Afinitor 10mg Tablets 30`S
Price to be Updated
Afinitor 10 MG Description
Afinitor Tablet is an anti-cancer medicine. It is used in the treatment of cancers of the breast, kidney, pancreas, etc. It is also used to prevent organ rejection in transplant patients. It contains
everolimus as its main component.
Uses of Afinitor 10 MG
- For the treatment of kidney cancer, pancreatic cancer, breast cancer
- For prevention of organ rejection in transplant patients
Contraindications of Afinitor 10 MG
Side effects of Afinitor 10 MG
- Joint pain
- High blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Afinitor 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver problems
- You have diabetes
- You are scheduled to receive any vaccination
- Your blood cholesterol levels are high
- You recently had a major surgery
- You had or are about to receive radiotherapy
- You have any infection or had hepatitis B
- You experience any unusual side effects
- This medicine should not be used in patients below 18 years old
Mode of Action of Afinitor 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Afinitor 10 MG
- Afinitor Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Afinitor 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Afinitor Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat heart problems, psychiatric illnesses, HIV infection, bacterial or fungal infection, tuberculosis, high blood pressure, fits or are taking painkillers, antibiotics, St. John’s Wort, steroids....
Interactions with food items
- Avoid grapefruit while on treatment.
Storage and disposal of Afinitor 10 MG
- Afinitor Tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Afinitor 10 MG
- If you think you have taken too much of Afinitor Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Afinitor Tablet?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Afinitor 5mg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]
- Afinitor 5mg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 June 2022]