Zoxan 0.3% Eye Oint
By FDC LIMITED
5g Eye Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zoxan Eye ointment contains antibiotic medicine ciprofloxacin. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the eye. It improves symptoms like redness, itching, watering and pus from the eyes related to an eye infection. Do not apply this ointment if you are allergic to any similar antibiotic. Zoxan Eye ointment is applied directly to the eye. Do not touch the tip of the ointment with barehand. Do not wear contact lenses if you are suffering from eye infections. Contact your doctor if symptoms don’t improve after 7 days of treatment or if you experience any abnormal symptoms.
Uses of Zoxan 0.3% Eye Oint
Zoxan Eye ointment is used for the treatment of bacterial infections (conjunctivitis) of the eye.
Contraindications of Zoxan 0.3% Eye Oint
- If you are allergic to ciprofloxacin or any other components of the Zoxan Eye ointment.
- If you have a history of allergy to any other medicine of similar antibiotics (fluoroquinolone group).
Side effects of Zoxan 0.3% Eye Oint
- Loss of taste
- Discomfort in the eyes
- Deposition of the ointment at the tip of the eye
- Dryness in the eyes
- Swelling of the eyes
- Redness of the eyes
Precautions and Warnings of Zoxan 0.3% Eye Oint
Can I use the Zoxan Eye ointment during pregnancy?
There is limited data about the safety of this ointment during pregnancy. Hence, consult your doctor before using it if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I use the Zoxan Eye ointment while breastfeeding?
There is limited data related to the safety of this ointment in nursing mothers. It is important to consult your doctor before using this medicine if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have applied the Zoxan Eye ointment?
Due to direct application into the eye, this ointment may produce transient blurring of vision and vision disturbances. Hence, do not drive immediately after applying the Zoxan Eye ointment.
Can I consume alcohol with the Zoxan Eye ointment?
No information is available on the interactions of this ointment when taken with alcohol. However, it is advisable to refrain from excessive consumption of alcohol as it may delay recovery after surgery or from an infection.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience symptoms like fainting, low blood pressure, loss of consciousness, tingling, face oedema, difficulty in breathing, redness of the skin or itching after application of this ointment, seek immediate medical attention.Read less
- Do not use this ointment for a longer time than prescribed by your doctor as it may result in the overgrowth of nonsusceptible organisms including fungi. In such a case, appropriate medicine should be used for the treatment.Read less
- Do not use contact lenses if you have any signs or symptoms of bacterial infection in the eye like conjunctivitis.
- Do not touch the tip of the ointment to any other surface as it may contaminate the ointment.
- Consult your doctor before using this ointment in children below 2 years of age. Systemic use of this medicine may result in joint damage in children.
Mode of Action of Zoxan 0.3% Eye Oint
How Does It Work?
Bacterial infection of the eye produces symptoms like redness, pain, itching, watering or pus discharge from the eyes. Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic. It works by inhibiting the certain enzyme in the bacterial cell responsible for replication, growth and repair of bacteria, thus inhibits bacterial growth.
Directions for Use of Zoxan 0.3% Eye Oint
- Apply the Zoxan Eye ointment as advised by your doctor.
- Use it within one month after opening the tube.
- Do not use longer than you have been told.
- Wash your hands before and after applying this ointment.
- Do not touch the tip to any surface as this may contaminate the ointment.
Interactions of Zoxan 0.3% Eye Oint
Interactions with other medicines
- Zoxan Eye ointment is for application in the eye, which makes it less likely to interact with any other medicines. If you are prescribed any other topical medications, then discuss it with your doctor.Read less
- There are rare chances of its systemic absorption from eye application yet, you should be cautious if you are taking Cyclosporine, Theophylline, caffeine and oral medicines to thin the blood like Warfarin.Read less
Storage and disposal of Zoxan 0.3% Eye Oint
- Store it in a cool and dry place. Keep it out of the reach of children.
- You should not use the Zoxan Eye ointment once its expiry date has passed and you should discard it properly.
- You should not use the medicine if you notice that the colour of the content is different or particles are present.
Dosage of Zoxan 0.3% Eye Oint
As the Zoxan Eye ointment is meant for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of it, wipe out the excess of the medicine with a tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying the Zoxan Eye ointment, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply this ointment to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How Zoxan Eye ointment works?
A: Zoxan Eye ointment contains an antibiotic known as Ciprofloxacin. It stops the bacterial multiplication process and helps to decreases bacterial infection and improves symptoms related to eye infections.
Q: Can we use this ointment in children?
A: Do not use this ointment in children without doctors advise.
Q: When should I consult a doctor?
A: Contact your doctor if symptoms don’t improve after 7 days of treatment or if you experience any abnormal symptoms.
Q: Can I use contact lenses while applying this ointment?
A: No. do not use contact lenses if you are having any infection of the eyes. It decreases the effect of medicine applied to the eye.
Q: Can I use this ointment if I am pregnant?
A: Zoxan Eye ointment is applied to the eye so the chances of systemic side effects are less. There are reports that medicine may get absorbed into the blood system in a little amount so it is advisable to consult your doctor before using it if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Ciloxan 0.3% w/v eye drops, solution - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 25 April 2021]
- Ciloxan 0.3% w/v eye drops, solution - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 25 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 25 April 2021
Last Updated on: 27 Apr 2021 | 12:25 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved