Zefon 250mg Injection
Zefon 250 MG Description
Zefon 250mg Inj is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections such as infection of brain, lungs, ear, stomach, urinary tract, joints, blood, skin and soft t
issues. Zefon 250mg Inj contains ceftriaxone as its active ingredient. Ceftriaxone acts by killing the infection-causing bacteria. Zefon 250mg Inj is given/adminstered in healthcare set up under supervision of a registered medical practitioner. The dose and duration for thetreatment will be decided by your doctor after careful assessment of your condition. Tell your doctor about your complete medical history before initiating the treatment.
Uses of Zefon 250 MG
Contraindications of Zefon 250 MG
- If you are allergic to ceftriaxone or any other ingredients of the Zefon 250mg Inj .
- If you are allergic to antibiotics from class cephalosporin, penicillins, monobactams and carbapenems. If you are not sure about which are these medicines ask your doctor.
- This injection should not be used in prematured babies, newborn suffering from jaundice or receiving calcium intravenously.
Side effects of Zefon 250 MG
- Injection site pain
- Irregular blood cell count
Precautions and Warnings of Zefon 250 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney or liver disease or kidney stones.
- You are suffering from gallstones (stones in the gallbladder), anaemia (decreased red blood cells).
- You are on a low sodium diet.
- You have inflammation or swelling in any part of your bowel.
- You have stomach disease or you have experienced diarrhoea after taking antibiotics.
- You have taken any medicine or supplement containing calcium recently.
- You should let the doctor, or the laboratory person know that you are using Zefon 250mg Inj while going for a lab test, as it may interfere with the lab tests.
- Before Zefon 250mg Inj is administered to your child, let the doctor know if your child has been given a product containing calcium into their vein.
Mode of Action of Zefon 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Zefon 250 MG
Interactions of Zefon 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Zefon 250mg Inj works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
- Blood thinners can increase the risk of bleeding. Hence, inform your doctor about it, dose adjustment may be required.
Storage and disposal of Zefon 250 MG
- Store Zefon 250mg Inj below 30°C, protect it from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Any unused portion should be discarded properly.
Dosage of Zefon 250 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Zefon 250mg Inj if I feel better after taking a few injections?
Q: What other disease conditions should I discuss with my doctor before taking Zefon 250mg Inj ?
Q: Can I take Zefon 250mg Inj at home or on my own?
Q: Can we give Zefon 250mg Inj during dengue?
Q: Does Zefon 250mg Inj work for viruses?
Q: How is Zefon 250mg Inj given?
- CDSCO - Ceftriaxone injection [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- CEFBACT Injection [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Rocephin 1g Powder for Solution for Injection or Infusion [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Ceftriaxone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]
- Can Alcohol Abuse Cause or Worsen an Infectious Disease? [Internet]. Alcohol.org. 2022 [cited 5 May 2022]