Acep Dt 200mg Tablets
Acep Dt 200mg Tablets Description
Acep Dt 200mg Tab is used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, bronchitis and other infections of the skin, nose, throat, urinary tract, etc. It is an antibiotic medicine con
taining cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. It works by killing the bacteria, improving your condition and curing the infection. Acep Dt 200mg Tab should be taken as directed by the doctor and in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken with food to avoid stomach discomfort. Before using Acep Dt 200mg Tab , inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
- Clavcep 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 172.00₹ 89.4549.38% CHEAPER₹ 8.95/Tablet
- Agripod 200mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Agresco Pharma Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 159.90₹ 135.9123.13% CHEAPER₹ 13.59/Tablet
- Xofex 200 Mg Tablet 10By Khandelwal Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 106.94₹ 90.9048.59% CHEAPER₹ 9.09/Tablet
- Xpod 200mg TabletBy Leolife Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 175.00₹ 148.7515.84% CHEAPER₹ 14.88/Tablet
Uses of Acep Dt 200mg Tablets
- Acep Dt 200mg Tab is used to treat bacterial infections like respiratory tract infections (bronchitis, pneumonia), skin infections, ear infections, infection of the sinuses, throat Infections, infection of the tonsils....
- It is also used to treat infection of the urinary tract, gonorrhoea (a sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs) and other infection of genital organs in male and female.
Contraindications of Acep Dt 200mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to Cefpodoxime or any other ingredients of Acep Dt 200mg Tab .
- If you have a history of a severe allergic reaction to Penicillin or other Beta-Lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Acep Dt 200mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Acep Dt 200mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking Acep Dt 200mg Tab .
- You have any problems with your kidney.
- You have a history of stomach and intestine disease.
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea.
- You have had an allergy to medicines called Cephalosporins or Penicillins.
- You are using any Beta-lactam antibacterial medicines.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment.
Mode of Action of Acep Dt 200mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Acep Dt 200mg Tablets
Interactions of Acep Dt 200mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Acep Dt 200mg Tab works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Medicines used to treat acidity like Cimetidine, Ranitidine, medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid), medicines used to thin your blood (oral anticoagulants) should be used with caution along with Acep Dt 200mg Tab ....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Acep Dt 200mg Tablets
- Store Acep Dt 200mg Tab in a cool and dry place, protect it from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Acep Dt 200mg Tablets
- Symptoms of an overdose include stomach pain, diarrhoea, headache, nausea and vomiting.
- If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Acep Dt 200mg Tab , contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Acep Dt 200mg Tab be taken for flu and running nose?
- No, you should not take Acep Dt 200mg Tab without consulting the doctor.
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential.
- This medication is not for viral infections and generally, flu occurs due to viruses.
Q: Can I stop taking Acep Dt 200mg Tab before the prescribed duration?
Q: What is Acep Dt 200mg Tab ?
- CEFOPROX Tablets/DT/Powder for Oral Suspension (Cefpodoxime proxetil) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Ba. Cefpodoxime Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Vantin Tablets and Oral Suspension cefpodoxime proxetil tablets and cefpodoxime proxetil for oral suspension, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]
- Cefdox [Internet]. Aci-bd.com. 2021 [cited 13 May 2021]