Xylocaine 5% Heavy Injection 2ml
Xylocaine Heavy 5 % Description
Xylocaine Heavy Injection is used to produce a loss of sensation in a small part of the body or large area of the body such as arms, legs or abdomen before surgery to relieve pain during or after sur
ery. It contains lignocaine which is an anaesthetic medicine. It works by stopping the conduction of pain signals through nerves from the skin to the brain. Nausea or vomiting, dizziness, an abnormal sensation of the skin, slow heartbeats are some of the side effects of this injection. This medicine will be given to you in hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Xylocaine Heavy 5 %
Contraindications of Xylocaine Heavy 5 %
Side effects of Xylocaine Heavy 5 %
- Injection site reactions
- Nausea or vomiting
- An abnormal sensation of the skin
- Slow heartbeats
- Low or high blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Xylocaine Heavy 5 %
Other General Warnings
- You have joint pain or joint stiffness.
- You have slow heartbeats or heart disease.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You have a feeling of restlessness, anxiety, sleepiness, dizziness, lightheadedness after taking this injection.
- You have liver diseases, severe kidney diseases or heart diseases.
- You have brain disorders or spinal deformity.
- You have epilepsy, a brain disorder characterised by repeated seizures.
Mode of Action of Xylocaine Heavy 5 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Xylocaine Heavy 5 %
- Xylocaine Heavy Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self-inject, follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Xylocaine Heavy 5 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Xylocaine Heavy Injection works or this injection itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, medicines used in rain disorders, antifungal medicines and antibiotics, etc.
Storage and disposal of Xylocaine Heavy 5 %
- Store it at 15°C to 30°C temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Xylocaine Heavy 5 %
- Xylocaine Heavy Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse, thus chances of an overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms, inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
- Symptoms of an overdose may include an abnormal sensation around the mouth, a loss of sensation on the tongue, lightheadedness, ringing sensation in the ears, decreased tolerance to everyday sounds, vision problem, tremors, seizures, difficulty in breathing, low blood pressure, slow heartbeats, irregular heartbeats, etc....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Xylocaine Heavy Injection is used to relieve pain in anal fissures?
Q: Can I take this injection for the treatment of body pain or a headache?
Other Products from this Brand
- Xylocaine 2 Jelly 30 Gm
- Xylocaine 5 Tube Of 50 Gm Ointment
- Xylocaine 10 Spray
- Xylocaine Nf Tube Of 30 Gm Cream
- Xylocaine 2 Jelly 50 Gm
- Xylocaine Viscous Bottle Of 200 Ml Solution
- Xylocaine 2 Injection 30 Ml
- Xylocaine Adrenaline 2 Injection 30 Ml
- Xylocaine Astrazeneca 4 Solution 30 Ml
- Xylocaine Astrazeneca 5 Injection 2 Ml