Mahacef Plus 200mg Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mahacef-Plus tablet is indicated for the treatment of typhoid fever and urinary tract infections in adults. It contains two main constituents - Cefixime and Ofloxacin. It works by fighting against the infection-causing bacteria, thus preventing their growth and spread. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the exact duration. Do not take this medicine more than the recommended dose and do not stop taking this medicine on your own without the knowledge of your doctor. Some common side effects of Mahacef Plus tablet are nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, dizziness. Most of which are temporary, but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding. You should also tell your doctor about the medicines, herbs, supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
Uses of Mahacef Plus 200mg Tablet
Mahacef-Plus 200 mg tablet is used for the treatment of typhoid fever and urinary tract infections.
Contraindications of Mahacef Plus 200mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Cefixime, Ofloxacin, Cephalosporins like Cefuroxime, Fluoroquinolones like Ciprofloxacin or any of the ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have a history of fits or any brain related disorders
- If you have a history of tendon disorder
- This medicine should not be given to children or growing adolescents as it may interfere with their growth.
- If you have a family history of red blood cell disorder (defects in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity)
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Side effects of Mahacef Plus 200mg Tablet
- Allergic reactions involving joint pain, rashes, swelling of face, difficulty in breathing and other skin problems
- Bleeding and formation of fluid bumps around lips, mouth, nose and genitals
- Stomach problems like nausea, vomiting, loose stools, stomach pain
- Headache, dizziness, abnormal sensation in ears, sleep disturbances
- Cold, runny nose and sneezing
- Irritation in eyes and blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Mahacef Plus 200mg Tablet
Can I take Mahacef-Plus 200 mg tablet during pregnancy?
- It is unsafe to take Mahacef Plus 200 mg tablet in pregnancy.
- Do not take this tablet if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor.
Can I take Mahacef-Plus 200 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advisable not to breastfeed when you are taking Mahacef Plus 200 mg tablet as a component of this medicine passes into breast milk and can be harmful for your baby's joint growth
Can I drive if I have consumed Mahacef-Plus 200 mg tablet?
Mahacef Plus 200 mg tablet may make you feel confused, stiff, less alert and can cause unusual muscle movements. Thus, it is advisable not to drive until you know how this medicine affects your body.
Can I consume alcohol with Mahacef-Plus 200 mg tablet?
It is advisable to avoid consumption of alcohol during the treatment as it may worsen the side effects of Mahacef Plus 200 mg tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience allergic reactions including serious skin allergies in different body parts (fluid-filled blisters, bumps, rashes and skin degradation).
- You have diarrhoea, cramps, pain and fever after taking this medicine
- You have a kidney problem and you are on dialysis
- You have blood disorders like anaemia and inherited blood disorder (G6PD deficiency)
- You have problems related to liver and kidney and you are taking medicine to prevent blood clotting.
- You have a history of tendonitis (inflammation of tissue which connects muscles to bone) after taking antibiotics or myasthenia gravis
- You are experiencing fits, difficulty in movement, confusion, other mental disorders (Psychosis)
- You are experiencing pain, a pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness in various body parts
- You experience suicidal thoughts
- You are experiencing irregular heartbeats, low potassium levels or have had heart disease
- You are a diabetic taking medicines, then caution is needed as this medicine can cause low blood sugar. Close monitoring of blood glucose may be needed.
- You are experiencing vision disturbances
Mode of Action of Mahacef Plus 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Mahacef Plus tablet works by causing the death of the infection-causing bacteria.
Directions for Use of Mahacef Plus 200mg Tablet
- Mahacef-Plus 200 mg tablet should be taken as a whole with sufficient amount of water with or without food.
- Complete the course of the medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Mahacef Plus 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Mahacef-Plus tablet should be taken at least two hours before taking acidity medicines, any preparations containing zinc and iron and certain anti-HIV drugs like Didanosine.
- Risk of getting fits increase if you are taking medicine to treat asthma-like theophylline, to reduce inflammation (Ibuprofen) .
- Should be used with caution if you are taking medicines which can alter your heart rhythm like Quinidine, Hydroquinidine, Disopyramide, antidepressants like Clomipramine, Amitriptyline, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Clarithromycin and Azithromycin.read less
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking any medicine for diabetes like Glibenclamide.
- This medicine interferes with the working of blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin.
- You may experience tendon rupture if you are taking any medicines used to treat inflammation and pain (corticosteroids) like betamethasone, prednisone.
Storage and disposal of Mahacef Plus 200mg Tablet
- Store Mahacef-Plus 200 mg tablet below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from catching moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Mahacef Plus 200mg Tablet
- Symptoms of overdose include confusion, dizziness, altered consciousness, fits, irregular heartbeat, nausea, confusion.
- In the case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Mahacef-Plus tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take Mahacef Plus 200 mg tablet?
- You need to complete the full course of Mahacef Plus tablet, as per your doctor's prescribed duration.
- You may feel fine after a few doses but it is important to complete the course.
- If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection reoccuring or not responding to this antibiotic in the future.
Q: Any specific caution is needed when taking Mahacef-Plus 200 mg tablet?
A: When on treatment with Mahacef-Plus tablet, be careful and do not unnecessarily expose yourself to the sunrays. It can result in sunburns and rashes. Ensure even after stopping the treatment, you are not exposed to too much sun for the next 48 hours.
Q: What is Mahacef Plus 200 mg tablet?
A: Mahacef-Plus 200 mg tablet is a combination of two medicines - cefixime and ofloxacin which is used to treat typhoid fever and urinary tract infections in adult patients.
Q: What is the use of Mahacef Plus tablet?
A: Mahacef Plus tablet is used in adults for the treatment of typhoid fever and urinary tract infections.
Q: Can Mahacef-Plus tablet be consumed on an empty stomach?
A: Mahacef-Plus tablet can be taken with or without food. It should be taken as directed by your doctor.
Q: What are the side effects of Mahacef-Plus 200 mg tablets?
A: You may experience nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, dizziness, etc while on treatment with Mahacef Plus 200 mg tablets.
Q: What is the dosage of Mahacef Plus tablet?
A: Mahacef-Plus tablet should be taken only after consulting the doctor. You should take this medicine in doses, frequency and duration as per the doctor’s advice.
Q: Is Mahacef-Plus tablet habit forming?
A: No, habit-forming tendencies have not been reported with Mahacef-Plus tablets.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Apr 2021 | 04:31 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved