Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Zifi-O tablet is used in adults for the treatment of typhoid fever and urinary tract infections. It is a combination medicine containing Cefixime and Ofloxacin. Zifi-O tablet works by fighting agains
the infection-causing bacteria, thus preventing their growth and spread. Take this medicine in the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed. Do not take Zifi-O tablet more than the recommended dose and do not stop taking this medicine on your own without the knowledge of your doctor. Take Zifi-O tablet with meals to avoid stomach upset. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, dizziness are some common side effects of the Zifi-O tablet. Most of them are temporary, but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Before using tab Zifi-O, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to cefixime, ofloxacin, Cephalosporins like Cefuroxime, Fluoroquinolones like Ciprofloxacin or any of the ingredients of Zifi-O tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have a history of tendon disorder.
- If you have a history of fits or any brain-related disorders.
- If you have a family history of red blood cell disorder (defects in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity).
- Zifi-O (200mg/200mg) tablet should not be given to children or growing adolescents as it may interfere with their growth.
Side effects of Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach problems like nausea, vomiting, loose stools, stomach pain.
- Headache, dizziness, abnormal sensation in ears, sleep disturbances.
- Cold, runny nose and sneezing.
- Irritation in eyes and blurred vision.
- Allergic reactions involving joint pain, rashes, swelling of the face, difficulty in breathing and other skin problems.
- Bleeding and formation of fluid bumps around lips, mouth, nose and genitals.
Precautions and Warnings of Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You experience suicidal thoughts.
- You are experiencing vision disturbances.
- You have a kidney problem and you are on dialysis.
- You have diarrhoea, cramps, pain and fever after taking this medicine.
- You have blood disorders like anaemia and inherited blood disorder (G6PD deficiency).
- You are experiencing irregular heartbeats, low potassium levels or have had heart disease.
- You are experiencing fits, difficulty in movement, confusion, other mental disorders (Psychosis).
- You have problems related to the liver and kidney and you are taking medicine to prevent blood clotting.
- You are experiencing pain, a pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness in various body parts.
- You have a history of tendonitis (inflammation of tissue that connects muscles to bone) after taking antibiotics or myasthenia gravis.
- You experience allergic reactions including serious skin allergies in different body parts (fluid-filled blisters, bumps, rashes and skin degradation).
- You are a diabetic person taking medicines, then caution is needed as this medicine can cause low blood sugar. Close monitoring of blood glucose may be needed.
Mode of Action of Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Zifi-O tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Complete the course of the medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- Zifi-O tablet should be taken at least two hours before taking acidity medicines, any preparations containing zinc and iron and certain anti-HIV medicines like Didanosine.
- The risk of getting fits increase if you are taking medicine to treat asthma-like theophylline, to reduce inflammation (Ibuprofen).
- Should be used with caution if you are taking medicines that can alter your heart rhythms like Quinidine, Hydroquinidine, Disopyramide, antidepressants like Clomipramine, Amitriptyline, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Clarithromycin and Azithromycin....
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking any medicine for diabetes like Glibenclamide.
- Zifi-O tablet interferes with the working of blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin.
- You may experience tendon rupture if you are taking any medicines used to treat inflammation and pain (corticosteroids) like betamethasone, prednisone.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Zifi-O tablet below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Zifi O 200mg/200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose of Zifi-O tablet include confusion, dizziness, altered consciousness, fits, irregular heartbeat, nausea, confusion.
- In the case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Zifi-O tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long should I take Zifi-O (200mg/200mg) tablet?
- You need to complete the full course of Zifi-O 200mg/200mg tablet, as per your doctor's prescribed duration.
- You may feel fine after a few doses but it is important to complete the course.
- If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection reoccurring or not responding to this antibiotic in the future.
Q: What precautions should I take while on treatment with Zifi O tablet?
Q: What is Zifi-O 200mg/200mg tablet?
Q: What is Zifi O tablet used for?
Q: Can Zifi O tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
Q: Are there any side effects of Zifi-O tablets?
Q: What is the dosage of Zifi O tablet?
Q: Is Zifi O tablet a steroid?
Q: Can I take Zifi O for UTI?
Q: Does Zifi O cause tendonitis?
Q: Is ZIFI O and ZIFI 200 same?
Q: Is Zifi O an antibiotic?
- OMNIX O Tablets (Cefixime + Ofloxacin) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Cefixime + Ofloxacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]