By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Altraday Capsule contains a combination of two medicines Aceclofenac and Rabeprazole. They belong to a class of painkillers, respectively to reduce stomach acid. It is used as an anti-inflammatory and analgesic agent to reduce swelling, pain and inflammation of bones joints and muscles. Altraday capsules work by the combined action of its two components. Aceclofenac inhibits the action of certain chemicals in the body responsible for inflammation, swelling and pain, the Rabeprazole present in the medicine helps in reducing the gastric acid content induced by aceclofenac and thus reduces the chances of painkiller associated ulcer, heartburn and acidity. This medicine should not be given to children.
Uses of Altraday Capsule
Altraday Capsule is used for the conditions of swelling, pain and inflammation of joints muscles, bones and other body parts. It can sometimes be used for post-operative and dental pain as well.
Contraindications of Altraday Capsule
- Altraday capsule is a combination of medicine and there is limited information about contraindication of it. Any condition in which the individual component should not be taken can be considered contraindicated for this combination as well.read less
- If you have an allergy to Aceclofenac or Rabeprazole or to or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are allergic to other pain killers like Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Diclofenac
- If you have a history of severe allergic reaction upon painkiller consumption like asthmatic attack, runny nose and skin reactions
- If you are suffering from any liver or kidney disease
- If you have heart problems like heart attack or heart failure or stroke
- If you have any bleeding or blood clotting disorders or blood circulation problem
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or breastfeeding
Side effects of Altraday Capsule
- Stomach Pain
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Altraday Capsule
Can I take Altraday Capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of Altraday capsules in human pregnancy and components of this medicine is known to be unsafe in pregnancy. Therefore, it should not be used during pregnancy.
Can I take Altraday Capsule while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Altraday capsule passes into human milk and there is limited information available on its safety on the breastfed infant and lactating women. Consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Altraday capsule?
You may experience visual disturbances, inability to recognise objects properly, dizziness, sleepiness, vertigo while on treatment with Altraday capsules, thus you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Altraday capsule?
There is no information regarding the interaction of Altraday capsule with alcohol. It is recommended not to consume alcohol while on this medicine, as alcohol leads to acidity and can lead to an increase in the abdominal discomfort and other side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart, kidney or liver
- You have stomach or intestine issues like bleeding, inflammatory bowel disease or stomach tumor
- You have blood circulations problems or bleeding disorder or are taking blood thinners
- You have asthma or breathing issues or are a smoker
- You have diabetes or high blood pressure or high cholesterol or fats
- You have a condition known as porphyria or lupus
- You have chickenpox, the use of this medicine can lead to a serious infection.
- You had major surgery and are recovering from it
- You are allergic to other proton pump inhibitors like Omeprazole, Esomeprazole or substituted Benzimidazoles
- You are taking Atazanavir to treat HIV
- You have or are a risk of having a vitamin B12 deficiency
- You are going to have a specific blood test (Chromogranin A), you should immediately stop this medicine and consult your doctor, if you notice a very serious infection.
- You are above 65 years of age
- This medicine is not recommended for use in children.
Mode of Action of Altraday Capsule
How Does It Work?
- The combination of Aceclofenac and Rabeprazole in Altraday is based on the pain killer effect of Aceclofenac and the anti-acidity effect of Rabeprazole.
- Aceclofenac blocks or inhibits the action of certain chemicals produced in the body which is responsible for the sensation of pain, swelling and inflammation and thus helps to ease pain and reduce swelling.read less
- However, the use of Aceclofenac has been reported to cause gastric discomfort and acidity. Hence, it is combined with Rabeprazole, a medicine that reduces the amount of acid made by the stomach, thus preventing damage to the stomach. Thus, the combination helps alleviate pain with minimal gastric irritation caused due to Aceclofenac alone.read less
Directions for Use of Altraday Capsule
Altraday capsules should be taken with a glass of water along with food or after your meals. This medicine should be taken regularly, in doses and frequency as prescribed by your doctor and should not be taken for a duration longer than prescribed.
Interactions of Altraday Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Altraday capsule is a combination of two medicines and there is limited information available on its interaction with other medicines. Any interaction seen with individual component should be considered for this combination.read less
- Concomitant use of Altraday capsule along with other pain killers like Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Steroids, antiplatelets like Clopidogrel, should be avoided as it can cause stomach and intestine bleeding.
- Concomitant use of Altraday capsule along with digoxin (used to treat heart failure) should be avoided unless frequently monitored, as it can alter the effects of the medicine.
- You should not use Altraday capsule for 8-12 days after taking Mifepristone, as it can reduce its effects.
- Concomitant use of Altraday capsule should be avoided along with medicines used to treat HIV like Zidovudine, Atazanavir, as it can alter its effects.
- Concomitant use of Altraday capsule along with diuretics such as Thiazides, Furosemide, Amiloride can increase the risk of toxicity in the kidney.
- Concomitant use of Altraday capsule with anticoagulants like Warfarin and medicine to treat psychiatric illnesses like Escitalopram, Fluoxetine can increase the risk of bleeding and ulcers.
- Use of antidiabetics along with Altraday capsule can affect your blood sugar level. The doctor may ask you to monitor blood sugar level regularly.
- Medicines used to modify immune response like Methotrexate, Ciclosporin and Tacrolimus if taken along with Altraday capsule can cause kidney problems.
- Antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin, Norfloxacin can cause fits if you have a history of fits or seizures if taken along with Altraday capsule.
- Other medicines like Lithium, Ketoconazole, Itraconazole, Ramipril, Enalapril, Valsartan, Candesartan or Telmisartan should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
No food interaction with Altraday medicine has been found. However, it is recommended to avoid spicy and oily food to reduce the chances of acidity and stomach discomfort.
Storage and disposal of Altraday Capsule
- Store Altraday capsules below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw into the drain.
Dosage of Altraday Capsule
Symptoms of overdose of Altraday capsules are headache, nausea, vomiting, irritation or bleeding in the stomach and intestines, diarrhoea (rare), excitation, drowsiness, dizziness, low blood pressure, unable to breathe, fainting, occasionally fits and coma. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. Excess of Altraday capsule will lead to kidney or liver damage.
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Altraday capsule may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Altraday capsule a painkiller?
A: Yes, Altraday capsule is a pain killer medicine. Kindly, do not self medicate this medicine as it may not be suitable for your condition without consulting your doctor.
Q: How long can I use Altraday capsule one per day?
A: Altraday capsules should be used as told and only for the duration for which your doctor prescribes it. Consumption of Altraday capsules for a prolonged period increases the chances of developing side effects such as stomach discomfort and worsen kidney, liver and heart diseases. Also, pain, if not controlled by short term use of the medicine, should be examined by a doctor to identify the underlying cause which should then be treated.
Q: My wife has been prescribed this medicine, how to give her Altraday capsule?
A: You should give her Altraday capsule along with a glass of water after having her meal. You need to give her this medicine regularly, in doses, frequency and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- EMC. SmPC. Preservex. [Accessed on 17-Jul-2020] (online)
- EMC. PIL. Preservex. [Accessed on 17-Jul-2020] (online)
- EMC. SmPC. Rabeprazole. [Accessed on 17-Jul-2020] (online)
- EMC. PIL. Rabeprazole. [Accessed on 17-Jul-2020] (online)
- Sunpharma. Altraday Capsule Indications. [Accessed on 17-Jul-2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 01:35 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved