By EMBIOTIC LABORATORIES PVT LTD
15ml Oral Liquid in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zybron Oral Liquid is a combination of Ambroxol, guaiphenesin and terbutaline, as its active ingredients. It is used to treat cough associated with infections in the airways, asthma, shortness of breath and lung infections. This medicine helps in the expulsion of mucous and reduces cough and breathlessness. This medicine should be used cautiously if you have liver or kidney-related problems. Also, discuss if you have any other underlying medical conditions before starting the treatment. It is advisable to consult a physician before giving this medicine to children below 6 years. Zybron Oral Liquid should not be given with any other cough or cold medicines. And if you do not feel any relief and persistent cough along with fever and feel other additional symptoms, stop using it and consult a physician....
|You Save||₹9.90 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Terbutaline(0.25 Mg/Ml),Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(12.5 Mg/Ml),Ambroxol(7.5 Mg/Ml)|
|Uses||Wet cough associated with asthma and chronic bronchitis|
|Side effects||Headache, shivering, muscle spasm, irregular heartbeat|
|Classification||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Check more medicines with composition as Terbutaline(0.25 Mg/Ml) + Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(12.5 Mg/Ml) + Ambroxol(7.5 Mg/Ml)
Uses of Zybron Drops
To relieve symptoms of acute asthma attacks and airways blockage in the case of lung infection.
Contraindications of Zybron Drops
- If you are allergic to ambroxol, guaiphenesin, terbutaline, or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are suffering from gastric ulcers.
- If you have any heart conditions or prone to heart disorders.
Side effects of Zybron Drops
- Muscle spasm
- Irregular heartbeats
- Low potassium level
Precautions and Warnings of Zybron Drops
Can I take Zybron Oral Liquid during pregnancy?
It is not safe to use this medicine during pregnancy. Hence, it is recommendedto avoid this medicine during pregnancy and use this only if it is prescribed by the doctor.
Can I take Zybron Oral Liquid while breastfeeding?
Zybron Oral Liquid is secreted into the breastmilk and may cause unwanted effects in the newborn baby. Hence, it is recommneded to avoid this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zybron Oral Liquid?
It has no effect on driving ability. However, if you experience any side effects be cautious while driving or operating machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Zybron Oral Liquid?
No information is available on the interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- You have any underlying medical condition like high blood pressure, diabetes, fits, thyroid or other heart diseases.
- You may experience a sudden drop of potassium level in your blood on concomitant treatment. In such situations, a doctor may recommend monitoring potassium serum level closely and ask for specific blood tests....
- You are suffering from liver or kidney problems.
- You don't feel any relief in symptoms and your cough lasts for more than 5 days, consult a doctor immediately.
- You are suffering from high pressure inside the eyes (glaucoma) or having any kind of allergies.
Mode of Action of Zybron Drops
How Does It Work?
Ambroxol acts as a mucolytic agent. It works by loosening/thinning up the mucous in the respiratory passages and makes the mucous less sticky. Thereby helps in removing the cough out. Terbutaline has bronchodilator properties. It relaxes the muscles of the airways and inhibits the release of inflammation-causing chemical substances. Thereby, it improves airflow to the lungs and helps make breathing easier. Guaifenesin is an expectorant; it helps thin the mucous in the airways and makes it easier to cough out and clear the airways. Zybron Oral Liquid works by the combined action of its three components and helps in easing the symptoms of bronchospasm (spasm or constriction in the airways)....
Directions for Use of Zybron Drops
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Carefully measure the dose using a measuring cup or spoon.
- Do not consume this medicine directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Zybron Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- As Zybron Oral Liquid contains different components, any interactions seen with them when taken alone may happen with this combination. Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible drug interactions....
- Especially, if you are already taking other cough medicines.
- Concomitant use of Zybron Oral Liquid and medicines used to treat high blood pressure like propranolol should be avoided as it may affect the activity of this medicine.
- This medicine should be used with caution if you are already taking medicines to treat heart problem and blood pressure-related problems.
- Antipsychotic medicines like phenelzine, selegiline can increase the effect of Zybron Oral Liquid when used together, which may result in increased side effects.
Storage and disposal of Zybron Drops
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zybron Drops
Symptoms of an overdose include headache, anxiety, fits, abdominal cramps, irregular heartbeats. Sometimes, a drop in blood pressure. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one. Do not stop taking Zybron Oral Liquid without consulting your doctor....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Zybron Oral Liquid during dry cough?
A: Zybron Oral Liquid is generally used for wet cough only. It helps to loosen up the mucous so that it can be removed easily through coughing. Your doctor will suggest you this medicine after examining you only, whether it's a dry cough or wet cough.
Q: What is an expectorant?
A: An ‘expectorant’ is any medicine that expels the sputum (phlegm or mucous) from your airways to the outside by the way of cough. Productive or chesty cough (cough with sputum) results when secretions of the airways are increased due to viral or bacterial infections or dust, pollen or other allergies. The secretions will mix with other cells and substances in the airways and congest the airways causing tightness in the chest, problematic breathing and cough. The body wants to expel these secretions by way of cough. Zybron Oral Liquid thins down the secretions and increases cough by which will relieve the congestion of the airways. This medicine is proven to be safe and efficient for the treatment of cough associated with chest congestion.
Q: Is Zybron Oral Liquid a habit-forming medicine?
A: Zybron Oral Liquid does not contain any substances reported to become habit-forming. However, it is advised that this syrup should not be used for more than the prescribed time. It also should not be used in any cough without consultation from a registered medical practitioner.
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: In the prescribed doses, Zybron Oral Liquid for babies is relatively safe. However, children should not be started this syrup without consulting a child health specialist who will decide the dosage to be given.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Ambroxol Hydrochloride Uses, Dosage, Side Effects - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Terbutaline Use During Pregnancy | Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Bricanyl Tablets 5mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Benylin Mucus Cough Max Honey & Lemon Flavour 100 mg/5 ml Syrup - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- CHESTON PLUS Syrup [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
- Robitussin Chesty Cough Medicine - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 17 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.