Alzil M 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Alzil M 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Alzil M Tablet is an anti-Alzheimer's medicine that is used to treat Alzheimer's dementia. Alzheimer's dementia is a type of brain disorder that gradually causes memory loss, mood and behaviour chang
es, confusion, and difficulty speaking, swallowing or walking. Alzil M Tablet contains a combination of donepezil and memantine as its active ingredients that work by preventing or slowing down the damage to the nerves. Avoid taking this medicine without consulting your doctor. The dose and duration of this medicine will be decided by your doctor as per your signs and symptoms.
|You Save||₹28.80 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Donepezil(5.0 Mg) + Memantine(5.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, diarrhoea, dizziness, tiredness, muscle cramps|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR ALZHEIMER DISEASE|
Check more medicines with composition as Donepezil(5.0 Mg) + Memantine(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Alzil M 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Alzil M Tablet is used for the treatment of Alzheimer's dementia.
Contraindications of Alzil M 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to donepezil, memantine, or any other ingredient of Alzil M Tablet.
- If you are allergic to any piperidine derivatives.
Side effects of Alzil M 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Muscle cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Alzil M 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Alzil M Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the effect of Alzil M Tablets in pregnancy. This medicine should be used in pregnant women only if recommended by the doctor after assessing the need and the risk.
Can I take Alzil M Tablet while breastfeeding?
No information is available if Alzil M Tablet passes into human breast milk. This medicine may be used in breastfeeding women if recommended by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Alzil M Tablet?
There is no information on the effect of Alzil M Tablet on driving ability. If you experience any symptoms which may affect your ability to drive safely, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Alzil M Tablet?
Alcohol should not be consumed with Alzil M Tablet as it may increase the risk of side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart, liver, or kidney problems.
- You have stomach or duodenal ulcers.
- You have asthma or any other lung problems.
- You experience seizures (fits) or convulsions.
- You have any surgery planned including dental surgery where anaesthesia may be used.
- You are pregnant, plan on becoming pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
- You experience nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea that lasts for a long time.
- You have bladder problems or difficulty in passing urine.
Mode of Action of Alzil M 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Alzil M Tablet contains donepezil and memantine as the active ingredients. Donepezil inhibits the action of a chemical called acetylcholinesterase that is responsible for breaking down a substance called acetylcholine. Acetylcholine helps you to remember things. Thus, donepezil increases the level of acetylcholine in the brain. Memantine works by binding to certain proteins called NMDA receptors that help prevent nerve damage....
Directions for Use of Alzil M 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Alzil M 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Alzil M Tablet works, or this Tablet itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines for Parkinson's disease (amantadine), pain-relief (ketamine), cough (dextromethorphan), fungal infections (ketoconazole), abnormal heart rhythm (quinidine), seizures/fits (phenytoin, phenobarbital), inflammation (dexamethasone), tuberculosis (rifampin), anticholinergics (atropine, dicyclomine)....
- Alzil M Tablet should be used with caution with medicines that can make the urine alkaline (carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, sodium bicarbonate).
- The use of Alzil M Tablet with skeletal muscle relaxants (succinylcholine) or bethanechol may increase the effect of Alzil M Tablet in the body.
Storage and disposal of Alzil M 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Alzil M 5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of overdose of Alzil M Tablet include dizziness, weakness, restlessness, sleepiness, vomiting, salivation, and sweating. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Alzheimer's dementia?
A: Alzheimer's dementia is a disorder of the brain that gradually destroys memory and hence decreases the ability to think. About 60-70% of the cases of dementia are due to Alzheimer's disease. Signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's dementia include difficulty in remembering things, confusion, problems in speech, mood and personality changes, and problems in finishing daily tasks at home.
Q: What is the best time of the day to take Alzil M Tablet?
A: The doctor will suggest you the best time of the day to take Alzil M Tablet depending on your condition, other medications that you take, food, and lifestyle habits.
Q: For how long should I take Alzil M Tablet?
A: Alzil M Tablet should be taken at the same dose and same frequency exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Your doctor will advise you on how long you should continue to take this medicine. Do not stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor.
Q: Can I take Alzil M Tablet along with my other regular medicines?
A: Your doctor will recommend whether you can take Alzil M Tablet if you are taking or have recently taken other medicines. Please inform your doctor about any other medicines that you are taking, including nonprescription medicines, herbals, and supplements.
Q: Can I stop taking Alzil M Tablet if I start feeling better?
A: The dose and duration of the Alzil M Tablet will be recommended by your doctor depending on your signs and symptoms. Your doctor will advise you on how long you should continue to take this medicine. Do not stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed