Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
30g Jelly in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm contains Lidocaine. It is a local anaesthetic medicine, which makes the applied area of the body numb for a short duration of time. It facilitates the insertion of various medical and imaging instruments in the body by acting as a lubricant too. It should be applied in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Uses of Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm
- Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm is used as a local anaesthetic. It is also used to relieve pain during medical procedures involving the insertion of a tube in the urinary tract.
- It is applied on inner surfaces of the mouth, throat or nose to ease the insertion of tubes or other medical equipments.
Contraindications of Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm
- If you are allergic to Lidocaine or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to any other local anesthetic agent (amide-type).
Side effects of Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm
- Burning Sensation
Precautions and Warnings of Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm
Can I use Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm during pregnancy?
Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm is to be applied on topical surfaces and the quantities which might get absorbed from the skin is too little and there are rare chances of absorption. This medicine should be used under medical supervision by a pregnant woman.
Can I use Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm while breastfeeding?
Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm should not be applied to the breast of breastfeeding mothers or elsewhere on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period. Consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Can I drive if I have applied Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm?
You may drive safely after you have applied Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm. It does not affect your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, if you consume alcohol too often, then discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction after the use of this medicine. You are suffering from any serious health issue.read less
- You should discuss your complete medical history and ongoing medications with your doctor before using this medicine.
Mode of Action of Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm
How Does It Work?
Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm contains Lidocaine, which acts on nerves and blocks the conduction of pain sensations for a short duration of time and also acts as a lubricant to allow a minor treatment or (diagnostic) imaging procedure to happen with lesser discomfort.
Directions for Use of Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor.
- For external use only, apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm
Interactions with other medicines
Since this medicine is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
Storage and disposal of Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm
- Store at a cool and dry place
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
- Discard any unused medicine
Dosage of Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm
- As Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, then wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm, then apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply this medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does it take for Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm to work?
A: Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm will start making your skin numb after 3 to 5 minutes of application. The duration may vary slightly depending upon the area of the body where it is applied.
Q: Can I use Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm for treating premature ejaculation?
- You may use Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm to help temporarily with the problem of premature ejaculation after consulting your doctor and taking the consent of your partner.
Q: Can I use Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm for treating oral ulcers?
A: Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm will not treat your oral ulcers but will offer temporary relief in pain after application. You may consult your doctor and use some ulcer healing medicines as well for faster recovery.
Q: Can I use Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm for piles?
A: You may use Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm on piles to get some relief in pain temporarily. Consult your doctor to get proper treatment for this.
Other Variants for
Xylocaine 2% Jelly 30gm
- Xylocaine Viscous Bottle Of 200 Ml Solution
- Xylocaine 5 Tube Of 50 Gm Ointment
- Xylocaine Astrazeneca 4 Solution 30 Ml
- Xylocaine 2 Inj 30 Ml
- Xylocaine 2 Jelly 50 Gm
- Xylocaine 5 Oint 20 Gm
- Xylocaine 5 Ointment 30 Gm
- Xylocaine Astrazeneca 5 Injection 2 Ml
- Xylocaine Astrazeneca 4 Injection 2 Ml
- Xylocaine 2 Adrenaline Inj 30 Ml
- Xylocaine 1 Inj 30 Ml
- Xylocaine 10 Spray
- Xylocaine Solu 100 Ml
- Xylocaine 2 Inj 2 Ml
Last Updated on: 08 Nov 2020 | 12:16 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved