Acidosh 20mg Tablets
By OSHO PHARMA PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Acidosh 20 MG Description
Acidosh Tablet contains famotidine an antacid medicine. It works by blocking the secretion of excess gastric acid thereby reducing the amount of acid in the stomach. Acidosh Tablet is used to treat p
eptic ulcers, heartburn, and abnormal acid production in the stomach. This medicine can be taken with or without food. One should not break, crush or chew the medicine.
|You Save||₹0.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Acidity, heartburn, GERD|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, constipation, diarrhoea, irregular heart rhythm|
Check more medicines with composition as Famotidine(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Acidosh 20 MG
For the treatment of peptic ulcers in the stomach and intestine and to treat abnormal acid production in the stomach
Contraindications of Acidosh 20 MG
If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
Side effects of Acidosh 20 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Acidosh 20 MG
Can I take Acidosh Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Acidosh Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is safe to use this medicine if you breastfeed. It does not cause any harm to the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Acidosh Tablet?
This medicine may cause dizziness, or drowsiness, headache, or confusion. If you feel such symptoms, then do not drive or operate machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Acidosh Tablet?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. It is recommended to consult your doctor for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly person with kidney problems, may experience symptoms like confusion, hallucinations, fits or altered mental state, laziness, etc.
- You have a kidney problem, the doctor may adjust the dose accordingly.
- You may develop a risk of stomach cancer.
Mode of Action of Acidosh 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Acidosh Tablet acts by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach. The stomach produces acid to digest food. Excess production of acid can lead to acidity, heartburn, and ulcers. Acidosh Tablet works by blocking the secretion of gastric acid and thereby reduces the amount of acid present in the stomach. This helps in the relief of acid concerning indigestion and heartburn....
Directions for Use of Acidosh 20 MG
- Take Acidosh Tablet orally as instructed by your doctor. It can be taken with or without food.
- You should take this medicine regularly at a fixed time and as directed by your doctor. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Acidosh 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Acidosh Tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription), and herbal preparations....
- Medicines that can affect the absorption of this medicine are Fosamprenavir, Atazanavir and Rilpivirine used to treat HIV, Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir to treat Hepatitis C, Erlotinib, Nilotinib, Dasatinib to treat cancer....
- If Tizanidine is used along with Acidosh Tablet, can cause a drop in blood pressure, low heartbeat, or drowsiness.
- Other medicines are Delavirdine mesylate to treat HIV, Cefditoren (antibiotic) and Antibiotics like Itraconazole or Ketoconazole should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Acidosh 20 MG
- Store Famtac tablets below 25°C
- Keep it in the original container, out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Acidosh 20 MG
Symptoms of overdose are usually the same as adverse effects like constipation, diarrhoea, headache, dizziness, etc. If you think you have taken too much of Famtac 40 medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Famtac, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is acid reflux?
A: There is a valve-like structure called the sphincter between the food pipe and stomach. This valve prevents the acid and the food in your stomach from coming back into the food pipe. When this valve is weak or damaged, acid starts entering the stomach causing, heartburn, difficulty in swallowing, food regurgitation.
Q: Can I reduce my acidity problem by changing my lifestyle habits?
A: Yes, there are certain lifestyle changes that can help you to reduce acidity problems such as maintaining a healthy weight, avoid lying down immediately after meals and sitting for long hours, doing regular exercise, taking proper sleep, avoid staying up late at night, eating smaller meals, reduce smoking if you have a smoking habit as smoking can induce stomach ulcer, avoid sugary and processed food, meat, sodas, alcohol and fried food, etc.
Q: What is Acidosh Tablet used for??
A: Famtac 40 tablet is an antacid medicine, used to treat excess acid production, heartburn, and stomach ulcers.
Q: When to take Famtac 40 tablet before or after food?
A: Famtac 40 tablet can be taken with or without food.
Q: Are Famtac and Rantac the same?
A: Both the medicines are antacids. However, both have different ingredients. Rantac contains ranitidine, while Famtac contains famotidine.
Q: When should I take the Acidosh Tablet?
A: Take it exactly as told by your treating doctor. It should preferably be taken after having your meal.
Q: What is the dose of Famtac 40?
A: The dose and frequency of Famtac 40 vary among individuals depending on the condition it is being taken for. You should not consume more than the recommended daily dose by the doctor.
Q: What are the side effects of Famtac 40?
A: Headache, dizziness, constipation, diarrhoea are a few side effects that can be seen during the treatment with Famtac 40. However, these symptoms are usually mild and resolve on your own. Also, it is not important that everyone experience the same.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed