Akair Lc Kid Strip Of 10 Tablets
Akair Lc Kid Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Akair Lc Kid Tablet contains a combination of montelukast and levocetirizine as its active ingredients. It is used for providing relief from allergic rhinitis such as a runny & stuffy nose, blockage
n airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms in children. Akair Lc Kid Tablet blocks the release of chemical substances, histamine and leukotrienes responsible for allergic symptoms. Give tab Akair Lc Kid with or without food.
Uses of Akair Lc Kid Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Akair Lc Kid Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If your child is allergic to levocetirizine, cetirizine or montelukast or any other ingredients of Akair Lc Kid Tablet.
- If your child has kidney problems or is undergoing dialysis.
- If your child is unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of Akair Lc Kid Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Akair Lc Kid Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- Your child is taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- Your child is already taking painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- Your child experience a rash or difficulty in breathing.
- Your child is suffering from a psychiatric illness.
- Your child is suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- Your child is not able to empty the bladder completely.
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case your child experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- Akair Lc Kid Tablet is not meant for relief from acute asthma. Use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
Mode of Action of Akair Lc Kid Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It acts by reducing the swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Akair Lc Kid Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Akair Lc Kid Tablet should be given as instructed by your doctor.
- Disperse the Tablet into a sufficient quantity of water. It would be best if you give it at a fixed time to your child for optimal results.
Interactions of Akair Lc Kid Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Akair Lc Kid Tablet works, or tab Akair Lc Kid itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently giving or might give to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Akair Lc Kid Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Akair Lc Kid Strip Of 10 Tablets
- An overdose of Akair Lc Kid Tablet may cause drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache.
- If you think you have given too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed any dose of medicine, give it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not give a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give to my child Akair Lc Kid Tablet during an asthma attack?
Q: Can I stop giving Akair Lc Kid Tablet to my child, if symptoms of allergy go away?
Q: When should I give Akair Lc Kid?
- MONTAIR LC & MONTAIR LC KID DT / Syrup [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 28 April 2022]
- MnTL Tablet [Internet]. Centaurpharma.com. 2022 [cited 28 April 2022]
- Montelukast 10 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 28 April 2022]
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 28 April 2022]
- Levocetirizine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 28 April 2022]