Hot flushes (feeling sudden warmth over face, neck or chest)
- Urine problems
- Vaginal discharge
- Increased risk of breast cancer, clots in blood vessels, heart disease
Precautions and Warnings of Aqsusten 25 MG
Can I take Aqsusten 25mg Ampoule Of 1ml Injection during pregnancy?
If you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant, you should not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Aqsusten 25mg Ampoule Of 1ml Injection while breastfeeding?
Aqsusten 25mg Ampoule Of 1ml Injection should not be taken during breastfeeding as this medicine can harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Aqsusten 25mg Ampoule Of 1ml Injection?
This medicine may cause drowsiness or dizziness. Therefore caution is advised while driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Aqsusten 25mg Ampoule Of 1ml Injection?
It is unknown if drinking alcohol is safe when you are taking Progesterone. However, it is advised not to drink alcohol while taking this medicine as alcohol may worsen the side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience abnormal vaginal bleeding or develop fibroids
- You notice changes in breast or nipple
- You have liver problems
- You have high blood pressure or diabetes
- You have a history of fits (epilepsy) or asthma
- You have or had depression
- You have asthma
- You have hearing or eardrum diseases
- Your skin is sensitive to light
- You develop yellowing of eyes or skin
- You notice visual disturbance
Mode of Action of Aqsusten 25 MG
How Does It Work?
This medicine replenishes the female hormone i.e. progesterone which is required for normal functioning of the uterus, menses and fertility.
Directions for Use of Aqsusten 25 MG
- This medicine will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Aqsusten 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy (Phenobarbital, Phenytoin and Carbamazepine)
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (Rifampicin, Rifabutin)
- Medicines used to treat HIV infections (Nevirapine, Efavirenz, Ritonavir and Nelfinavir)
- Medicines used to treat Parkinson’s Disease (Bromocriptine)
- Medicines used to treat a fungal infection (Ketoconazole, Griseofulvin, Terbinafine)
- Medicines known as water tablets (Spironolactone)
- Antibiotics like Ampicillin, Tetracyclines
- Medicines used to prevent blood clots (Coumarins, Phenindione)
- Medicines used to treat diabetes
- Medicines like Ulipristal Acetate used as emergency contraceptives
- Medicines used to treat anxiety disorders (Diazepam)
- Medicines used to treat multiple sclerosis (Tizanidine)
Storage and disposal of Aqsusten 25 MG
- Store below 25°C
- Please keep it away from children
Dosage of Aqsusten 25 MG
- Your doctor or nurse will give this injection so it is unlikely that you overdose on this medicine
- Symptoms of overdose include drowsiness, dizziness, sleepiness or fatigue
Missed a Dose
- You will be monitored by your doctor or nurse on when the medicine should be given to you
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I be careful about while taking this medicine?
- This medicine can increase the risk of breast cancer. Hence inform the doctor if you or anyone in your family ever had breast cancer
- Check your breast regularly for changes in nipple, any lumps, unusual dimpling of skin. If you notice any of these, immediately inform your doctor
- This medicine can also increase the risk of heart disease, immediately notify your doctor if you experience pain in chest or pain in legs and inability to walk
Q: Is there anything else I need to know while taking Progesterone?
- Yes, if you are going to have a surgery, tell your doctor that you are being treated with Progesterone as you may need to stop taking this medicine for 4-6 weeks before the surgery to reduce the risk of blood clots...
- Get regularly examined by your doctor for mammography
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed