Amtas Lp Tablet
Amtas Lp Tablet Description
Amtas Lp Tablet is a combination medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains amlodipine and lisinopril as its main components that belongs to an anti-hypertensive class of med
icines. It helps to reduce blood pressure and thus reduces the chances of future heart attack and stroke. Take Amtas Lp Tablet in the correct doses and for the exact duration as advised by your doctor. Taking this medicine regularly as prescribed by your doctor, along with other lifestyle modifications, can help you control your blood pressure better. You should also inform your doctor about your complete medical history before initiating the treatment.
Uses of Amtas Lp Tablet
Contraindications of Amtas Lp Tablet
- If you are allergic to this amlodipine, lisinopril or any other ingredients of Amtas Lp Tablet.
- If you are pregnant (second and third trimesters).
- If you have a history of serious allergic reaction called angioedema (recurrent episodes of swelling).
- If you have diabetes or kidney dysfunction and you are taking blood pressure-lowering medicine like aliskiren.
- If you have any kind of heart problems, including cardiogenic shock.
- If you have a condition of low blood pressure.
Side effects of Amtas Lp Tablet
Precautions and Warnings of Amtas Lp Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You experience any symptoms associated with low blood pressure.
- You have any kidney-related problems.
- You experience allergic reactions such as swelling of the face, lips, tongues, etc.
- You have any kind of underlying medical condition such as heart problems, liver problems, etc.
- You experience non-product persistent cough during the treatment.
- You may develop kidney failure or diabetes due to a high level of potassium level in the blood during the treatment.
- You are elderly. Caution is advised while changing the dose for the elderly.
- You are diabetic and taking anti-diabetic medicines. Close monitoring is advised during the first month of treatment with Amtas Lp.
Mode of Action of Amtas Lp Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Amtas Lp Tablet
- Amtas Lp Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Amtas Lp Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Amtas Lp Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking any other blood pressure-lowering medicine, water pills, mood disorders-related medicines like lithium, NSAIDs, anti-psychotic medicines, nerve-related medicines, anti-diabetic medicines and immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, etc....
- Avoid taking this medicine along with grapefruit juice, as it may enhance the blood pressure-lowering effect of Amtas Lp.
Storage and disposal of Amtas Lp Tablet
- Store Amtas Lp Tablet in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.