Xyzal M Tablet 15's
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Xyzal M Tablet contains a combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast. It is an anti-allergic medicine used to provide temporary relief from allergic conditions such as rhinitis, blocked or runny nose, watery eyes, hives, rash, difficulty in breathing and blocked airways. This combination of medicine acts by inhibiting the action of histamine and leukotrienes (natural chemical substance) respectively responsible for allergic reaction. This medicine should not be used in children below 6 years of age and also for patients having kidney disease and undergoing dialysis. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Xyzal M Tablet can make you feel sleepy or dizzy as a side effect. Thus, it is preferred to take this medicine at night.
Uses of Xyzal M Tablet 15'S
Xyzal M Tablet is used for relieving the symptoms of allergic rhinitides, such as the runny or stuffed nose, blockage in airways, difficulty in breathing, sneezing, watery eyes.
Contraindications of Xyzal M Tablet 15'S
- If you are allergic to Levocetirizine, Cetirizine or Montelukast or any other ingredient of Xyzal M Tablet.
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis.
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of Xyzal M Tablet 15'S
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Tiredness or weakness
- Blocked or runny nose
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Indigestion or dyspepsia
Precautions and Warnings of Xyzal M Tablet 15'S
Can I take Xyzal M Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Xyzal M Tablet on pregnancy. It is recommended to avoid taking this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor about your pregnancy or if you think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Xyzal M Tablet while breastfeeding?
A component of Xyzal M Tablet passes into the human breast milk and may cause drowsiness in the newborn baby. It is recommended to avoid taking this medicine while breastfeeding unless prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are a breast-feeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed Xyzal M Tablet?
Xyzal M Tablet may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Be cautious while driving or operating any machinery after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Xyzal M Tablet?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment with Xyzal M Tablet as it might alter your alertness and increase side effects. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- You experience a rash or breathing difficulty.
- You are suffering from a psychiatric illness.
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- You are not able to empty the bladder.
- Xyzal M Tablet is not meant for relief from acute asthma, use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
- Xyzal M Tablet should not be used in children below 6 years of age.
Mode of Action of Xyzal M Tablet 15'S
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine, a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of Xyzal M Tablet 15'S
Xyzal M Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should preferably be taken at night. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Xyzal M Tablet 15'S
Interactions with other medicines
- Xyzal M Tablet contains Levocetirizine and Montelukast. Any interaction which is seen with any of these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination too.
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy like Phenytoin.
- Medicines used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness (CNS depressants) like Phenobarbital.
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis like Rifampicin.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Xyzal M Tablet 15'S
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Xyzal M Tablet 15'S
- Overdose symptoms of Xyzal M Tablet include drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have depression, can Xyzal M Tablet worsen it?
A: Xyzal M Tablet is known to cause side effects like anxiety, depression, irritability and suicidal behaviour. It would be best if you are cautious as there can be an increased frequency of suicidal thoughts. In case it occurs, immediately inform your family and doctor.
Q: Can I take Xyzal M Tablet during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking this medicine as well, and do not stop it abruptly.
Q: Is Xyzal M Tablet useful for cough?
A: No, Xyzal M Tablet is an anti-allergic medicine used to treat allergic symptoms. This medicine does not thin the mucus and thus does not provide relief from cough.
Q: Is Xyzal M Tablet and Xyzal same?
A: No, both the medicine differs from each other in the active composition, thus has a slightly different action. Xyzal M Tablet is a combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast, which has an action against allergic condition and used as a prophylaxis treatment for asthma as well, while Xyzal contains Levocetirizine, which has action mainly against the allergic condition. Your doctor will prescribe you the appropriate medicine based on the need.
- CiplaMed. Montair LC. [ Accessed on 09.March.2021 ] (online)
- Centaurpharma. MTnL Tablet. PI. [ Accessed on 09.March.2021 ] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Montelukast. [ Accessed on 09.March.2021 ] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Levocetirizine. [ Accessed on 09.March.2021 ] (online)
- LactMed. Levocetrizine. [ Accessed on 09.March.2021 ] (online)
Last Updated on: 13 Mar 2021 | 06:26 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved