Clobetasol+Salicylic acid is a combination medicine. It is used in the treatmen
t of skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and other dry, scaly conditions of the skin. Clobetasol+Salicylic acid is available in the form of cream, lotion, ointment, skin solution, soap. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting clobetasol+salicylic acid.
Uses of Salicylic Acid+Clobetasol
Contraindications of Salicylic Acid+Clobetasol
When should one not use Salicylic Acid+Clobetasol
- If you are allergic to clobetasol, salicylic acid or similar medicines
- If you have acne or a skin condition affecting the face (rosacea)
- If you have a skin infection around your mouth
- If you have itchy skin without any scaling of the skin
- If you have itching around your private parts
- If you are using Clobetasol+Salicylic acid to treat skin ulcers
- If you have a fungal or bacterial infection of the skin
- If you have chickenpox, herpes infection or any viral infection of the skin
Side effects of Salicylic Acid+Clobetasol
Common side effects of this drug are:
Precautions and Warnings of Salicylic Acid+Clobetasol
Other General Warnings
- You develop any allergic reactions or infections after using clobetasol+salicylic acid
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You suffer from any skin infection
- You have problems with your vision after using this medicine
- Do not use clobetasol+salicylic acid for a prolonged duration
Mode of Action of Salicylic Acid+Clobetasol
How Does It Work?
- Clobetasol works by blocking the production of certain chemical substances in the body that cause itching, swelling and redness.
- Salicylic acid works by removing and shedding dead cells from the top layer of skin by increasing skin moisture resulting in a decrease in scaling and dryness.
Interactions of Salicylic Acid+Clobetasol
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way clobetasol+salicylic acid works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, herbals you are currently taking or might take or are using other topically applied creams, lotion and gel to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medicines like ritonavir (used in HIV infection) and itraconazole (used to treat fungal infections) should be used with caution along with clobetasol+salicylic acid.
Dosage of Salicylic Acid+Clobetasol
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is there a steroid in clobetasol+salicylic acid?
Q: In which all dosage forms is clobetasol+salicylic acid available?
- Salicylic Acid Ointment BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 October 2021]
- Salicylic Acid Ointment BP - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 October 2021]
- Dermovate Cream - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 October 2021]
- Dermovate Cream - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 October 2021]