Zivast L Forte Tab
By FDC LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zivast L Forte Tab contains a combination of Atorvastatin and Losartan as active ingredients.
Uses of Zivast L Forte Tab
- It is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure) when it exists with increased/ deranged cholesterol
Contraindications of Zivast L Forte Tab
- If you have any allergic reaction to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have or ever had any liver disease, any abnormality in liver function test
- If you are being treated with medicines for hepatitis C like Glecaprevir/Pibrentasvir
- If you are pregnant
- If you have blockage of any duct that carries bile from the liver to gallbladder (obstructive biliary disorders)
- If you have diabetes or kidney disorder and you have been treated with Aliskiren (a medicine used to treat high blood pressure)
Side effects of Zivast L Forte Tab
- Body pain (joint, back, throat, muscle)
- Swelling of nasal passages and bleeding from the nose
- Abnormal liver function test and increased creatinine level
- Vertigo or giddiness
- Increased potassium in the blood
- A sudden drop in blood sugar level
Precautions and Warnings of Zivast L Forte Tab
Can I take Zivast L Forte Tab during pregnancy?
- Pregnant women should not take this medicine as it is unsafe during pregnancy
- If you are a woman of childbearing age, you should discuss with your physician about the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby
- If you think you are pregnant or might become pregnant, discontinue the treatment and seek for safer alternative
Can I take Zivast L Forte Tab while breastfeeding?
You should not take this medicine if you are breastfeeding unless advised by your doctor, inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding as this medicine may harm your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zivast L Forte Tab?
If you observe or experience any side effects like dizziness or drowsiness, it is advised not to drive or use machines. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with Zivast L Forte Tab?
- Alcohol consumption, along with this medicine can lower your blood pressure and can increase side effects like sedation or drowsiness as this medicine contains Losartan. Caution is advised while drinking alcohol during the treatmentread less
- If you have any liver disease or history of liver disease, you should inform your doctor before taking this medicine as this may increase the chance of liver damage with alcohol
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you have liver or kidney disease or have had a kidney transplant
- If you experienced any muscle problems after taking other cholesterol-lowering medicines
- If you are taking medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as it may cause serious muscle injury
- If you have breathing difficulty
- If you are addicted to alcohol
- If you have any thyroid problems
- If you ever had an allergic reaction like swelling of the face, lips, throat and tongue
- If you have vomiting or diarrhoea, dehydration can result in low blood pressure and can be dangerous, have an adequate amount of water and fluids
- If you have narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels of one or both kidneys
- If you are taking medicines like Diuretics
- If you are suffering from any heart disease
- Caution is required if you are a diabetic and taking medicines like Enalapril, Lisinopril and Ramipril
Mode of Action of Zivast L Forte Tab
How Does It Work?
- Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Atorvastatin inhibits this enzyme, lowers bad cholesterol levels (LDL levels), triglyceride levels and also other lipids or fats in the blood. It also increases the good cholesterol known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levelsread less
- Angiotensin-II released in your body causes the blood vessels to narrow which leads to an increase in blood pressure. Losartan prevents the binding of Angiotensin-II to its receptors, causes the blood vessels to relax and lowers the blood pressureread less
Directions for Use of Zivast L Forte Tab
- Take Zivast L Forte Tab as directed by your doctor
- Always take it at the same time every day
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to
- Never stop this medicine on your own
Interactions of Zivast L Forte Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Atorvastatin and Losartan, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination
- There can be a drastic drop in blood pressure if taken with other medicines like Amlodipine, Digoxin, Ramipril, Lisinopril or Aliskiren, this can be dangerous and should be avoided
- Avoid excess use of pain killers like Phenazone or Indomethacin as this can damage kidneys
- Medicines used to treat HIV/AIDS like Ritonavir, to treat hepatitis C like Telaprevir, antibiotics or any antifungal medicines like Erythromycin or Ketoconazole
- Blood thinners like Warfarin
- Antacids like Cimetidine and Magnesium
- Avoid using along with other medicines for cholesterol like Ezetimibe
- Avoid taking potassium supplements as Losartan is known to increase potassium levels
- Medicines which are known to increase potassium levels like Diuretics (Amiloride, Triamterene and Spironolactone)
- Medicines which increase the serum potassium like Heparin and Trimethoprim-containing medicines should be avoided
- It can increase side effects caused by Lithium
- Medicines used to treat specific cancer like Amifostine
- Medicine used to treat muscle spasm like Baclofen
Interactions with food items
- Intake of grapefruit juice should be in a limited quantity as grapefruit may alter the effect of Atorvastatin
- It is advised to avoid high potassium-containing foods as Losartan is known to increase potassium levels
Storage and disposal of Zivast L Forte Tab
- Do not store above 25°C
- Store it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture
- Keep out of sight and reach of children
Dosage of Zivast L Forte Tab
As Zivast L Forte Tab contains Losartan, symptoms of overdose may include dizziness, increased levels of potassium in the blood, kidney failure and loss of consciousness. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take supplements with Zivast L Forte Tab?
- You can take supplements but ensure your supplement does not contain potassium or potassium salts
- This medicine is known to increase blood potassium levels
- Excess intake of potassium-containing supplements can lead to complications and heart-related issues
- Periodic tests to determine blood potassium are done when one is taking this medicine
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions to be followed when I am taking this medicine?
- Yes, avoid high potassium-containing foods (spinach, banana, peas, kidney beans)
- A low-salt diet is preferred
- Avoid fruits, foods and health supplements with high potassium content
Last Updated on: 17 Sep 2020 | 05:30 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved