Actemra 200mg Vial Of 10ml Solution For Infusion
Actemra 200mg Vial Of 10ml Solution For Infusion Description
Actemra injection contains Tocilizumab. It is an immunosuppressive medicine and belongs to a class of monoclonal antibodies. It is used for the treatment of different diseases where the existing ther
apy does not show sufficient response such as rheumatoid arthritis, polyarticular & systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis in children above 2 years of age. It is also used to reduce the progression of joint damage in combination with methotrexate and for improving symptoms like fatigue and other laboratory findings in Castleman’s disease. You should not take any vaccine while you are on this therapy. Actemra is associated with some serious and fatal infections like pneumonia and blood infection. As it suppresses the immune response, the signs of infection can be masked and which can lead to delayed detection of infection.
|You Save||₹3041.10 (15% on MRP)|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS|
Uses of Actemra 200mg Vial Of 10ml Solution For Infusion
- Actemra is used for the treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis, Polyarticular-course juvenile idiopathic arthritis & Idiopathic juvenile arthritis when existing therapy is not sufficient.
- In combination with Methotrexate, to reduce the rate of progression of joint damage and improve physical function.
- To improve the symptoms like fatigue and other laboratory findings of a rare disease of lymph nodes called Castleman’s disease.
Contraindications of Actemra 200mg Vial Of 10ml Solution For Infusion
Side effects of Actemra 200mg Vial Of 10ml Solution For Infusion
- Infection of airway and lungs
- Common cold
- High blood pressure
- Shortness of breath
- Eye infection
- Mouth ulcer
- Skin rashes and itching
- Increased liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Actemra 200mg Vial Of 10ml Solution For Infusion
Other General Warnings
- You have any existing infection or you have developed an infection while on treatment, this medicine changes the body's immune response and can cause serious infections, close monitoring is needed.
- You have diabetes, lung problem (interstitial lung disease) or inflammation in the digestive tract (diverticulitis).
- You have a liver disorder and increased laboratory finding of liver enzymes, as this injection is associated with serious liver disorders.
- You have developed an allergic reaction like rash, itching or swelling after the injection.
- Your cholesterol level may go up and blood count can be abnormal, close monitoring is advised.
- You have hepatitis infection or a history of tuberculosis, it should be excluded before starting treatment with Actemra, as it can reactivate tuberculosis.
- Be cautious if you have high blood pressure and high cholesterol and adhere to the standard treatment.
- You should not take live vaccines if you on treatment with Actemra.
Mode of Action of Actemra 200mg Vial Of 10ml Solution For Infusion
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Actemra 200mg Vial Of 10ml Solution For Infusion
- Actemra will be given to you as an injection by a doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic
- Be careful of any instruction given during the administration and aftercare
Interactions of Actemra 200mg Vial Of 10ml Solution For Infusion
Interactions with other medicines
- If you are taking medicines like Atorvastatin or Simvastatin used for high cholesterol, blood thinners like Warfarin, anti-seizure medicine like Phenytoin, blood pressure medicine like Amlodipine and other medicines like Ciclosporin or Theophylline, be cautious as your doctor may reduce the doses of these medicines....
- You should not take any vaccine while on therapy with Actemra.