Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By FDC LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zifi-O tablet is used in adults for the treatment of typhoid fever and urinary tract infections. It contains a combination of two medicines - Cefixime and Ofloxacin. It works by fighting against the infection-causing bacteria, thus preventing their growth and spread. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the exact duration. Do not take this medicine more than the recommended dose and do not stop taking this medicine on your own without the knowledge of your doctor. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, dizziness are some common side effects of the Zifi-O tablet. Most of them are temporary, but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Zifi-O tablet is used for the treatment of typhoid fever and urinary tract infections.
Contraindications of Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Cefixime, Ofloxacin, Cephalosporins like Cefuroxime, Fluoroquinolones like Ciprofloxacin or any of the ingredients of Zifi-O tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have a history of tendon disorder.
- If you have a history of fits or any brain-related disorders.
- If you have a family history of red blood cell disorder (defects in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity).
- Zifi-O (200mg/200mg) tablet should not be given to children or growing adolescents as it may interfere with their growth.
Side effects of Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach problems like nausea, vomiting, loose stools, stomach pain.
- Headache, dizziness, abnormal sensation in ears, sleep disturbances.
- Cold, runny nose and sneezing.
- Irritation in eyes and blurred vision.
- Allergic reactions involving joint pain, rashes, swelling of the face, difficulty in breathing and other skin problems.
- Bleeding and formation of fluid bumps around lips, mouth, nose and genitals.
Precautions and Warnings of Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Zifi-O tablet during pregnancy?
- It is unsafe to take Zifi-O tablet during pregnancy.
- Do not take this tablet if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor.
Can I take Zifi-O tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advisable not to breastfeed when you are taking Zifi-O tablet as its component passes into breast milk and can be harmful to your baby's joint growth.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zifi-O tablet?
Zifi-O tablet may make you feel confused, stiff, less alert and can cause unusual muscle movements. Thus, you should avoid driving until you know how this medicine affects your body.
Can I consume alcohol with Zifi-O tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol during the treatment with Zifi-O tablet as it may worsen the side effects of Zifi-O tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience suicidal thoughts.
- You are experiencing vision disturbances.
- You have a kidney problem and you are on dialysis.
- You have diarrhoea, cramps, pain and fever after taking this medicine.
- You have blood disorders like anaemia and inherited blood disorder (G6PD deficiency).
- You are experiencing irregular heartbeats, low potassium levels or have had heart disease.
- You are experiencing fits, difficulty in movement, confusion, other mental disorders (Psychosis).
- You have problems related to the liver and kidney and you are taking medicine to prevent blood clotting.
- You are experiencing pain, a pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness in various body parts.
- You have a history of tendonitis (inflammation of tissue that connects muscles to bone) after taking antibiotics or myasthenia gravis.
- You experience allergic reactions including serious skin allergies in different body parts (fluid-filled blisters, bumps, rashes and skin degradation).
- You are a diabetic person taking medicines, then caution is needed as this medicine can cause low blood sugar. Close monitoring of blood glucose may be needed.
Mode of Action of Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
The combination of Cefixime and Ofloxacin in Zifi-O tablet works by causing the death of the infection-causing bacteria.
Directions for Use of Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Zifi-O tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Complete the course of the medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- Zifi-O tablet should be taken at least two hours before taking acidity medicines, any preparations containing zinc and iron and certain anti-HIV medicines like Didanosine.
- The risk of getting fits increase if you are taking medicine to treat asthma-like theophylline, to reduce inflammation (Ibuprofen).
- Should be used with caution if you are taking medicines that can alter your heart rhythms like Quinidine, Hydroquinidine, Disopyramide, antidepressants like Clomipramine, Amitriptyline, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Clarithromycin and Azithromycin.read less
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking any medicine for diabetes like Glibenclamide.
- Zifi-O tablet interferes with the working of blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin.
- You may experience tendon rupture if you are taking any medicines used to treat inflammation and pain (corticosteroids) like betamethasone, prednisone.
Interactions with food items
Zifi-O tablet can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Zifi-O 200mg/200mg tablet below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose include confusion, dizziness, altered consciousness, fits, irregular heartbeat, nausea, confusion.
- In the case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Zifi-O tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should I take Zifi-O (200mg/200mg) tablet?
- You need to complete the full course of Zifi-O 200mg/200mg tablet, as per your doctor's prescribed duration.
- You may feel fine after a few doses but it is important to complete the course.
- If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection reoccurring or not responding to this antibiotic in the future.
Q: What precautions should I take while on treatment with Zifi O tablet?
A: When on treatment with Zifi-O tablet, be careful and do not unnecessarily expose yourself to the sunrays. It can result in sunburns and rashes. Ensure even after stopping the treatment, you are not exposed to too much sun for the next 48 hours.
Q: What is Zifi-O 200mg/200mg tablet?
A: Zifi-O 200mg/200mg tablet is a combination of two medicines - cefixime and ofloxacin which is used to treat typhoid fever and urinary tract infections in adult patients.
Q: What is the use of Zifi O tablet?
A: Zifi-O tablet is used in adults for the treatment of typhoid fever and urinary tract infections.
Q: Can Zifi O tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
A: Zifi O tablet can be taken with or without food. It should be taken as directed by your doctor.
Q: Are there any side effects of Zifi-O tablets?
A: You may experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, dizziness, etc while on treatment with Zifi-O tablets.
Q: What is the dosage of Zifi O tablet?
A: Zifi-O tablet should be taken only after consulting the doctor. You should take this medicine in doses, frequency and duration as per the doctor’s advice.
Q: Does Zifi-O tablet cause addiction?
A: No, Zifi-O tablet is not an addiction causing medicine. However, it should be used as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Last Updated on: 12 Apr 2021 | 09:52 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved