Ab Phylline Sr 200mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
AB Phylline SR 200 tablet is used for breathing difficulty associated with lung-related disorders like asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). AB Phylline SR 200 tablet contains acebr
ophylline as its active ingredient. This medicine promotes muscles relaxation around the airway and inhibits mucous secretion, thus clearing the airway and also eases breathing. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor at the exact dose and duration. You can take the AB Phylline tablets with or without food. This medicine should not be used during an acute asthma attack. Inform your doctor about all your medical and medication history as well as any supplements you are currently taking....
Uses of Ab Phylline Sr 200mg Tablet
AB Phylline SR 200 tablet is used to treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and bronchial asthma in adults.
Contraindications of Ab Phylline Sr 200mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to ambroxol, acebrophylline, theophylline or any other ingredients of AB Phylline SR 200 tablet
- If you have any heart disease such as low blood pressure, unstable blood pressure or abnormal heart rate
- If you have kidney or liver disease
Side effects of Ab Phylline Sr 200mg Tablet
- Abdominal discomfort
- Loss of appetite
- Swelling in the nose
- Difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Ab Phylline Sr 200mg Tablet
Can I take AB Phylline SR 200 tablet during pregnancy?
AB Phylline SR 200 tablet is not recommended during pregnancy. If you conceive while taking this medicine, reach out to your doctor immediately.
Can I take AB Phylline SR 200 tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the safety of AB Phylline SR 200 tablet in breastfeeding mothers. Hence, avoid this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed AB Phylline SR 200 tablet?
AB Phylline SR 200 tablet may cause dizziness and drowsiness as side effects. Be cautious if you experience these side effects.
Can I consume alcohol with AB Phylline SR 200 tablet?
Avoid alcohol while consuming AB Phylline SR 200 tablet as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have heart diseases such as hypertension, chronic heart failure, or irregular heartbeat; caution is needed.
- You have a stomach ulcer, thyroid, liver or kidney diseases.
- You have any viral infections.
- You have a history of fits.
- You have an alcohol addiction, careful monitoring is required in such patients.
- You develop a fever with chills, immediately stop this medicine and seek medical help.
Mode of Action of Ab Phylline Sr 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Acebrophylline causes relaxation of muscles around the airway and inhibits the mucous secretion. Acebrophylline inhibits certain enzymes responsible for the production of chemicals that cause swelling
. This results in a decrease of swelling responsible for airway obstruction....
Directions for Use of Ab Phylline Sr 200mg Tablet
- Take AB Phylline SR 200 tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water, with or without food
- You should take this medicine regularly as directed by your doctor
- You should not consume it more than the prescribed quantity
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own
Interactions of Ab Phylline Sr 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way AB Phylline SR 200 tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....Read more
- This medicine, when used with medicines like albuterol, metaproterenol, pirbuterol, terbutaline, steroids, and water pills, can decrease the potassium levels in the blood. You may require serum potassium monitoring....Read more
Storage and disposal of Ab Phylline Sr 200mg Tablet
- Store below 25°temprature in a clean & dry place, guarded against moisture, direct sunlight, and heat.
- Keep AB Phylline SR 200 tablet away from children and pets.
- You should not flush this medicine in the toilet or pour into the drain.
Dosage of Ab Phylline Sr 200mg Tablet
Overdose of AB Phylline SR 200 tablet may cause nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, blood in the vomit, restlessness, increased limb movements, seizures, and increased heart rate. In case of an overdose
, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double
dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one. Do not stop taking AB Phylline SR 200 tablet without consulting your doctor....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking AB Phylline SR 200 tablet suddenly?
A: No, you should not stop taking AB Phylline SR 200 suddenly. Stopping this medicine abruptly may worsen your asthma symptoms. If feel your symptoms worsens or dose not improve, consult your doctor for re-evaluation. But do not stop taking this medicine without informing your doctor.
Q: How long do I have to take AB Phylline SR 200 tablet?
A: Duration of this medicine depends on the underlying disease and the cause of illness.
Q: Is AB Phylline SR 200 tablet an antibiotic?
A: No. AB Phylline SR 200 tablet is not an antibiotic.
Q: Is Theophylline present in tea?
A: Theophylline is present in black tea and green coffee.
Q: Can I exercise for my lungs?
A: Aerobic exercise helps to improve your heart and lungs functioning. It boosts your body to use oxygen efficiently and with time can improve your breathing.
Q: Can asthma be cured permanently?
A: Asthma is an eminently controllable illness. It never entirely goes away. It can be controlled by lifestyle modifications such as avoiding the allergens, taking medications regularly, etc.
Q: Can yoga cure asthma?
A: Yoga can help people control breathing and reduce stress, which is a common asthma trigger. However, if it can cure asthma or not is not known.
Q: What causes asthma?
- Exposure to various irritants and substances that trigger allergies can cause asthma.
- They vary from person to person and can include airborne substances such as pollen, dust mites, mould spores, pet dander or particles of cockroach waste.
- These allergens then cause the airways to become hypersensitive and contract, this makes breathing difficult as oxygen entry is restricted due to narrowing of airways.
Q: Is AB Phylline SR 200 a steroid?
A: No, AB Phylline SR 200 tablet is not a steroid medicine.
Last Updated on: 29 Jul 2021 | 07:04 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved