Zipod 100mg Dry Syp 30ml
By FDC LIMITED
30ml Dry Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zipod Dry Syrup is an antibiotic medicine used for the treatment of bacterial infection of lungs, airways, throat, ears, nose, etc. Zipod Dry Syrup contains cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. This medicine is specially designed for use in children and should be used under an adult’s supervision. It works by inhibiting the growth of infection-causing bacteria. Before giving this medicine to your children inform your doctor if your child is allergic to antibiotics or has experienced any allergic reactions after taking antibiotics. The medicine needs to be given in the prescribed quantity for the prescribed time. Always complete the course of antibiotic medicine for your child, not completing the course of antibiotics or missing any dose of antibiotics can fail the therapy....
Uses of Zipod 100 MG
Zipod Dry Syrup is used to treat different types of bacterial infections of lungs, throat, airways, nose, ears, skin, tonsils and sinus.
Contraindications of Zipod 100 MG
- If your child is allergic to cefpodoxime or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If your child has a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins. If you are not sure about which are these medicines ask your doctor.
Side effects of Zipod 100 MG
- Skin rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Zipod 100 MG
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins or similar medicines.
- Your child has a kidney problem.
- Your child has diarrhoea with or without stomach pain and fever even after stopping treatment with Zipod Dry Syrup.
- Do not use this medicine for any other condition than that prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not stop the treatment with this medicine midway during your course even if your child starts feeling better. The course should be completed. Otherwise, it can lead to resistance. Seek medical help if your child has persistent diarrhoea....
Mode of Action of Zipod 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Cefpodoxime in Zipod Dry Syrup acts on the bacteria and controls its growth that results in the death of the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Zipod 100 MG
- Zipod Dry Syrup should be taken as directed by your doctor, read the label carefully before using it.
- This medicine needs to be reconstituted before use in boiled and cooled water.
- Shake it well and make the volume up to the given mark on the bottle.
- A reconstituted solution should be used within the duration mentioned on the bottle.
Interactions of Zipod 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Zipod Dry Syrup works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Zipod Dry Syrup should be used with caution along with antacids or medicines to treat gout.
Storage and disposal of Zipod 100 MG
- Store Zipod Dry Syrup at room temperature in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Keep the bottle tightly closed and away from the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused portion after the specific period of time as per the label.
Dosage of Zipod 100 MG
Symptoms of overdose are diarrhoea, stomach discomfort, nausea, vomiting. If you have given too much of Zipod Dry Syrup to your child, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately....
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail the therapy. If you have missed giving any dose of Zipod Dry Syrup, then give it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Zipod Dry Syrup?
A: Zipod Dry Syrup is an antibiotic medicine containing cefpodoxime. It is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections such as infection of the lungs, airways, ears, nose, throat, etc.
Q: How do you store Zipod Dry Syrup?
A: Zipod Dry Syrup should be stored at room temperature, away from direct heat and moisture. The lid of the container should be closed tightly after every use.
- CDSCO - Cefpodoxime proxetil [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 June 2021]
- CEFOPROX Tablets/DT/Powder for Oral Suspension [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 1 June 2021]
- CEFPODOXIME PROXETIL [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 1 June 2021]
- Cefpodoxime - Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US); 2006 [cited 1 June 2021]