Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Amtas At Tablet is an antihypertensive medicine used to treat high blood pressure and angina pectoris. Angina pectoris is a condition characterised by chest pain, tightness and squeezing in the chest
radiating towards the shoulders, arms and neck. It contains a combination of two medicines, namely amlodipine and atenolol. Amtas At Tablet lower the blood pressure, heart rate and contractility of heart muscles. Patients with kidney and liver function problems and the elderly should be very cautious while taking this medicine. This medicine should be used under medical prescription and for the exact duration as it is prescribed.
Uses of Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to this amlodipine, atenolol or any of the ingredients of Amtas At Tablet.
- If you have low blood pressure.
- If you have any kind of heart-related diseases.
- If you have a blood circulation problem due to which affects the blood supply to different body parts.
- If you have a hormone-secreting tumour in the adrenal gland (Pheochromocytoma).
- If you are suffering from metabolic acidosis, a condition when the body produces excess acid.
Side effects of Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Ankle swelling
Precautions and Warnings of Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have a liver problem or kidney problems.
- You experience that your heart condition is getting worse.
- You are suffering from high or low blood sugar level.
- You are suffering from respiratory tract infections like asthma or obstruction of the airways.
- You have a planned surgery or operation.
- You develop a thyroid disorder during treatment with Amtas At Tablet.
- You are above 60 years.
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Mode of Action of Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Amtas At Tablet works by the combined action of Atenolol & Amlodipine.
- Atenolol works by blocking the certain natural chemicals in your body, like epinephrine, to the heart and blood vessels which ultimately helps in lowering heart rate, blood pressure and strain on the heart....
- Amlodipine works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels, thereby facilitating blood circulation and lowering blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Amtas At Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not break, cut or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for better blood pressure control and do not consume it more than the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Amtas At Tablet is a combination of two medicines and there is no sufficient information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. Any interaction which is seen with amlodipine or telmisartan can happen with this combination too....
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorders....
- In particular, if you are taking medicines like immunosuppressants (such as ciclosporin), medicines for heart and brain-related disorders, muscle relaxants, cholesterol-lowering medicines, etc.
- You may experience an excess drop in blood pressure if you are taking any other blood pressure-lowering medicines, antifungal medicines and antibiotics with this medicine.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Dosage of Amtas At 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Amtas At Tablet?
Q: What precautions should I follow to control my high blood pressure?
- Consult a doctor and follow his prescription.
- Restrict salt intake in your diet.
- Follow a low-carb, low-fat diet.
- Do regular exercise for 30- 40 minutes every day.
- Maintain a healthy weight.