Zytee L Tube Of 10ml Mouth Gel
By RAPTAKOS BRETT & CO LTD
10ml Mouth Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zytee L gel is a topical gel used to provide temporary relief from pain and discomfort due to mouth ulcers, dentures or dental attachments like dental braces. It is a combination of two active ingredients, Choline salicylate and Lidocaine (also called lignocaine). It is meant for topical application and should not be swallowed. Use this medicine exactly as told by your doctor. You may rarely experience side effects like application site swelling or itching while on treatment with Zytee-L gel. If you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, herbs and supplements your take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine....
|You Save||₹20.52 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Choline Salicylate(9.0 %W/V),Lignocaine Hydrochloride(2.0 %W/V),Benzalkonium Chloride(0.02 %W/V)|
|Side effects||Burning, redness, itching|
Check more medicines with composition as Choline Salicylate(9.0 %W/V) + Lignocaine Hydrochloride(2.0 %W/V) + Benzalkonium Chloride(0.02 %W/V)
Uses of Zytee L Tube Of 10ml Mouth Gel
Zytee L gel is used to provide temporary relief of pain and discomfort associated with mouth ulcers or injury due to any dental attachments.
Contraindications of Zytee L Tube Of 10ml Mouth Gel
- If you are allergic to Lidocaine or Choline Salicylate or any other ingredients of Zytee L gel.
- If you have stomach ulcers or ulcers in any part of your gut.
- If you have asthma or any respiratory disorders.
- It should not be used in children and adolescents under the age of 16.
Side effects of Zytee L Tube Of 10ml Mouth Gel
Application site burning, redness and itching.
Precautions and Warnings of Zytee L Tube Of 10ml Mouth Gel
Can I apply Zytee L gel during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of Zytee-L gel during human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I apply Zytee L gel while breastfeeding?
Zytee L gel passes into human milk. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have applied Zytee L gel?
It is to be applied topically and it is less likely to affect your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Zytee L gel?
Alcohol should be avoided if there are any mouth ulcers or inflammation in the mouth as it can make the ulcer more painful. Alcohol consumption may alter the effect of Zytee-L gel as well.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking aspirin or other salicylate-containing medicines as this gel already contains salicylate.
- You have a fever, headache, nausea, vomiting and sore throat after treatment with this medicine.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are on any medical treatment.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose and do not swallow it.
- Zytee gel can cause numbness of the tongue. Hence, care should be taken while eating or drinking hot foods.
Mode of Action of Zytee L Tube Of 10ml Mouth Gel
How Does It Work?
- Choline salicylate is an anti-inflammatory medicine and works by inhibiting the chemical substances which are responsible for pain and inflammation.
- Lidocaine is a local anaesthetic it numbs the area where it is applied. It works by stopping nerves from sending pain signals to your brain.
Directions for Use of Zytee L Tube Of 10ml Mouth Gel
- Use Zytee L gel as directed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine.
- Apply the gel and gently rub it on to the affected areas.
- You should not eat or drink anything for 30 minutes after applying this medicine.
- It is strictly for local (topical) application only and should not be swallowed.
Interactions of Zytee L Tube Of 10ml Mouth Gel
Interactions with other medicines
- It is less likely that Zytee L gel may interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
- Zytee L gel may interfere with thinning blood medicines (Warfarin, Heparin, etc.) and medicines that are used to treat gout or a type of arthritis due to uric acid deposits in joints (colchicine, etc.)....
Storage and disposal of Zytee L Tube Of 10ml Mouth Gel
Store Zytee L gel below 30°C in a clean and dry place. Keep the medicine away from children and pets. Do not use this gel after the expiry date has passed.
Dosage of Zytee L Tube Of 10ml Mouth Gel
The excess of this medicine will lead to salicylate toxicity, symptoms of which may include dizziness, ringing in the ears and deafness. If you experience any of the symptoms or if you have swallowed this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose of Zytee L gel may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you have missed an application, apply it as soon as possible. Do not overapply this medicine to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Zytee L gel in elderly people?
A: Yes, Zytee L gel can be used in elderly patients only after consulting the doctor.
Q: I am a diabetic patient. Can I use Zytee-L gel tube?
A: Yes, this medicine can be used in a diabetic patient but with a lot of precaution. It is mandatory to consult and inform the doctor.
Q: What is the use of Zytee-L gel?
A: Zytee-L gel is used to provide short-term relief from pain and discomfort due to mouth ulcers, dentures or dental attachments like dental braces.
Q: Can we apply Zytee L gel on babies gums?
A: No, Zytee-L gel is not recommended for use in children.
Q: Can we swallow Zytee L gel?
A: No, you should not swallow Zytee L gel. In case of accidental ingestion, contact your doctor or visit a nearby hospital immediately. Rinse your mouth immediately in case of accidental swallowing.
Q: Can I consume food after applying Zytee L gel?
A: You should avoid the immediate consumption of food and fluids after the application of this gel.
Q: Is Zytee safe to swallow?
A: It is strictly for local (topical) application only and should not be swallowed. If you think you have swallowed it and experienced any unusual symptoms, inform the doctor.
Q: For how long I can use Zytee gel?
A: You should use Zytee L for as long as advised by your doctor. However, if your pain does not improve after using this medication for 7-14 days, or if your symptoms get worse, inform your doctor.
Q: Zytee L gel vs Zytee RB, are they the same?
A: Zytee L gel is a combination of two active ingredients, Choline salicylate and Lidocaine (also called lignocaine). It is meant for topical application and should not be swallowed. Zytee RB is a combination of Choline salicylate and benzalkonium chloride and used for mouth ulcers. Based on the cause and severity of your condition your doctor
- Bonjela Cool Mint Gel - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 5 April 2022]
- Lidocaine treatments for mouth ulcers, sore throats and teething [Internet]. nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 5 April 2022]
- Xylocaine® 2% Jelly [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 5 April 2022]
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.