Zempred 16mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zempred 16 tablet is a steroid medicine used to treat various allergic conditions like skin allergies, asthma and lung-related problems. It contains methylprednisolone as the active ingredient. You should take this medicine at the dose and duration as prescribed by the treating doctor. It is advised to complete the entire course of the treatment as per the doctor's directions. Do not stop the medicine abruptly, inform your doctor if you feel any discomfort. Your doctor may gradually reduce the dose of this medicine, before completing stopping the medicine. Before using the Zempred 16 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
|You Save||₹18.01 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(16.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Increased risk for infections, stomach ulcers, bloating|
Check more medicines with composition as Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(16.0 Mg)
7 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Zempred 16mg Tablet
Uses of Zempred 16 MG
Zempred 16 tablet is indicated for the treatment and/or suppression of inflammatory and allergic disorders associated with different organs. It is also helpful in various allergic ailments like asthma, skin allergies....
Contraindications of Zempred 16 MG
- If you are allergic to methylprednisolone, steroids or any other components of Zempred 16 tablet.
- If you are suffering from any kind of infection such as infection of the lungs, throat or food pipe.
- If you have any untreated infection.
- If you recently had or have an upcoming vaccination scheduled.
Side effects of Zempred 16 MG
- Increased risk for infections
- Stomach ulcers
- Thinning of the skin
- Water retention in the body
- Mood disorders
- Muscle weakness
- High blood pressure
- Delayed wound healing
Precautions and Warnings of Zempred 16 MG
Can I take Zempred 16 tablet during pregnancy?
Zempred 16 tablet should not be given to pregnant women unless it is considered necessary by the doctor.
Can I take Zempred 16 tablet while breastfeeding?
Zempred 16 tablets may pass into breast milk in small amounts. Hence the use of Zempred 16 is not recommended during breastfeeding unless it is necessary.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Zempred 16 tablet?
Zempred 16 tablet can cause disorientation, confusion and mental problems. Therefore, if you experience any of these symptoms after taking Zempred 16 tablet, do not drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Zempred 16 tablet?
There is no known interaction of Zempred 16 tablet with alcohol. It is advisable to consult your doctor before taking it.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are experiencing mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts.
- You have an infection (such as fungal infection, measles, chickenpox, etc) and you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response. So it is advised to discuss your condition with a doctor.
- You are experiencing visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long-term use, there is a probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- You develop any skin allergies and rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- Zempred 16 tablet may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like the stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Zempred 16 MG
How Does It Work?
Zempred 16 tablet is effective against many diseases and works by reducing swelling, pain and redness. Methylprednisolone is a man-made steroid. It acts by suppressing the immune response in allergies and inflammation during organ transplantation. Steroids play a critical role in maintaining normal body functions during stress....
Directions for Use of Zempred 16 MG
- Take Zempred 16 tablet exactly as prescribed by your physician.
- Do not stop it abruptly, as this can lead to side effects.
- Taking a dose higher or lower than prescribed is not advisable.
- It would be best if taken along with meals to avoid stomach discomfort.
Interactions of Zempred 16 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can alter the effectiveness of Zempred 16 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking anti-tubercular medicines, antibiotics, antihypertensive medicines, oral contraceptives, antacids and antidiabetic medicines.
- Immunosuppressants like ciclosporin and tacrolimus, you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine.
- Concomitant use of painkillers can cause the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Medicines used to treat muscle disorders (myasthenia gravis) such as distigmine, neostigmine and pancuronium, if taken along with Zempred 16 tablet, can lead to muscle weakness.
Interactions with food items
Avoid having grapefruit juice while taking Zempred 16 tablet, as it can cause adverse effects with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Zempred 16 MG
- Store the Zempred 16 tablet at room temperature and away from heat and moisture.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Zempred 16 MG
Taking more than the prescribed dose can cause side effects, which can become severe over time. If you think you have taken too much of Zempred 16 tablet contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember unless its time for your next dose. Do not take a double dose of Zempred 16 tablet to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does the Zempred 16 tablet affect vaccinations?
A: Zempred 16 can reduce the effectiveness of live or weakened vaccines. Hence, it is advisable to consult your doctor before taking any vaccine.
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine on my own?
A: No, steroids therapy should not be stopped abruptly as it can lead to psychological problems, your dose will be gradually reduced by your doctor before completely withdrawing this therapy.
Q: Can Zempred be used for children?
A: It can only be given to children if it is prescribed by the doctor and in the exact dose as prescribed under adult supervision. Monitor your child's growth and development closely while on this medicine.
- CDSCO - Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 15 November 2021]
- Medrone 16mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 November 2021]
- Lactmed - Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 15 November 2021]
- Medrone 16mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 November 2021]
- Medrol Tablet (methylprednisolone), USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 15 November 2021]
- DailyMed - METHYLPREDNISOLONE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 15 November 2021]
Country of Origin
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.