Zicam 0.5mg Tablets
Zicam Dt 0.5 MG Description
Zicam 0.5 Tablet is a prescription medicine used to treat anxiety disorders. It is also effective in treating epilepsy, panic attacks, and sleeping disorders. The active ingredient in Zicam 0.5 table
ts is Clonazepam. The mode of action of Zicam 0.5 tablets is by decreasing the excessive activity of nerve cells. The Zicam 0.5 tablet is prescribed in combination with other medications or alone. Zicam 0.5 tablet belongs to the class of medications known as benzodiazepines (also known as tranquillisers), which decreases abnormal electrical activities in the brain. The doctor’s directions for use of Zicam 0.5 tablets should be strictly followed. It is advisable to avoid chewing these tablets and instead should be swallowed with a glass of lukewarm water. Sudden stoppage of this medicine can cause withdrawal symptoms like dizziness or lethargy. Medicines that interact with Zicam 0.5 tablets should be avoided. It is, therefore, important to inform the doctor of the affected person’s complete medical history and any medications being currently taken. Side effects of Zicam 0.5 tablets include depression, dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue, impaired coordination, and memory impairment.
|You Save||₹7.34 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Treatment of epilepsy/seizures, Treatment of anxiety disorder, Panic disorder (occurrence of unexpected panic attacks), Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome, Akinetic and myoclonic seizures|
|Side effects||Depression, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Fatigue, Impaired coordination, Memory impairment|
Uses of Zicam Dt 0.5 MG
- Zicam 0.5 mg tablets are used for the treatment of:
- Anxiety disorder
- Panic Disorder (occurrence of unexpected panic attacks)
- Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
- Akinetic and myoclonic seizures
Contraindications of Zicam Dt 0.5 MG
- Zicam 0.5 mg tablets are contraindicated:
- If you are diagnosed with acute narrow-angle glaucoma
- If you have a history of sensitivity to benzodiazepines
- If you have a biochemical or clinical history of liver disease
Side effects of Zicam Dt 0.5 MG
- Side effects of Zicam 0.5 mg tablets include:
- Impaired coordination
- Memory impairment
Precautions and Warnings of Zicam Dt 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have behavioural changes or suicidal thoughts while taking this medicine.
- You have a history of heart, kidney, or liver issues.
- You take other medicines for your health conditions.
Mode of Action of Zicam Dt 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zicam Dt 0.5 MG
- Take Zicam 0.5 mg tablets exactly as advised by your doctor.
- Consume Zicam 0.5 mg tablets orally by dissolving the medicine in a glass of water before taking it.
- It is best to take this medicine with food.
- Consume a Zicam 0.5 mg tablet at the same time every day.
- Ask your doctor to solve your queries regarding Zicam 0.5 mg tablets and consumption.
- Do not stop taking the Zicam 0.5 mg tablet without talking to the doctor.
Interactions of Zicam Dt 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Zicam 0.5 mg tablets can interact with many medicines. It is advised to inform the doctor of all medication being currently taken so they can be checked for possible issues of interaction. The following medicines are known to interact with Zicam 0.5 mg tablets....