Zyrotram P Rapid Tablets
Zyrotram P Rapid Tablets Description
Zyrotram P tablets are used in the short-term management of pain and fever, which includes managing moderate to severe pain in acute or chronic cases. The active ingredients in Zyrotram P tablets are
Paracetamol and Tramadol. Paracetamol belongs to the category of medications that reduces fever and inflammation (redness, swelling, etc.), and Tramadol is a pain-relieving medicine. Pain occurs when certain chemical substances in the body are released due to an injury. The mode of action of Zyrotram P tablets is by blocking these chemical messengers in the brain, so they do not send signals to the affected body part alerting it of an injury. Directions for use of Zyrotram P tablets should be strictly followed. Ideally, this medicine should not be taken for more than five days at a stretch because long-term use can cause withdrawal issues. Persons with kidney or liver issues should inform the doctor of their health status at the time of prescription of Zyrotram P tablets. A few side effects of Zyrotram P tablets have been noted; however, it is rare to have an allergic reaction to this medication.
|You Save||₹14.97 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Tramadol(37.5 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Moderate to severe pain|
|Side effects||Nausea, Vomiting, Drowsiness, Dizziness, Constipation, Headache, Stomach pain, Shortness of breath|
|Therapy||ANALGESIC FOR SEVERE PAIN|
Uses of Zyrotram P Rapid Tablets
- As per CDSCO, Zyrotram P tablets are used to:
- Manage acute pain in adults for the short term (about five days)
- Manage moderate to severe pain in chronic conditions
Contraindications of Zyrotram P Rapid Tablets
- Do not take Zyrotram P tablets or use caution:
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or tramadol
- If you have been diagnosed with liver failure or other conditions that affect the functioning of the liver
- If you have respiratory depression (slow and steady decline of breathing)
- If you have been diagnosed with severe kidney-related disorders
- If you have respiratory issues like asthma
- If you have stomach bleeding or perforation; Zyrotram P tablets can increase bleeding
- If your body has been in shock with not enough blood to pump to all parts
- If you are a child or adolescent under 17; Tramadol, an opioid pain reliever, is contraindicated in children
Side effects of Zyrotram P Rapid Tablets
- Side effects of Zyrotram P tablets include:
- Abdominal pain
- Stomach pain
- Shortness of breath
Precautions and Warnings of Zyrotram P Rapid Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You have a seizure disorder.
- You have been diagnosed with active liver inflammation like Hepatitis C infection.
- You consume alcohol every day.
- You suffer from malnutrition; use caution if taking this medicine.
- You are vomiting for any reason; use caution if taking this medicine.
- You are an older adult over 65; the dose of this medicine should be carefully monitored to prevent serious side effects.
- You have kidney disease.
- You have a heart condition.
- You have a surgical or dental procedure planned.
- You consume any Ayurvedic or herbal medicines or supplements; talk to your doctor so they check for potential interactions.
Mode of Action of Zyrotram P Rapid Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zyrotram P Rapid Tablets
- Take Zyrotram P tablets exactly as advised by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the dose, even if you cannot notice the effects of this medicine.
- Take Zyrotram P tablets as a whole with a glass of water; do not break or chew this tablet.
- Take this medication on time.
- This medicine should be taken with food to prevent stomach problems.
- Check the expiration date before using it.
- Do not consume this medicine if its packaging is broken.
Interactions of Zyrotram P Rapid Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take Zyrotram P tablets with other pain medications, whether similar or different components. This can cause serious adverse effects like drowsiness, respiratory depression, etc. It can also damage the liver....
- Do not take Zyrotram P tablets with certain antidepressants like monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) like linezolid, naltrexone, methylene blue, etc. This can lead to exaggerated side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, tremors, lethargy, vomiting, etc....
- Try not to take Zyrotram P tablets with other medicines like sleeping pills (zolpidem), muscle relaxants, cold medicine, antihistamines (cetirizine and diphenhydramine), etc. All these can increase drowsiness in the user....
Storage and disposal of Zyrotram P Rapid Tablets
Dosage of Zyrotram P Rapid Tablets
Missed a Dose
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Zyrotram P tablets if my pain subsides?
Q: Can I take Zyrotram P tablets with cold or allergy medicine?
Q: Can I use Zyrotram P tablets with other pain relievers if I am still in pain?
- Dhillon S. Tramadol/Paracetamol Fixed-Dose Combination: A Review of Its Use in the Management of Moderate to Severe Pain [Internet]. Clinical Drug Investigation. U.S. National Library of Medicine [cited 11 Mar 2022]
- Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. Use of Codeine and Tramadol Products in Breastfeeding Women: Q&A [Internet]. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. FDA [cited 11 Mar 2022]
- Tramadol/Paracetamol 37.5mg/325mg tablets [Internet]. Tramadol/Paracetamol 37.5mg/325mg Tablets: Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [cited 11 Mar 2022]
- New Drugs Approved by CDSCO [Internet]. cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 Mar 2022]