Actemra 200mg Inj
By ROCHE LIMITED
Out of Stock
Actemra injection contains Tocilizumab. It is an immunosuppressive medicine and belongs to a class of monoclonal antibodies. It is used for the treatment of different diseases where the existing therapy does not show sufficient response such as rheumatoid arthritis, polyarticular & systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis in children above 2 years of age. It is also used to reduce the progression of joint damage in combination with methotrexate and for improving symptoms like fatigue and other laboratory findings in Castleman’s disease. You should not take any vaccine while you are on this therapy. Actemra is associated with some serious and fatal infections like pneumonia and blood infection. As it suppresses the immune response, the signs of infection can be masked and which can lead to delayed detection of infection.
Uses of Actemra 200mg Inj
- Actemra is used for the treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis, Polyarticular-course juvenile idiopathic arthritis & Idiopathic juvenile arthritis when existing therapy is not sufficient.
- In combination with Methotrexate, to reduce the rate of progression of joint damage and improve physical function.
- To improve the symptoms like fatigue and other laboratory findings of a rare disease of lymph nodes called Castleman’s disease.
Contraindications of Actemra 200mg Inj
If you are allergic to tocilizumab or any other ingredients of this injection.
Side effects of Actemra 200mg Inj
- Infection of airway and lungs
- Common cold
- High blood pressure
- Shortness of breath
- Eye infection
- Mouth ulcer
- Skin rashes and itching
- Increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Actemra 200mg Inj
Can I take Actemra injection during pregnancy?
Actemra should not be given during pregnancy unless needed due to lack of safety information. Women of childbearing age should use proper contraception during and after 3 months of the treatment.
Can I take Actemra injection while breastfeeding?
It is unknown whether Actemra passes into breast milk or not. Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have taken Actemra injection?
Actemra can give you minor dizziness and drowsiness. Therefore, avoid driving or operating machines if you experience such symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Actemra injection?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Actemra.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any existing infection or you have developed an infection while on treatment, this medicine changes the body's immune response and can cause serious infections, close monitoring is needed.
- You have diabetes, lung problem (interstitial lung disease) or inflammation in the digestive tract (diverticulitis).
- You have a liver disorder and increased laboratory finding of liver enzymes, as this injection is associated with serious liver disorders.
- You have developed an allergic reaction like rash, itching or swelling after the injection.
- Your cholesterol level may go up and blood count can be abnormal, close monitoring is advised.
- You have hepatitis infection or a history of tuberculosis, it should be excluded before starting treatment with Actemra, as it can reactivate tuberculosis.
- Be cautious if you have high blood pressure and high cholesterol and adhere to the standard treatment.
- You should not take live vaccines if you on treatment with Actemra.
Mode of Action of Actemra 200mg Inj
How Does It Work?
Actemra is an immunosuppressive medicine. It works by acting against an inflammatory mediator Interleukin 6 which is produced in a various disease condition.
Directions for Use of Actemra 200mg Inj
- Actemra will be given to you as an injection by a doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic
- Be careful of any instruction given during the administration and aftercare
Interactions of Actemra 200mg Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- If you are taking medicines like Atorvastatin or Simvastatin used for high cholesterol, blood thinners like Warfarin, anti-seizure medicine like Phenytoin, blood pressure medicine like Amlodipine and other medicines like Ciclosporin or Theophylline, be cautious as your doctor may reduce the doses of these medicines.read less
- You should not take any vaccine while on therapy with Actemra.
Dosage of Actemra 200mg Inj
You are less likely to get an overdose of Actemra as it is given to you by a doctor or nurse in a clinic or hospital. Please inform if you feel any discomfort immediately after the administration of this injection.
Missed a Dose
The chances of missing a dose of Actemra is rare as you will be monitored closely by a healthcare professional. In case they happen to miss a dose, please inform them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the side effects of taking Actemra injection?
A: You may experience infections, headache, high blood pressure, cough and infection of airways and lungs. There can be certain side effects which you will not come to know initially because this medicine can suppress the immune response. Discuss with your doctor if you have any underlying infection or any history of hepatitis or tuberculosis.
Q: I have an ulcer problem, can I take this injection?
A: You need to discuss it with your doctor about your condition as there are side effects associated with this medicine which can worsen your condition.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved