Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets Description
Xoclave 625 tablet is an antibiotic medicine that is used to treat various bacterial infections such as infection of the lungs, airways, ears, urinary tract, skin, bone, joints, soft tissue and tooth
. Xoclave 625 tablet contains Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid as its active ingredients. It works by the combined action of the two components. Amoxicillin kills the bacteria responsible for infections and Clavulanic acid helps in maintaining an optimal level of Amoxicillin by inactivating the enzymes, which break the Amoxicillin. Take Xoclave 625 as prescribed by your doctor in the correct dose and for the exact duration. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as stopping this medicine may result in treatment failure and increase the risk of re-infection. You may sometimes experience diarrhoea while on this medicine, reach out to your doctor immediately. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical and medication history.
|You Save||₹24.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea|
Uses of Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Contraindications of Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Xoclave 625 tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotics like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Infection of skin and nails
Precautions and Warnings of Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin or cephalosporins.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have kidney and liver problems.
- You experience fits after taking this medicine.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with Moxclav 625 tablet.
- You have difficulty in passing urine.
Mode of Action of Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions of Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Xoclave 625 tablets may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled....
- There is an increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol. It is advised to regularly monitor the blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate, which is used to treat cancer.
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid and medicines used to modify the immune response during an organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil should be used cautiously with Xoclave 625 tablet....
Storage and disposal of Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Xoclave 625 tablet at room temperature in the original packaging to protect it from heat and moisture.
- Keep the tablets away from children and pets.
- Discard the unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Xoclave 625 tablet cause diarrhoea?
Q: Can I take Xoclave 625 tablet if I am allergic to penicillin?
Q: Is it safe to use Xoclave 625 tablets?
Q: How many times in a day do I have to take Xoclave 625 tablet?
Q: How long does it take for Xoclave 625 tablet to show its effects?
Q: Is Xoclave 625 tablet an antibiotic?
- AUGMENTIN (amoxicillin/clavulanate potassium), USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Augmentin 625mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Amoxicillin+Clavulanic acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Augmentin 625mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- DailyMed - AUGMENTIN- amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium tablet, film coatedAUGMENTIN- amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium powder, for suspension [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]