Alfoo 10mg Tab 10`s
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Alfoo tablet is a medicine used for the treatment of enlarged prostate in males also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia. It contains alfuzosin as its active ingredient. It helps improve symptoms su
ch as painful urination, difficulty in passing urine and urinary frequency and urgency. Alfoo tablet works by relaxing the muscles of the bladder and prostate gland. Before taking this medicine let your doctor know your complete medical and medication history. Do not take this medicine if you are having a history of allergy to alfuzosin or any other ingredients of this medicine, liver, kidney problems and blood pressure-lowering medicines. This medicine should be taken after a meal, do not take on an empty stomach....
Uses of Alfoo 10mg Tab 10`S
It is used to treat the symptoms related to benign prostatic hyperplasia and acute urinary retention.
Contraindications of Alfoo 10mg Tab 10`S
- If you have a history of allergy (rashes, breathing problem, swelling of lips and tongue) to any of the content of Alfoo tablet medicine.
- If you are taking medicines like doxazosin, indoramin, prazosin, terazosin tamsulosin, or phenoxybenzamine.
- If you feel dizzy, light-headed or faint when you stand or sit up quickly from sitting or lying position, because of drop in blood pressure (orthostatic hypotension).
- If you have liver problems
Side effects of Alfoo 10mg Tab 10`S
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Alfoo 10mg Tab 10`S
Can I take Alfoo tablet during pregnancy?
Alfoo tablet is meant to be used only by males.
Can I take Alfoo tablet while breastfeeding?
Alfoo tablet is meant to be used only in males.
Can I drive if I have consumed Alfoo tablet?
Alfoo tablet may cause dizziness and drowsiness, so don’t get involved in any activity which requires concentration like driving or using heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Alfoo tablet?
There is no direct interaction between known between alcohol and Alfoo tablet. Inform your doctor if you have a regular habit of drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart problems (like pumping problems or abnormal heart beats or rhythm).
- Your doctor may ask you to regular monitor your blood pressure during this treatment.
- You have any kidney problems (as it may aggravate the side effects of this medicine)
- You are taking other medicine to decreases the blood pressure as it may produce postural hypotension.
- You are over the age of 65 (as the chances of postural hypotension and related side effects increases).
- You have a history of painful erections of the penis, unrelated to sexual activity.
- You experience during the treatment visit your doctor as early as possible as it may damage the penile tissue and produce permanent loss of potency.
- You are undergoing any surgery specially related to eye. You have chest pain or history of it.
- This medicine should not be used in paediatric population.
Mode of Action of Alfoo 10mg Tab 10`S
How Does It Work?
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia is a non-cancerous condition where the prostate gland enlarges. So it presses the urethra (urine tube) and produces disturbances in the urine out flow. Thus the patient presents with symptoms like difficulty in urination, incomplete evacuation of urine, dribbling, frequent urge to go to urination and weak urine stream. In some patients, prostate gland becomes so big that it completely stops the urine outflow, this condition is called Acute urine retention....Read more
- Alfoo tablet relaxes the muscles of the bladder and thus improves the urine outflow, so the symptoms related to benign prostatic hyperplasia and acute urine retention improves.
Directions for Use of Alfoo 10mg Tab 10`S
- Alfoo tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- It should be taken immediately after having your meal.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
Interactions of Alfoo 10mg Tab 10`S
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Alfoo tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Concomitant use of medicines like doxazosin, indoramin, prazosin, terazosin with this medicine can result in increased side effects.
- Medicines to treat high blood pressure should not be used together as you may get symptoms like dizziness, weakness, sweating.
- Any medicine for heart problems like for chest pain (angina)
- Medicines for fungal infections like itraconazole, ketoconazole should not be used together with this medicine as they increases the side effects of Alfoo tablet
- Concomitant use of medicines to treat HIV infections like ritonavir increases the side effects of this medicine.
- Concomitant use of medicines to treat bacterial infections like clarithromycin, telithromycin increases the side effects of Alfoo tablet.
- Medicines to treat brain diseases like nefazodone when used together with this medicine can alter the effect of the medicine.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Alfoo 10mg Tab 10`S
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Store below 30°C in the original package.
Dosage of Alfoo 10mg Tab 10`S
Take this medicine in a dose exactly prescribed by your doctor. Overdose may increase the side effects of medicine. If you think you have taken more than required, contact your doctor immediately. In
case if you feel dizzy, lie down and once you feel normal visit the doctor. If you feel a painful erection of penis without sexual activity, get immediate medical attention...
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Alfoo tablet used for?
A: Alfoo tablet is used to treat the symptoms related to the enlargement of prostate gland (benign prostatic hyperplasia) and retention of urine.
Q: How long Alfoo tablet can be taken?
A: Always take this tablet in the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. You may need to take the medicine for a longer period.
Q: Are tablets Urimax and Alfoo tablet both the same?
A: Urimax tablet contains a medicine known as tamsulosin while tablet Alfoo tablet contains alfuzosin. Both medicines are used to improve the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Do not self-medicate or substitute them. Always take a doctor's advice before taking it.
Q: Can I experience dizziness after taking this medicine?
A: Yes, you may feel dizzy or faint on suddenly standing from a sitting or lying position. This is known as postural hypotension. This occurs because of a sudden drop in blood pressure. So slowly get up from the lying or sitting position to avoid it. If u feel down for some time and once you feel normal visit your doctor. Your doctor may decrease the dose of medicine.
- CDSCO | Alfuzosin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 16 August 2021]
- Xatral XL 10mg prolonged release tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 August 2021]
- Xatral XL 10mg prolonged release tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 14 August 2021]
Last Updated on: 19 Aug 2021 | 09:30 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved