Yasmin Strip Of 21 Tablets
By BAYER ZYDUS PHARMA
21 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Yasmin tablet is an oral contraceptive pill. It is used to prevent in the female of childbearing age. It is a combination of ethinylestradiol and drospirenone. This pill works by preventing the release of an egg from the ovary and preventing the sperm from reaching the womb. It should be taken as prescribed by your doctor, also it is very important to take this medicine regularly as missing a dose may lead to failure of contraception. Oral contraceptives are one of the most reliable methods of contraception if used correctly and regularly at the same time every day. It can also make your periods regular and may relieve premenstrual syndrome. Before you start taking this pill inform your doctor if you smoke and are over 35 years of age, have any medical condition and are on other medications and supplements....
|You Save||₹87.20 (16% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Drospirenone(3.0 Mg),Ethinylestradiol(0.03 Mg)|
|Uses||Birth control pill|
|Side effects||Nausea, headache, pelvic pain, breast pain, mood swings|
|Classification||FEMALE HORMONE PILLS|
Check more medicines with composition as Drospirenone(3.0 Mg) + Ethinylestradiol(0.03 Mg)
Uses of Yasmin Strip Of 21 Tablets
Yasmin tablets are used as oral contraceptive for women to prevent pregnancy.
Contraindications of Yasmin Strip Of 21 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Yasmin tablets or their other ingredients.
- If you have a blood clot in a blood vessel of the legs, lungs or other organs.
- If you have any disorder affecting your blood clotting function.
- If you have any heart, kidney or liver-related disorder or disease.
- If you require an operation or surgery.
- If you have a type of recurring headache (migraine) called ‘migraine with aura’.
- If you have hypertension, diabetes and a high level of fat in the blood.
- If you are having a condition of elevation of an amino acid (homocysteine).
- If you have breast cancer or cancer of the genital organs.
- If you are facing any unexplained bleeding from the vagina.
- It is not intended for use in females whose menstrual periods have not yet started.
- It is not intended for older women after menopause.
Side effects of Yasmin Strip Of 21 Tablets
- Breast pain
- Mood swings
- Unusual spotting
Precautions and Warnings of Yasmin Strip Of 21 Tablets
Can I take Yasmin tablets during pregnancy?
Yasmin tablets should not be taken by a pregnant woman. If you become pregnant while taking Yasmin tablets, you must stop taking it immediately and contact your doctor.
Can I take Yasmin tablets while breastfeeding?
It is not advised to take Yasmin tablets while breastfeeding. This medicine may lead to a reduction in the amount of milk produced and may affect its quality. Hence it is not recommended until the nursing mother has completely stopped breastfeeding her child.
Can I drive if I have consumed Yasmin tablets?
Yasmin tablets are unlikely to affect your ability to drive or operate machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Yasmin tablets?
Limited information is available on interaction of Yasmin tablets with alcohol. Consult your doctor if you drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience persistent cough, swelling of the face, tongue and other body parts, breathing problems, etc.
- You develop jaundice (yellowing of skin or eyes).
- You experience an increase in blood pressure.
- You have any pre-existing medical condition such as hypertension, diabetes, hypertension, liver problem etc.
- You have or had a history of gall stones.
- You have a habit of smoking and your age is above 35 years, as it can increase the risk of heart problems.
- You have a blood clotting disorder or any blood related disorder.
- You are overweight, have migraine, varicose vein disorder or chronic inflammatory bowel disease.
- You have any condition that worsened due to the use of this medicine previously.
- You have just given birth you are at an increased risk of blood clots, ask your doctor how soon after delivery you can start taking Yasmin tablet.
Mode of Action of Yasmin Strip Of 21 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Yasmin tablets work by the combined action of their two ingredients. It prevents the release of an egg from the ovaries, makes the vaginal fluid thick that makes it more difficult for sperm to reach the womb and by preventing the thickening of the uterus thus making it unsuitable for implantation....
Directions for Use of Yasmin Strip Of 21 Tablets
- Swallow Yasmin tablets as a whole with water.
- Yasmin tablets can be taken with or without food.
- Take this tablet as prescribed by the doctor.
Interactions of Yasmin Strip Of 21 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Yasmin tablets or it itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Yasmin Strip Of 21 Tablets
- Keep Yasmin tablets out of sight from children.
- Do not store above 30 °C temperature.
Dosage of Yasmin Strip Of 21 Tablets
If you think you have taken too much of Yasmin tablets contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Yasmin tablets. Consult your doctor first. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one. In case you are more than 12 hours late taking a tablet then consult your doctor as it may increase the risk of getting pregnant....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How to take if you missed a dose of Yasmin tablets?
A: If you are less than 12 hours late taking a tablet, the protection against pregnancy is not reduced. Take the next dose as soon as you remember and then take the following tablets again at the usual time. If it’s already more than 12 hours late taking a tablet, the protection against pregnancy may be reduced.
Q: What are the side effects caused by Yasmin tablets?
A: Yasmin tablets may causes some side effects such as nausea, headache, pelvic pain, breast pain and menstrual disorders.
Q: What are the effects caused by Yasmin tablets if consumed with alcohol?
A: Limited information is available for the effects shown by the interaction of Yasmin tablets when consumed with alcohol. Consult your doctor before taking this medication.
Q: What time of day is best to take Yasmin pill?
A: You can take Yasmin pill at any time of the day, as advised by the doctor, but take it at the same time to get the most benefit. However, it should be taken after the doctor's advice only.
Q: Can I use Yasmin tablet to postpone my period?
A: No, you should not take Yasmin pill for any condition without consulting your doctor. It is used as an oral contraceptive pill for women.
Q: What happens if I stop taking Yasmin pill?
A: If you suddenly stop taking Yasmin pill, it may affect your menstruation cycle. Hence, this pill should not be immediately stopped, without consulting a doctor.
- Yasmin tablets [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Yasmin, Yaz (drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Yasmin film-coated tablets 0.03mg/3mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 9 May 2022]
Other Products from this Brand