Zolam 0.25mg Tab
By STADMED PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zolam 0.25 mg Tablet is used to treat anxiety disorders and panic disorders. It belongs to the group of benzodiazepines. The active ingredient is alprazolam. It is also referred to as anti-anxiety medicine or anxiolytic. Zolam 0.25 mg Tablet should be used only under the guidance and supervision of a doctor. It should be taken in the dose and frequency prescribed and only for the specified duration. Zolam 0.25 mg Tablet can cause slowing or stopping of breath which could cause severe side effects, including fatal consequences if taken along with other opioid medications, alcohol, or other medications that also result in drowsiness or slowed breathing. Physical dependence can occur when taken for several days to weeks, even at the prescribed doses. The patient should be informed and made aware of these issues, and a thorough assessment of the patient for risk for abuse, misuse, and addiction should be performed prior to starting therapy....
|You Save||₹2.59 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Anxiety disorders; panic disorders; anxiety caused by depression; and premenstrual syndrome.|
|Side effects||Hives, difficult breathing, swelling of your lips, tongue, face or throat, shallow breathing, a feeling like you may faint, risk-taking behaviour, decreased sleep, agitation or being talkative or being overactive, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes), drowsiness or dizziness, confusion, hallucinations, suicidal thoughts or actions, constipation, nausea, dry mouth, double vision.|
Check more medicines with composition as Alprazolam(0.25 Mg)
Uses of Zolam 0.25 MG
- Anxiety disorders.
- Panic disorders.
- Anxiety caused by depression.
- Premenstrual syndrome.
Contraindications of Zolam 0.25 MG
Allergic to alprazolam, benzodiazepines or other similar medications. Documented hypersensitivity. Acute narrow-angle glaucoma. Using antifungal medications (like itraconazole, ketoconazole). Medications to treat HIV (cobicistat, tipranavir)....
Side effects of Zolam 0.25 MG
- Swelling around the face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Difficulty breathing or shallow breathing.
- A feeling like you might faint.
- Risk-taking behaviour.
- Decreased sleep.
- Agitation or being talkative or being overactive.
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
- Drowsiness or dizziness.
- Confusion, hallucinations, suicidal thoughts or actions.
- Constipation, nausea.
- Dry mouth.
- Double vision.
Precautions and Warnings of Zolam 0.25 MG
Can I take Zolam 0.25 mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Do not use the Zolam 0.25 mg Tablet if you are pregnant. Please consult your doctor as this medicine may result in congenital disabilities or withdrawal symptoms that could be life-threatening in a newborn.
Can I take a Zolam 0.25 mg Tablet while breastfeeding?
No, you should not breastfeed while using Zolam 0.25 mg Tablet because there could be severe side effects, including excessive sleepiness, drowsiness and withdrawal symptoms in breastfed babies. However, if you are breastfeeding, tell your doctor if you notice drowsiness or feeding problems in the baby.
Can I drive if I have taken the Zolam 0.25 mg Tablet?
No, driving or other hazardous activity should not be undertaken until the effects of Zolam 0.25 mg Tablet are known to you. Dizziness or drowsiness can cause accidents or severe injuries.
Can I consume alcohol with the Zolam 0.25 mg Tablet?
No, avoid drinking alcohol with the medicine. The combination impairs alertness and also leads to symptoms similar to overdose of Zolam 0.25 mg.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have breathing problems.
- You have ever had any medicine or alcohol addiction.
- You have ever had depression, mood problems, or suicidal thoughts or behaviour.
- You have kidney or liver disease.
Mode of Action of Zolam 0.25 MG
How Does It Work?
The active ingredient is alprazolam which acts on the brain and nerves (central nervous system), producing a calming effect. It enhances the outcome produced by GABA, which is a natural chemical in the body....
Directions for Use of Zolam 0.25 MG
- Take Zolam 0.25 mg Tablet exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Gulp the pill entirely with a glass of water.
- Do not crush, chew, or break the tablet.
- Zolam 0.25 mg Tablet can be taken with or without food as per the regular dosing schedule.
Interactions of Zolam 0.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medications that cause sleepiness or slow your breathing.
- Opioid medications.
- Sleeping pill.
- Muscle relaxer.
- Other medicines used for anxiety or seizures.
- Medications for the treatment of mental illness (clozapine).
- Antidepressants, such as amitriptyline, imipramine,nortriptyline.
- Antihistamines that cause sedation, such as diphenhydramine.
- Oral contraceptives.
- MAO inhibitors.
- Other medications, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products, may interact with alprazolam and are not recommended for use at the same time. Discuss with your doctor....
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit juice or its products may increase the blood levels with Zolam 0.25 mg Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Zolam 0.25 MG
Zolam 0.25 mg tablets should be stored at room temperature. Keep away from light and moisture (not in the bathroom). The medications must be stored away from the reach of children and pets. Don’t flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Discard all expired and/or unused medicine properly....
Dosage of Zolam 0.25 MG
- Overdose symptoms may include excessive drowsiness, reduced or decreased reflexes, slow breathing, and unconsciousness. Go to the nearest hospital and inform your doctor In case of a suspected overdose or severe symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing....
Missed a Dose
The missed dose should be taken as soon as possible unless it is close to the time of the next dose, in which case the missed dose should be skipped. Resume taking your next dose at the regular time as per the dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to make up for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How and when should Zolam 0.25 mg Tablet be discontinued?
A: Stopping abruptly or reducing the dosage too quickly can result in withdrawal reactions, including seizures, which can be life-threatening. Discuss with your doctor about the same, and also tapering the dose prior to discontinuation is recommended.
Q: Can Zolam 0.25 mg Tablet be used in patients with kidney or liver problems?
- Zolam 0.25 mg Tablet should be used with extreme caution in patients with kidney and/or liver problems and only under medical supervision. Please discuss this with your doctor.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.