Xmet 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Xmet 250 MG Description
Xmet 250mg Tab 10`S contains metformin, which belongs to the biguanide group of medicines used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus (also called known as 'non-insulin dependent diabetes').
|You Save||₹2.40 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Metformin(250.0 Mg)
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Xmet 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Glycomet 250mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 14.29₹ 12.15₹ 1.22/Tablet
- Glyciphage 250mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Franco Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 12.50₹ 10.62₹ 1.06/Tablet
- Bigomet 250mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 10.25₹ 8.71₹ 0.87/Tablet
- Obimet 250 Tablet 10 No'sBy Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 16.50₹ 14.02₹ 1.4/Tablet
Uses of Xmet 250 MG
It is used for type 2 diabetes mellitus (‘non-insulin dependent diabetes’) when diet and exercise have not been able to control your blood glucose levels.
Contraindications of Xmet 250 MG
- If you are allergic to metformin, or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have liver or severe kidney problems
- If you are an alcoholic
- If you have uncontrolled diabetes
- If you have any heart problems, or if you recently had a heart attack
- If you have a severe infection of lung or kidney. Infections can increase the risk for lactic acidosis
Side effects of Xmet 250 MG
- Mild diarrhoea
- Stomach pain
- Altered taste sensations
- Loss of appetite
- Vitamin B12 deficiency (low level of vitamin B12 in blood)
- Skin rash, redness, itching
- Lactic acidosis (too much acid in the body)
- Abnormal liver function tests and hepatitis
Precautions and Warnings of Xmet 250 MG
Can I take Xmet 250mg Tab 10`S during pregnancy?
In general, in pregnancy-related diabetes, insulin is preferred over any oral blood-glucose-lowering medicines. Your doctor will mostly not prescribe this medicine to you in pregnancy. Do not use in pregnancy without a doctor’s advice.
Can I take Xmet 250mg Tab 10`S while breastfeeding?
It is known to pass into mother’s milk. So it should be not taken in breastfeeding without doctor's advice.
Can I drive if I have consumed Xmet 250mg Tab 10`S?
If you are taking Xmet 250mg Tab 10`S along with other antidiabetic medicines, there are chances your blood sugar can fall. You may experience faintness, confusion and increased sweating. So in this case, you should take extra care when driving. Keep a juice or chocolate handy while driving, in case you start experiencing any of these, immediately have it.
Can I consume alcohol with Xmet 250mg Tab 10`S?
Avoid excessive intake of alcohol while taking Xmet 250mg Tab 10`S. Alcohol lowers blood sugar which can be dangerous and also increases the risk of a serious condition called lactic acidosis.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffering from continous diarrhoea, vomiting, loss of body fluids
- You experience signs of low blood glucose like dizziness, weakness, rapid heartbeat, sweating, inability to concentrate. Metformin does not usually cause sudden low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). If Metformin is prescribed with other anti-diabetic medications, low blood sugar may occur...
- You experience muscle pain, stomach pain, vomiting, breathing difficulty, low body temperature. This could be a serious condition known as lactic acidosis
- Stop taking Xmet 250mg Tab 10`S for a short time if you have severe vomiting, diarrhea
Mode of Action of Xmet 250 MG
How Does It Work?
- Your pancreas produces a hormone called insulin. Insulin drives glucose (sugar) from the blood to enter inside the cell. Then this glucose is utilized as energy by the cell
- If you have diabetes mellitus, your pancreas either does not make enough insulin or your body is unable to use properly the insulin it produces (insulin resistance)
- As a result, glucose is not able to enter into the cells and this leads to a high level of glucose in your blood
- Xmet 250mg Tab 10`S works by decreasing the amount of glucose absorbed from the intestine, lowering the amount of sugar created by the liver, and facilitating entry of sugar into the cells
Directions for Use of Xmet 250 MG
- Take this medicine with or after a meal to reduce it's side effects
- Consult your doctor for the appropriate dosage of Xmet 250mg Tab 10`S
- Take the tablet as a whole with a glass of water.The tablets should not be crushed
- Swallow each tablet with a glass of water
Interactions of Xmet 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicine used to reduce pain and swelling like ibuprofen, celecoxib
- Medicine used to treat asthma like salbutamol or terbutaline
- Medicines like furosemide (diuretics)
- If you need to take an injection of iodine-containing contrast medium into your bloodstream, for an X-ray or scan, your doctor will ask you to stop taking metformin before or at the time of injection
- If you are on medicines that are used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAID and COX-2 inhibitors, such as ibuprofen and celecoxib) for the long term, these can damage your kidneys. Use of such medicines in diabetes should be avoided...
Interactions with food items
- Absorption of vitamin B12 appears to be reduced during long-term metformin therapy, and annual screening of serum vitamin B12 levels and red blood cell parameters has been recommended
- Advisable to have a diabetic diet as advised by your doctor or dietician. This medicine works best along with a good diet and exercise. Exercise is known to decrease insulin resistance
Storage and disposal of Xmet 250 MG
- This medicine should be kept away from excess heat or moisture
- Keep away from the reach of children
Dosage of Xmet 250 MG
- In the case of overdose, lactic acidosis may occur
- Symptoms of lactic acidosis are vomiting, stomache, muscle cramps and difficulty in breathing
- You must seek immediate emergency medical care if you suspect an overdose
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose, take it as soon as you remember with food. However, if it is time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is taking Metformin alone sufficient for diabetes?
A: Metformin is used with a proper diet and exercise program. Single drug therapy with metformin can be given in pre-diabetes or at the onset of diabetes. In diabetic at a later stage insulin production itself becomes very poor and a drug from other group of antidiabetics needs to be added to control high blood sugar.
Q: What should I tell the healthcare provider before I start treatment with metformin?
- You must get screened for baseline Vitamin B12 levels, kidney and liver profile. Other factors like weight, body mass index (BMI), baseline blood sugar levels before starting the treatment should be noted...
- You must share all the relevant medical and surgical history, your past and ongoing medicines etc. with your doctor
Q: What kind of food should I include in my diet?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil)
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads
Q: What should I avoid doing, being a diabetic patient?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oil and fried food
- Avoid cream soups, carrot juice, deep fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil
- Avoid white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, biryani, naan, fried rice etc
- Avoid cheese, milkshakes, ice creams
- Try to avoid pork, beef, soft drinks, sugarcane juice, sweetened health drinks and beverages
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- Xmet Sr 500 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Xmet Trio 500 Mg 0 2 Mg 2 Mg Tablets 10 S
- Xmet Trio 500 0 2 1 Tablets 10 S
- Xmet 500 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Xmet Sr 1 Gm Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Xmet 250 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Xmet 850 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Xmet 850 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Xmet 500 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Xmet Sr 1 Gm Strip Of 10 Tablets
And We Have A Winner: Presenting WOW Sale iPhone Champions
Benefits of Sudarshan Kriya and How to Do it By Dr. Ankit Sankhe
Benefits of Sukhasana (Easy Pose) and How to Do it By Dr. Himani Bisht
Benefits of Bhastrika Pranayama and How to Do it By Dr. Ankit Sankhe
Benefits of Ustrasana (Camel Pose) and How to Do it By Dr. Ankit Sankhe
Benefits of Gomukhasana (Cow Face Pose) and How to Do it By Dr. Himani Bisht
Benefits of Bhramari Pranayama and How to Do it By Dr. Himani Bisht
Benefits of Anulom Vilom and How to Do it By Dr. Ankit Sankhe
Benefits Of Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend Pose) and How to Do it
Benefits of Pranayama and How to Do it By Dr. Himani Bisht
Benefits of Vrikshasana (Tree Pose) and How to Do it By Dr. Ankit Sankhe
Better Heart Health- Things To Remember
Benefits of Trikonasana (Triangle Pose) and How to Do it By Dr. Himani Bisht
Benefits of Halasana (Plough Pose) and How to Do it By Dr. Himani Bisht
Benefits of Dhanurasana (Bow Pose) and How to Do it By Dr. Ankit Sankhe
Benefits of Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand) and How to Do it By Dr. Himani Bisht
Benefits of Sirsasana (Headstand) and How to Do it By Dr. Ankit Sankhe
Betel Leaves: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Smita Barode
Cod Liver Oil: Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Smita Barode
Lettuce: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Oregano: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Smita Barode
Maple Syrup: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Smita Barode
Puffed Rice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
What Food To Eat And What To Avoid After LASIK?
Strawberry: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Smita Barode
Food For People With Gall Bladder Stones
Black Rice: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Gulkand: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Smita Barode
Suji (Semolina): Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Wheat: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Benefits Of Eating Vitamins Regularly
Types Of Nebulisers And How They Help
Can You Exercise With Gall Bladder Stone
Porn Addiction: Know About Its Causes And Cure
Painful Intercourse: Causes, Symptoms And Possible Treatments
Medicine Hacks For People With Heart Disease
Importance Of Using Protection During Oral Sex
IUD As A Contraceptive Device- Effectiveness & Risks
Prepare Yourselves Against Swine Flu Outbreak
Spring Onion: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Smita Barode
Banana Flower: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Soybean: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Besan: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Pine Nuts: Uses, Benefits, Side Effects By Dr. Rajeev Singh
Home Remedies For Gall Bladder Stone
Vitamin D Deficiency: Symptoms To Watch Out For
Importance Of Site Rotation
Benefits of Padmasana and How to Do it By Dr. Himani Bisht
Benefits of Tadasana and How to Do It By Dr. Himani Bisht
Benefits of Kapalbhati and How to Do It By Dr. Ankit Sankhe
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.