Zoxan 500mg Tablet
By FDC LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zoxan Tablet contains Ciprofloxacin. It is an antibiotic used to treat various types of bacterial infections such as pneumonia, sinusitis and other infections of the skin, ear, nose, stomach, urinary tract. The common side effects of Zoxan Tablets are nausea, diarrhoea, headache and stomach pain. Most of which are temporary. However, if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, contact your doctor immediately. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine. Use this medicine as per the prescribed duration. It is not to be discontinued abruptly without informing your doctor.
Uses of Zoxan 500mg Tablet
For the treatment of respiratory tract infections, ear infection, urinary tract infection, sexually transmitted diseases, intestinal infections, a stomach infection, skin infection, bone and joint infection, digestive system related infections, infections associated with surgeries.
Contraindications of Zoxan 500mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Ciprofloxacin or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are taking other quinolone medicines like moxifloxacin, norfloxacin, ofloxacin or nalidixic acid.
- If you are taking tizanidine (a medicine used to treat muscle spasm).
Side effects of Zoxan 500mg Tablet
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Rash, Itchy skin (Pruritus)
- Urticaria (pale, red bumps on the skin)
Precautions and Warnings of Zoxan 500mg Tablet
Can I take Zoxan Tablet during pregnancy?
- It is preferable to avoid Zoxan Tablet if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby as this medicine may harm your baby.
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor.
Can I take Zoxan Tablet while breastfeeding?
Zoxan Tablet can pass into human breastmilk and harm your child. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zoxan Tablet?
Zoxan Tablet may affect the reaction time, which is crucial for driving. Hence, it is advised not to use this medicine while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Zoxan Tablet?
You should avoid drinking alcohol while taking Zoxan Tablet, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney diseases, as Zoxan Tablet will then require dose adjustment.
- You have a history of fits.
- You have diabetes as your blood glucose can drop when you are on this medicine.
- You have myasthenia gravis. This medicine can worsen it.
- You have a history of tendon problems.
- You have heart diseases, very slow heart rhythm, heart failure.
- You have liver diseases.
- You have any psychiatric illness.
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells).
- You experience any sudden severe allergic reaction, pain or swelling in joints and tendinitis, stop taking this medicine and contact your doctor immediately.
Mode of Action of Zoxan 500mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Zoxan Tablet prevents bacterial growth and kills the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Zoxan 500mg Tablet
Swallow Zoxan Tablet with a glass of water. Take it as per the directions given by the doctor. Do not cut, break or chew the tablet.
Interactions of Zoxan 500mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Zoxan Tablet may affect the way other medicines work or vice versa if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are on certain medications like antigout medicines such as probenecid, antacids like cimetidine, anti-emetic like metoclopramide, medicines for breathing-related disorders, anticoagulants like warfarin, medicines used to treat brain-related disorder like clozapine, medicines for erectile dysfunction, etc.read less
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are medicines for sleeping disorders like zolpidem, immunosuppressants like ciclosporin, anaesthesia like lidocaine, etc.
- Concomitant use of Zoxan Tablet and medicines used for heart disorders, psychotic disorders and certain antibiotics should be used cautiously as it can lead to undesirable effects.
- Medicines or certain supplements containing iron, calcium, etc. antacids or sucralfate should not be taken within two hours of taking this medicine as they reduce the effect of this medicine.
Interactions with food items
Dietary supplements or mineral-fortified drinks like milk, yoghurt, calcium-fortified orange juice should not be taken with Zoxan Tablet as they reduce the absorption of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Zoxan 500mg Tablet
- Zoxan Tablet does not require any special storage conditions.
- Try to keep it out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Zoxan 500mg Tablet
- If you take more medicine than that prescribed, Zoxan Tablet may cause confusion, tremors, headache, tiredness, dizziness, hallucinations, fits, liver or kidney impairment, blood in the urine, difficulty in urination.read less
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of an overdose or rush to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
For optimum effect, doses of antibiotics should not be missed. If you have missed taking any dose of Zoxan Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I be careful about while taking Zoxan Tablet?
- If you notice tightness in the chest, difficulty in breathing or fainting episode, immediately seek medical help.
- If you notice pain, swelling in any joint, immediately stop taking this medicine, take rest, avoid exercise and report to your doctor.
- If you are suffering from depression, it can worsen.
- If you have diabetes, this medicine can cause a drop in your blood sugars, which can be dangerous.
- If you experience sweating, hunger pangs, a headache, tremors, immediately have a juice/sugar. Inform your doctor about this episode.
Q: What should I avoid while taking the ciprofloxacin?
A: Avoid exposure to direct sunlight. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
Q: Is Zoxan Tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Zoxan Tablet is an antibiotic.
Q: Can you take Zoxan Tablet if you have a fever?
A: No, you cannot take Zoxan Tablet if you have a fever as it is used to treat severe bacterial infections and not viral infections like a fever. Also, avoid self-medicating and should take any medicines only after consulting the doctor.
Q: What is the use of Zoxan Tablet?
A: Zoxan Tablet is used to treat various types of bacterial infections like skin, ear, stomach, urinary tract infections, bronchitis, sinusitis, etc.
Q: What is the minimum daily dose for Zoxan Tablet?
A: You should take this medicine in doses and duration as prescribed by your doctor. You should not consume it more than prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can Zoxan Tablet be taken if I am breastfeeding?
A: Zoxan Tablet passes into the breastmilk and it could potentially harm the breastfed baby. Therefore, it should not be used during breastfeeding. You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Zoxan Tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have a liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or are planning to have a baby.
Q: Is Zoxan Tablet habit-forming?
A: No, Zoxan Tablet is not habit-forming.
Q: Can I stop taking Zoxan Tablet before the prescribed duration?
A: No, finish the full course of the treatment, even if you feel better. If you start feeling better, there are still infection-causing bacteria present in the body, which can make the infection return in a few days. Also, when one does not complete the course, these few bacteria later becomes resistant to these antibiotics and cause severe infections that are difficult to treat. Hence, always finish the course of antibiotics as prescribed by your doctor.
- Ciprofloxacin 100 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021].
- DailyMed - CIPROFLOXACIN- ciprofloxacin tablet, film coatedCIPROFLOXACIN tablet, film coated [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021].
- Ciprofloxacin Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 9 April 2021].
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 Apr 2021 | 10:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved