Romsons Nel Catheter Size Fg14 Gs1004
The Romsons Nel Catheter in the size FG14 is a urethral catheter from the house of Romsons Scientific and Surgical Private Limited. It is specially designed for short-term bladder catheterisation via the urethra. It is generally used in hospital settings and it is a straight tube-like catheter with one hole at the side of the tip and a connector at the other end for drainage. The catheter is usually rigid or stiff to support easy insertion into the urethra. Short-term catheters are inserted several times a day, for just long enough to drain your bladder and then removed. Made of high-quality medical-grade PVC, this catheter is also compatible with catheter lubricants. It is meant for one-time use and is suitable only for intermittent catheterisation. The Romsons Nel Catheter in the size FG14 has a size of 14cm and comes in a sterile set-up, making it ready for use.
- Intermittent Catheterisation - The Romsons Nel Catheter in the size FG14 is a short-term urethral catheter that is intended for intermittent catheterisation.
- Medical Grade PVC - It is composed of Medical Grade PVC, which is also compatible with catheter lubricants, thereby facilitating comfortable entry into the urethra.
- Frozen Surface Tubing - It supports super smooth catheterisation.
- Coned Distal End - The specially designed coned distal end ensures atraumatic catheterisation.
- Two Lateral Eyes - These support efficient drainage.
- Radio-opaque Line - A Radio-opaque line is provided throughout the length of the catheter to allow X-Ray visualisation.
- Universal Funnel-Shaped Connector - It facilitates easy connection to the urine bag.
- Colour-Coded Funnel Connector - It allows easy identification of the size of the catheter.
- The catheter is Sterile and Ready To Use.
Medical Grade PVC.
The Romsons Nel Catheter in the size FG14 is a short-term catheter used for Intermittent Catheterisation in the following circumstances:
- During surgical procedures and post-operative care.
- For accurate monitoring of urine output in acute illness.
- For installation of medication directly into the bladder.
- For providing relief from acute or chronic urinary retention.
How to Use
The catheter is to be inserted by a trained healthcare professional or you may be taught how to do so under the guidance of your doctor.
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Appropriate catheter lubricant needs to be used to prevent urethral trauma or infection.
- Keep the meatus clean and sterile.
- Healthcare workers must decontaminate their hands and wear a new pair of clean, non-sterile gloves before manipulating a person's catheter and must decontaminate their hands after removing gloves.
- The catheter is meant for single use only.
Q1: Can I reuse the same catheter more than once?
Ans: No, the Romsons Nel Catheter is a short-term urethral catheter and is meant for single use only. It must be discarded with proper precautions and should not be reused.
Q2: How often should the catheter be changed?
Ans: You may be advised to use the short-term catheters at regular intervals spaced evenly throughout the day or only when you feel you need the toilet.
Q3: Is a short-term catheter safe to use?
Ans: Using an intermittent catheter is easy, effective and safe. This is more beneficial than using a prolonged, continuously draining catheter because it has less risk for distended bladders or infection. It also allows you to maintain a normal, active lifestyle.