Zicam 0.25mg Tablets
Zicam Dt 0.25 MG Description
Zicam tablets are mainly prescribed to treat mood disorders like anxiety disorders and depression. This medicine is also helpful in lowering the frequency of epilepsy (seizures). The active ingredien
t in Zicam tablets is Clonazepam. All mood disorders affect the way a person feels and acts. While the causes for these disorders are not known, sometimes they are triggered by common emotional reactions like worry, anger, etc. The mode of action of Zicam tablets is by lowering the abnormal activity of excited nerve cells in the brain. The medicine works by balancing certain chemical messengers in the brain and inducing feelings of calmness and well-being. Side effects of Zicam tablets include sleepiness, fatigue, dizziness, etc. They can also cause behavioural changes and sudden mood changes, as well as suicidal thoughts and tendencies. If used long-term, it is necessary to monitor the dosage of this medicine. Zicam tablets may also lead to physical dependency (return of symptoms when the medicine is stopped). Suddenly stopping Zicam tablets can result in withdrawal symptoms like tremors, sweating, nausea, muscle pain, etc.
|You Save||₹2.71 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, Seizure disorder, Comorbid depression, Panic disorder|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Fatigue, Nausea, Vomiting, Memory problems, Confusion, Depression, Drowsiness, Blurred vision, Muscle pain, Difficulty speaking, Increased salivation, Suicidal thoughts|
Uses of Zicam Dt 0.25 MG
- As per CDSCO, Zicam tablets are used in treating symptoms associated with the treatment and management of many psychological disorders such as:
- Major depressive disorder
- Comorbid depression (depression associated with other conditions)
- Anxiety disorder and panic disorders (both are mood disorders)
- Epileptic disorders like myoclonic and akinetic seizures
Contraindications of Zicam Dt 0.25 MG
- Do not take Zicam tablets or use caution:
- If you have a known allergy to any component of the Zicam tablet
- If you notice sudden mood changes and self-harming or suicidal thoughts
- If you have an eye condition like narrow-angle glaucoma; this medicine increases fluid pressure inside the eye
- If you have a previous history of medicine or alcohol abuse
- If you have severe liver disease
- If you suffer from respiratory diseases or lung conditions such as asthma or chronic pulmonary lung disease
- If you are diagnosed with porphyria (a blood disorder)
Side effects of Zicam Dt 0.25 MG
- Side effects of Zicam tablets include:
- Memory impairment
- Double vision
- Talking difficulties
- Excess salivation
- Suicidal thoughts
- Breathing troubles
- High lung secretion
Precautions and Warnings of Zicam Dt 0.25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have surgery or a dental procedure planned.
- You experience side effects that are persistent or worsen with time.
- You have suicidal thoughts or experience a change in mood or behaviour after taking Zicam tablets.
- You need to do something that requires steady focus. This medicine can cause difficulties with concentration.
- You are an older adult over 65. Zicam tablets can cause exaggerated side effects due to slow metabolism in this age group.
- You are obese. The dose needs to be monitored.
- You have a kidney condition.
- You have withdrawal symptoms such as sweating, stuffy nose, vomiting, nausea, etc. The dose of the Zicam tablet needs to be slowly tapered.
Mode of Action of Zicam Dt 0.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zicam Dt 0.25 MG
- Take Zicam tablets as advised by the doctor and in the prescribed dosage.
- Do not exceed the dose, even if you cannot notice its effects.
- You can take Zicam medicine with or without food.
- Do not try to break or chew it; swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Do not consume the tablets if their packaging is open or damaged.
- Inform your doctor if you want to take other medications with Zicam tablets.
Interactions of Zicam Dt 0.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Zicam tablets can interact with many medicines and cause adverse side effects. It is advised to inform the doctor of all medications being currently taken so that they can be checked for possible interaction issues. These medicines can interact with Zicam tablets....
- Inform your doctor if you use sedatives or antidepressant medicines before taking Zicam tablets. The reactions between these medicines can cause unwanted effects. Maintain a 14 days gap between them.
- While using Zicam tablets, notify your doctor if you are in pain or have a fever. But, do not self medicate on opiates or narcotic pain relievers (such as codeine, oxycodone, fentanyl, tramadol, etc.), anti-allergy medicines, or cold and cough medicines with this tablet. Taken together, they can cause extreme drowsiness....
- Antibiotics, antifungals, HIV medicine, etc., can lower the effectiveness of Zicam tablets. If they need to be taken together, dose adjustment of Zicam tablets is required.
Interactions with food items
- Avoid caffeine-containing products like coffee, energy drinks, cola, and chocolates. Caffeine is a stimulant and lowers the calming effects of Zicam tablets.
- Do not drink excess grapefruit juice when on treatment with Zicam tablets. This fruit increases the levels of this medicine in the blood.
Storage and disposal of Zicam Dt 0.25 MG
Dosage of Zicam Dt 0.25 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Varsha Parihar
MBBS, MD (Community Medicine)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Zicam tablets as sleeping pills?
Q: Will I have any addiction issues if I use Zicam tablets every day?
Q: How long will it take to notice the effects of Zicam tablets?
- Morishita S. Clonazepam as a therapeutic adjunct to improve the management of depression: A brief review [Internet]. Human psychopharmacology. U.S. National Library of Medicine [cited 11 Mar 2022]
- Clonazepam: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. medlineplus.gov U.S. National Library of Medicine [cited 11 Mar 2022]
- The efficacy and safety of Zicam in patients with anxiety disorder taking newer antidepressants: A multicenter naturalistic study [Internet]. Clinical psychopharmacology and neuroscience: The official scientific journal of the Korean College of Neuropsychopharmacology. Korean College of Neuropsychopharmacology. 2016 [cited 11 Mar 2022]
- New Drugs Approved by CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 Mar 2022]