Ambrodil S Syp 100ml
By ARISTO PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Uses of Ambrodil S Syp 100ml
Ambrodil-S syrup is a cough expectorant used to relieve symptoms such as cough and congestion due to various respiratory tract infections or inflammation.
Contraindications of Ambrodil S Syp 100ml
If you are allergic to Ambroxol or Salbutamol or any other ingredients of this medicine.
Side effects of Ambrodil S Syp 100ml
- Increased appetite
- Increased heart rate
Precautions and Warnings of Ambrodil S Syp 100ml
Can I take Ambrodil-S syrup during pregnancy?
Ambrodil-S syrup should not be taken during pregnancy as it can lead to abnormalities in the unborn child. Please inform your doctor if you happen to conceive while you are on this medicine. Consult your doctor for more information on the associated risk of this medicine when used during pregnancy.
Can I take Ambrodil-S syrup while breastfeeding?
Ambrodil-S syrup passes into breast milk and may cause harm to the baby. Hence, it should be avoided during breastfeeding. However, your doctor may prescribe you this syrup if the benefits of the treatment to the mother outweigh the risk to a breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ambrodil-S syrup?
Ambrodil-S syrup may make you dizzy. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Ambrodil-S syrup?
There is limited information about the effects of Ambrodil-S syrup with alcohol. You should consult your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your kidney or liver.
- You have stomach ulcers or diabetes.
- You have increased blood pressure or heart diseases.
- You have a past or present history of treatment for fits.
- You have thyroid disease due to a decrease in thyroid hormones.
- You have glaucoma or asthma.
- You are taking any other medicine to treat your cough or cold.
- You develop any serious skin allergy after taking this medicine.
- It should also be avoided if you are having labour pain or about to deliver as it can interfere with the process of delivery.
- Even though this medicine opens up the airway, very rarely a person may feel a choking sensation after consuming it, in this case, it is necessary to visit a medical facility immediately.
Mode of Action of Ambrodil S Syp 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Ambrodil-S acts on the inner lining of the respiratory tract and it acts via two different mechanisms:
- Ambroxol in the syrup causes an increase in the secretions of the respiratory tract. It helps in the loosening of thick mucus and facilitates its removal. Mucus is removed through coughing it out and thus improves cough and congestion.Read less
- Salbutamol acts on the muscles of the airway and causes their relaxation. It causes the airway to open up (dilate) and improves airflow reducing the difficulty in breathing. It also inhibits the release of substances causing allergy which reduces secretions, reducing cough and blockage of the airway.Read less
Directions for Use of Ambrodil S Syp 100ml
- Take Ambrodil-S syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
- If the cough persists for more than 14 days, contact your physician at the earliest.
Interactions of Ambrodil S Syp 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Ambrodil-S Syrup with other medicines. However, as Ambrodil-S syrup contains Ambroxol & Salbutamol, any interactions seen with these 2 alone may occur with this combination.Read less
- Simultaneous use of cough suppressant with Ambrodil-S may affect the removal of liquified mucus by inhibiting coughing and cause congestion (stuffy nose).
- Concentrations of antibiotics like Amoxycillin, Cefuroxime, Erythromycin are increased in the sputum when taken simultaneously with Ambrodil-S Syrup and can increase the side effects.
- You may experience chest pain, palpitations, shakiness of hands, nervousness, rise or fall of blood pressure if you use Ambrodil-S with medicines like Phenylephrine, Levosalbutamol, Terbutaline, Arformoterol, Salmeterol, which are used in asthma, bronchitis and with Xylometazoline, which is used as a nasal decongestant.Read less
- Ambrodil-S syrup should be avoided if you are taking medicines like Imipramine, Trimipramine, Rasagiline, Selegiline which are used to treat psychiatric illness. These medicines, when used with Ambrodil-S, can cause high blood pressure, increased heartbeats or palpitations and shakiness.Read less
- High blood pressure medicines like Propranolol, Timolol can oppose the action of Ambrodil-S and can cause narrowing of the airway and make breathing difficult.
- Water pills or medicines which increase urination and are used to treat high blood pressure can cause changes in heart rate when taken simultaneously with Ambrodil-S syrup.
- There should be caution in the use of Ambrodil-S syrup if you are already having Digoxin which is used to treat heart failure.
Storage and disposal of Ambrodil S Syp 100ml
- Store Ambrodil-S syrup below 30°C, protected from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep away from the reach of children and pets.
- Dispose of the expired medicine or medicines no longer required.
Dosage of Ambrodil S Syp 100ml
Symptoms of an overdose are fits, chest pain, rise or fall of blood pressure, increased heartbeats, nervousness, headache, tremors, dryness in mouth, nausea, dizziness, weakness, sleeplessness and heart attack (rare cases). If you think you have taken too much of Ambrodil-S syrup or experience these symptoms after starting this medicine, contact your treating physician immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You should remember to take doses at the appropriate time for the desired effect. If you forget to take a dose, it should be taken as soon as you remember, unless it is nearly time for your next dose. In this case, you should skip the missed dose and take the remaining dose as normal. You should avoid taking a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How will I come to know that I have an allergy to Ambrodil-S syrup?
A: If you have developed skin lesions, rashes, itchiness, difficulty in breathing or eye swelling immediately or shortly after consuming this syrup, then it may be due to Ambrodil-S syrup.
Q: I have a habit of smoking and have a cough while smoking. Can I use Ambrodil-S for such a cough?
A: Yes, you can use this syrup for cough due to smoking. However, you should avoid smoking if you have a persistent cough due to smoking and consult a doctor for any underlying disease.
Q: Can I consume Ambrodil-S syrup in diabetes?
A: Ambrodil-S can raise blood sugar. Hence, it is advised to consult your physician before using it in diabetes.
Q: Is Ambrodil-S syrup an antibiotic medicine?
A: No, Ambrodil-S syrup is not an antibiotic. Ambrodil-S helps in the smooth expulsion of mucus through coughing and opening the airway.
Q: Is Ambrodil-S syrup habit forming?
A: No, Ambrodil-S syrup is not habit-forming. However, it is advised that this syrup should not be used more than the prescribed time. It also should not be used in any cough without the consultation of a doctor.
Q: For how many days should Ambrodil-S syrup be continued?
A: In any case, Ambrodil-S syrup should not be continued for more than 14 days without consulting your treating physician. If a productive cough persists for more than 14 days, it is necessary to search for other causes of cough.
Q: Will Ambrodil-S syrup make me sleepy?
A: Ambrodil-S syrup in itself does not contain substances that can make you feel sleepy. However, if you have been prescribed multiple medicines, it is better to ask your doctor in advance about the medications that can make you sleepy.
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Use in children should not be started without consulting a child health specialist who will also decide the dosage to be given.
Q: What if one stops taking Ambrodil-S?
A: If Ambrodil-S is stopped before the prescribed time, this may affect the effectiveness of this medicine and may lead to cough not being cured. Also, it is advisable not to start Ambrodil-S on one’s own wish without having a proper consultation with one’s treating physician.
Q: When will I not be allowed to take Ambrodil-S?
A: Usually, if a patient is known to have an allergy to Ambrodil-S or if he/she complains of dry cough, then the treating physician will not advise taking Ambrodil-S. Additionally, a female who is pregnant for less than 7 months or who is having labour pain or about to deliver or a lactating mother would be instructed by her doctor not to use Ambrodil-S Syrup, even if she has a cough with sputum production.
Q: Is Ambrodil-S syrup effective?
A: Yes, Ambrodil-S syrup is effective when taken at the dose and duration advised by your doctor.
Q: Are there any side effects of Ambrodil-S syrup?
A: You may experience side effects like headaches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, fever, diarrhoea while on treatment with Ambrodil-S syrup.
Q: What is Ambrodil-S syrup and what is it used for?
A: Ambrodil-S syrup is a cough expectorant containing a combination of Ambroxol and Salbutamol. It is used in relieving symptoms such as cough and congestion due to various respiratory tract infections.
- GSK. Ambrolex. PI. [Accessed on 07.Nov.2020] (online)
- Dailymed. Albuterol Syrup. [Accessed on 07.Nov.2020] (online)
- Medscape. Albuterol. [Accessed on 07.Nov.2020] (online)
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals. Product page. [Accessed on 07.Nov.2020] (online)
- CDSCO. Ambroxol/Salbutamol. [Accessed on 07.Nov.2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 02 Jul 2021 | 10:28 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved