Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By CORONA REMEDIES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Xoclave 625 tablet is an antibiotic medicine that is used to treat various bacterial infections such as infection of the lungs, airways, ears, urinary tract, skin, bone, joints, soft tissue and tooth. Xoclave 625 tablet contains Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid as its active ingredients. It works by the combined action of the two components. Amoxicillin kills the bacteria responsible for infections and Clavulanic acid helps in maintaining an optimal level of Amoxicillin by inactivating the enzymes, which break the Amoxicillin. Take Xoclave 625 as prescribed by your doctor in the correct dose and for the exact duration. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as stopping this medicine may result in treatment failure and increase the risk of re-infection. You may sometimes experience diarrhoea while on this medicine, reach out to your doctor immediately. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical and medication history....
|You Save||₹30.04 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg),Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg) + Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Uses of Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Xoclave 625 tablet is used to treat infections caused by bacteria such as sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, bone, tooth and joint infections.
Contraindications of Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Xoclave 625 tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotics like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Infection of skin and nails
Precautions and Warnings of Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Xoclave 625 tablet if I'm pregnant?
You should consult your doctor before using this medicine as there is limited information about its safety during pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you this medicine if it is considered essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
Can I take Xoclave 625 tablets while breastfeeding?
Xoclave 625 tablets should not be taken while breastfeeding as its components pass into the breastmilk. It is known to cause fungal infection of the mouth and diarrhoea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Xoclave 625 tablet?
Xoclave 625 tablet may cause dizziness, fits and allergic reactions. Thus, either be cautious or avoid driving or using machines while on treatment with this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Xoclave 625 tablet?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, you should avoid using alcohol as it can delay the healing or decrease the body's response to infection/injury.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin or cephalosporins.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have kidney and liver problems.
- You experience fits after taking this medicine.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with Moxclav 625 tablet.
- You have difficulty in passing urine.
Mode of Action of Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Xoclave 625 tablet works by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. However, the bacteria make the enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Amoxicillin. Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and helps Amoxicillin to function optimally....
Directions for Use of Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Xoclave 625 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It is beneficial to take it after meals to avoid stomach problems. It is advisable to have this medicine at a fixed time to get optimal results. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Xoclave 625 tablets may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled....
- There is an increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol. It is advised to regularly monitor the blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate, which is used to treat cancer.
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid and medicines used to modify the immune response during an organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil should be used cautiously with Xoclave 625 tablet....
Storage and disposal of Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Xoclave 625 tablet at room temperature in the original packaging to protect it from heat and moisture.
- Keep the tablets away from children and pets.
- Discard the unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Xoclave 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
An excess of this medicine may lead to serious kidney damage and fits. Symptoms of an overdose are stomach discomforts, vomiting, diarrhoea, sleepiness and fluid retention. If you think you have taken too much of Xoclave 625 tablet, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can fail the therapy. If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Xoclave 625 tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment. However, contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucus along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: Can I take Xoclave 625 tablet if I am allergic to penicillin?
A: Never take this medicine if you are allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: Is it safe to use Xoclave 625 tablets?
A: Yes, Xoclave 625 tablet is safe to use when taken under the supervision of your doctor. However, in some patients, it may show some side effects like nausea, vomiting & diarrhoea.
Q: How many times in a day do I have to take Xoclave 625 tablet?
A: The exact frequency of consumption of this tablet depends upon your infection or disease. Your doctor will decide this after assessing the problem. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor. Refrain from self-medication of any antibiotics and do not take them in excess or less.
Q: How long does it take for Xoclave 625 tablet to show its effects?
A: Xoclave 625 tablet can start showing its effect approximately after 1 hour of its consumption. However, it varies among individuals and can also vary due to the physiology of an individual and the severity of the infection. As it is an antibiotic medicine, the complete effect towards infection could be seen after you complete the course of antibiotic treatment.
Q: Is Xoclave 625 tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Xoclave 625 tablet is a penicillin-type of antibiotic that is used to kill and stop the growth of infection-causing bacteria.
- AUGMENTIN (amoxicillin/clavulanate potassium), USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Augmentin 625mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Amoxicillin+Clavulanic acid [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- Augmentin 625mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
- DailyMed - AUGMENTIN- amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium tablet, film coatedAUGMENTIN- amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium powder, for suspension [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 22 July 2021]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.