Rosuvastatin+Clopidogrel+Aspirin / Acetyl Salicylic Acid
Rosuvastatin+Clopidogrel+Aspirin is a combination medicine. It is used to lower
the lipid or cholesterol in the blood & blockage of blood vessels supplying blood to the heart, brain and other parts of the body. It is used in patients at risk of having heart attacks, ischaemic stroke (decrease blood supply to the brain) or peripheral heart diseases (decrease blood supply to other parts of the body other than heart and brain). This medicine works by prevention of formation of abnormal lipids in the blood. It also works by inhibiting platelet aggregation in blood. Rosuvastatin+Clopidogrel+Aspirin is available in the form of a tablet, capsule. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Rosuvastatin+Clopidogrel+Aspirin / Acetyl Salicylic Acid
- Rosuvastatin+Clopidogrel+Aspirin is used to reduce the risk of blood clot formation thus preventing heart attack, stroke, severe chest pain.
- This medicine is also used to lower the lipid or cholesterol in the blood when a low-fat diet and lifestyle changes did not work.
Contraindications of Rosuvastatin+Clopidogrel+Aspirin / Acetyl Salicylic Acid
When should one not use Rosuvastatin+Clopidogrel+Aspirin / Acetyl Salicylic Acid
- If you are allergic to rosuvastatin, aspirin, clopidogrel or similar medicines
- If you are suffering from any liver or kidney problems
- If you have a bleeding disorder such as haemophilia (a hereditary disease in which blood does not clot properly) or thrombocytopenia (decrease platelet count)
- If you have breathing difficulty after taking this medicine
- If you have an ulcer or bleeding from the stomach, bowel or from any other part of the body
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have myopathy (muscle disease)
- If you are taking this medicine together with cyclosporine medicine
- If you are taking methotrexate medicine at a dosage of more than 15mg in a week
Side effects of Rosuvastatin+Clopidogrel+Aspirin / Acetyl Salicylic Acid
Common side effects of this drug are:
- Stomach pain
- Muscle or joint pain
- Increase bleeding tendency
Precautions and Warnings of Rosuvastatin+Clopidogrel+Aspirin / Acetyl Salicylic Acid
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your heart, stomach, intestines, liver or kidney
- You have diabetes, high blood pressure or gout
- You have a stroke or risk of bleeding or are having heavy menstrual periods
- You have a history of muscle problems or had any problems during treatment with other lipid-lowering medicines
- You have severe asthma
- You have an under-active thyroid gland
- You have taken fusidic acid used to treat a bacterial infection
- You experience jaundice, fever, bruising, confusion, tiredness
- You are above 60 years of age
- You have a planned surgery
- You consume alcohol in excess
- Rosuvastatin+Clopidogrel+Aspirin should not be given to children below 16 years
Mode of Action of Rosuvastatin+Clopidogrel+Aspirin / Acetyl Salicylic Acid
How Does It Work?
- Rosuvastatin works by lowering bad cholesterol and triglycerides and increasing good cholesterol, thus reducing the risk of heart diseases, and preventing strokes and heart attacks.
- Aspirin (also called acetylsalicylic acid) and clopidogrel work by preventing platelets from sticking together and thus inhibiting blood clot formation. It helps in keeping blood flowing smoothly in your body....
Interactions of Rosuvastatin+Clopidogrel+Aspirin / Acetyl Salicylic Acid
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way rosuvastatin+clopidogrel+aspirin works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines used to treat psychiatric illness, diabetes, are taking painkillers, fusidic acid, abciximab, eptifibatide, propranolol, metamizole, lithium, digoxin.
- Methotrexate used to treat cancer or other diseases, should not be used along with this medicine as it may be harmful.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with medicines like ciclosporin, clarithromycin, ketoconazole, ritonavir, indinavir should be avoided if possible as it may alter the effects.
- Concomitant use of this medicine is not recommended along with omeprazole, esomeprazole used to treat heartburn or probenecid used to treat gout.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with prednisone, cortisone used to treat respiratory diseases like asthma, COPD can cause stomach ulcers and bleed
- Concomitant use of along with anticoagulants like warfarin, heparin is not recommended as it can increase the risk of bleeding and thus should be used cautiously.
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is rosuvastatin+clopidogrel+aspirin used for?
- Rosuvastatin+Clopidogrel+Aspirin is used to lower the lipid or cholesterol in the blood when a low-fat diet and lifestyle changes did not work.
- This medicine is also used to reduce the risk of blood clot formation thus preventing heart attack, stroke, severe chest pain.