Zimat Strip Of 10 Tablets
By KOPRAN PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zimat Tablet is an anti-allergic medication and is used to treat symptoms associated with allergies such as itching, sneezing, watery eyes, running nose, rashes, and pale red bumps. It contains cetirizine as its active ingredient. Take as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Side effects of the medicine are drowsiness, headache, weakness, and dry mouth. Most of them are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact the doctor immediately. Zimat Tablet should be used with caution in children and it is recommended to consult the doctor before using the medicine in pregnant and lactating women....
|You Save||₹3.64 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Allergic rhinitis and skin allergy|
|Side effects||Tiredness, headache, sleepiness, drowsiness, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Cetirizine(10.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Zimat Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Zimat 10 MG
Zimat Tablet is used to treat allergies associated with airways (allergic rhinitis) and Skin (urticaria).
Contraindications of Zimat 10 MG
- If you are allergic to cetirizine, Hydroxyzine or Piperazine derivatives or other ingredients of Zimat Tablet.
- If you have severe kidney disease.
Side effects of Zimat 10 MG
- Dry mouth
- Sore throat
Precautions and Warnings of Zimat 10 MG
Can I take Zimat Tablet during pregnancy?
Zimat Tablet should be avoided by pregnant women, as there is limited information available on the safety of the medicine in pregnant women. Hence, avoid it in pregnancy unless considered prescribed by a doctor.
Can I take Zimat Tablet while breastfeeding?
Zimat Tablet passes into breastmilk. Therefore, it is advised not to take the medicine while breastfeeding unless the doctor has prescribed.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zimat Tablet?
Zimat Tablet is known to cause sleepiness. Hence, driving or operating machine should be avoided.
Can I consume alcohol with Zimat Tablet?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption along with Zimat Tablet, as it may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a kidney problem or urinary retention problem as you may need a lower dose of the medicine, consult the doctor.
- You are giving the children as they may require a small dose of the medicine.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
- You should take an allergic skin test, as it may interfere with the diagnosis.
- You may experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching, and redness immediately after you stop taking Zimat Tablet.
Mode of Action of Zimat 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Histamine is a substance produced in the body in case of allergies and responsible for itching, runny nose, sneezing, and watery eyes. Cetirizine in Zimat Tablet works by blocking the Histamine and hence decreases the symptoms associated with allergies....
Directions for Use of Zimat 10 MG
Zimat Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow entirely with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It will be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by the doctor....
Interactions of Zimat 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines may affect the way Zimat Tablet works, or the medicine itself may reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals the child is currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat anxiety and psychotic disorders such as Diazepam, Clonazepam, and Zimat Tablet may aggravate the side effects such as drowsiness, headache, and influence the alertness of an individual. ...
- It is important to inform the doctor regarding the medications and herbal supplements used before taking the medicine. It is also important to discuss specific allergies or underlying conditions experienced before using the medicine....
Storage and disposal of Zimat 10 MG
- Store Zimat Tablet at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zimat 10 MG
Symptoms of overdose are tiredness, headache, confusion, dizziness, discomfort, skin irritation, restlessness, drowsiness, rapid heartbeat, tremor, urinary retention. If you experience symptoms or think you have taken too much of Zimat Tablet, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- If you missed the dose of Zimat Tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If time next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions I need to take while I am taking Zimat Tablet?
- Yes, Zimat Tablet is known to cause sleepiness or drowsiness. Hence, avoid driving and operating machinery after taking the medicine.
- If you develop any rash, breathing difficulty or itching immediately after taking the medicine, it may be a severe side effect, immediately seek medical help.
Q: Can I take Zimat Tablet in pregnancy?
A: Zimat Tablet should be avoided in pregnancy. Take it only if prescribed by the docter in pregnancy.
Q: Can we take Zimat Tablet for allergy?
A: Yes, Zimat Tablet is used in allergic conditions. However, avoid self-medication. Only if prescribed by the doctor, you may take it.
Q: Can I take Zimat Tablet for cough and cold?
A: No, do not take Zimat Tablet for cough or cold on own. Cough or cold may be due to various reasons like allergy, infections, etc. Cetirizine may help in cough or cold if it is allergic in origin.
Q: Does Zimat Tablet make us drowsy?
A: Yes, Zimat Tablet may make you drowsy, sleepy, and dizzy. Avoid driving or operate machinery after taking Cetzine.
Q: Is it okay to use Zimat Tablet while I am breastfeeding?
A: Zimat Tablet passes into breastmilk and may cause drowsiness in your breastfed baby. Hence, do not take this if you are breastfeeding.
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]
- Cetirizine 10 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride Tablets, USP – Product Monograph [Internet]. Pdf.hres.ca. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Cetirizine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 6 May 2021]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand